Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stevelcfc

6th highest average attendance

If you take out Boro, which let's be honest isn't a fair attendance to have on our records, our average is about 300 less than last year. That's not bad considering we've only had one Saturday 3pm home game since December. 

Cov's average only just into 5 figures. Depressing. 

Indeed, the Boro figure really skews our average and doesn't paint a fair picture. Combine that