Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Reality Check

It all comes down to finance and the Thais know that. If they have the money and are willing to sacrifice it then they will get rid of NP. If they havent they will stick. Personally, I believe things are very quiet as they are studyinmg all the figures to see what they can do. in teh ideal world they will get rid but they have the books to balance.

NP has done himself no favours this season and to be honest I don't think he is good enough for us toget promotion and certainly not good enough for the Prem. His level is at a top end Championship club but not one for the next push. We the fans have witnessed yet another 3 years of poor management since the Thais took over - I'm not saying it is their fault as they have saved us but their have been massive mistakes made from the boardroom that has cost their pockets dearly.

It all comes down to finance and the Thais know that. If they have the money and are willing to sacrifice it then they will get rid of NP. If they havent they will stick. Personally, I believe things are very quiet as they are studyinmg all the figures to see what they can do. in teh ideal world they will get rid but they have the books to balance.

NP has done himself no favours this season and to be honest I don't think he is good enough for us toget promotion and certainly not good enough for the Prem. His level is at a top end Championship club but not one for the next push. We the fans have witnessed yet another 3 years of poor management since the Thais took over - I'm not saying it is their fault as they have saved us but their have been massive mistakes made from the boardroom that has cost their pockets dearly.

I still don't understand your 'Pearson has done himself no favours' malarkey. How? The man has reduced the wage bill, got rid of dead wood, bought in some quality YOUNG players (Not to mention young players with fantastic potential to be a VERY good team) and got us in the play-offs (In the first year of the re-build). I just don't understand peoples negativity? Do you think we have a god given right to finish top or something? Do you think we deserve to be first? Do you not think what we achieved last season was something to be celebrated and braced, especially after Sven's complete 'feck up'?  

Pearson is staying, he will continue to re-build and we will continue to be successful, a few good additions (After releasing more of the dead wood) and we will be challenging again next season. Please show a bit more respect for this years achievement, not just for Nige but for the players as well. Jesus you lot are hard to please!

I think the Ffp rules coming in we are truly in a pickle. We will have to sell. The only players we will be signing will be frees or out of contract. Whichever way you look at it we are in the smelly stuff big time.

This is the only reason as well that Mr Pearson has kept his job. Reality is the owners could not afford to sack him in order to bring someone else in.

As the season progresses we will see how we go but I am less optimistic this coming season than last.

I don't think 6th place should be celebrated at all. The owners didn't spend all that money to scrape in at the bottom end of the play offs. They have ambitions to be better than that and good on them for that.

Pearson's remit was to gain promotion. This was not achieved. Ergo, the season was a failure.

I love the hatred from some people on here for a manager thats trying his hardest and has done more than any other manager we've had since MON.

We were a penalty kick away from Wembley and then 90 mins from the Premier League!!! Its not promotion granted but its hardly a failure.

He is building a young team with bright future's yet peope still believe moving him on is what is best.

I wish those people would realise what he's done/doing in a total sense i.e. balancing the books etc and picking up previous managers messes

Just because a team is young, it doesn't mean it's any good. A fair few of our youngsters have regressed this season, Drinkwater and Marshall to name the chief culprits.

Wood went missing for the final push, De Laet deceives people by using his pace to try and get out of the s**t when caught out positionally yet again. Only James has actually come on strong.

And will someone please explain the positives of signing Vardy, Futacs and Whitbread. Not to mention Lingaard and Kane on loan.

I think there are plus points, but certainly not enough to get me excited, sorry.

Edited to apologise for appearing to be such a grump, but that's how I see it. If you are more positive than me then good for you. Wish I could too, but casting an objective eye over things, I don't think this squad is quite as close to the finished article as a lot of people think.

I actually think a lot of fans' expectations are too low. We are about to enter this club's longest period outside the top tier in its history.

At the risk of sounding arrogant, that is unacceptable. If poxy clubs like Stoke, Swansea, Hull, Norwich and until recently, Wigan can do it easily enough then why not us.

The pressure on the club and its staff to get promoted will only increase with every year we spend outside the top division, and rightly so. We shouldn't settle for mediocrity and be content with getting close but not close enough.

Any player or staff member who can't deal with that pressure should head off up to Derby, where mediocrity is positively embraced. This club however, is better than that. There is nothing wrong with ambition. We should embrace it, not use it as an excuse.

What about the poxy clubs like wolves, Sheffield Wednesday, forest. Leeds and Birmingham?

Get over it mate, we have no Devine right to be in the top league.

What about the poxy clubs like wolves, Sheffield Wednesday, forest. Leeds and Birmingham?

Get over it mate, we have no Devine right to be in the top league.

Maybe not but shrugging your shoulders and having no ambition is a pretty depressing attitude. As for the poxy clubs you mention four of them are in the same league as us so are we poxy by your standards ?

I will continue to exercise my right to criticise Pearson for his inability to understand the rudiments of what it takes to be successful in the field of management.

I could not care less if some posters don't like my views. Tough titties to them.  lol

That's true but that does not mean we can't have our very own reality check and say Pearson is not the man to take us to the Premiership. I thought that is what forums are all about ?

You can think/say what you like that's what the forum is for. What I can't understand is the hatred for people who don't agree with your point of view. I know some of the haters get some stick but that's more for the constant negativity and the fact that they hijack every thread with the same constant moaning.

Maybe not but shrugging your shoulders and having no ambition is a pretty depressing attitude. As for the poxy clubs you mention four of them are in the same league as us so are we poxy by your standards ?

You have compltely missed my point. My point was that how can we call Leicester a big side worthy of the premiership and then refer to these poxy sides that are doing it. The teams I listed should surely feel that they should also be in the Premiership if it is purely based on size and stature, but they aren't there, so we're all doing something wrong?

Difference between Little and Pearson, Little had virtually no money to spend and despite that made Wembley 3 seasons out of 3 at this level and on the first 2 trips his teams were beaten by penalties awarded for diving.  Pearson has had resources beyond comprehension compared to Little and failed 4 seasons running with us and Hull City.

So for me the reality check needs to happen around Pearson, he isn't good enough for what this club is trying to achieve and anyone trying to convince themselves otherwise is going to be sadly let down next season.

Just because a team is young, it doesn't mean it's any good. A fair few of our youngsters have regressed this season, Drinkwater and Marshall to name the chief culprits.

Wood went missing for the final push, De Laet deceives people by using his pace to try and get out of the s**t when caught out positionally yet again. Only James has actually come on strong.

And will someone please explain the positives of signing Vardy, Futacs and Whitbread. Not to mention Lingaard and Kane on loan.

I think there are plus points, but certainly not enough to get me excited, sorry.

Edited to apologise for appearing to be such a grump, but that's how I see it. If you are more positive than me then good for you. Wish I could too, but casting an objective eye over things, I don't think this squad is quite as close to the finished article as a lot of people think.

Exactly just because drinkwater is young it does not mean that this permits him to play badly does it?

I actually think a lot of fans' expectations are too low. We are about to enter this club's longest period outside the top tier in its history.

At the risk of sounding arrogant, that is unacceptable. If poxy clubs like Stoke, Swansea, Hull, Norwich and until recently, Wigan can do it easily enough then why not us.

The pressure on the club and its staff to get promoted will only increase with every year we spend outside the top division, and rightly so. We shouldn't settle for mediocrity and be content with getting close but not close enough.

Any player or staff member who can't deal with that pressure should head off up to Derby, where mediocrity is positively embraced. This club however, is better than that. There is nothing wrong with ambition. We should embrace it, not use it as an excuse.r

We are no bigger a club than Norwich or stoke imo. Grounds about the same, support about the same. In fact you could argue Norwich has the potential to be a bigger club due to the catchment area. Only Ipswich fc are any where near them.

Difference between Little and Pearson, Little had virtually no money to spend and despite that made Wembley 3 seasons out of 3 at this level and on the first 2 trips his teams were beaten by penalties awarded for diving.  Pearson has had resources beyond comprehension compared to Little and failed 4 seasons running with us and Hull City.

So for me the reality check needs to happen around Pearson, he isn't good enough for what this club is trying to achieve and anyone trying to convince themselves otherwise is going to be sadly let down next season.

Resources beyond comprehension? Fair enough, it is quite incomprehensible when you consider the mess Sven left him to sweep up. 

Resources beyond comprehension? Fair enough, it is quite incomprehensible when you consider the mess Sven left him to sweep up. 

Sven didn't leave anything behind, that was the owners.  That has worked out well hasn't it?

Sven was sacked, a decision made by the owners.  The owners agreed to the salaries.  The owners were stupid enough to listen to club fools and employ a man with no track record of promotion success from the championship.

Sven was sacked, a decision made by the owners.  The owners agreed to the salaries.  The owners were stupid enough to listen to club fools and employ a man with no track record of promotion success from the championship.

I disagree, but either way the point still stands that the only thing beyond comprehension to do with Pearson's resources was the mess he has to sweep up. 

You can think/say what you like that's what the forum is for. What I can't understand is the hatred for people who don't agree with your point of view. I know some of the haters get some stick but that's more for the constant negativity and the fact that they hijack every thread with the same constant moaning.

I don't " hate" anyone for Christ sake , where have I said that ? if anything the vitriol used against anyone who criticizes Nigel Pearson is far worse getting, called a moron and a twat etc. But they don't get sin binned like me without a word of explanation do they ?

And how has having a counter point of view become twisted into a " hijack " ? but anyway it's just a forum nothing to get carried away about is it .

This is the arrogance that's costing/deluding us. Tell me a few things.

Who has got a team up from this league, that we could realistically attract?

Why do you HAVE to have experience of going up from this league? How did they get that experience in the first place?

I could totally see where you were coming from for most of that post but the last comment is nonsense and I think experience in what you've achieved in this league is completely over-rated to be honest. You can't tell me Sven had no idea of our league after the 2010/11 season.

Yeah, in hindsight Sven really was a terrible appointment, he'd never even managed in this league, let alone won promotion from it - glad we finally agree on something...

Yeah, in hindsight Sven really was a terrible appointment, he'd never even managed in this league, let alone won promotion from it - glad we finally agree on something...

Sven was a diabolical appointment.

I don't care who signed the cheques, Sven must have made them his targets.

And then didnt manage them...

Archived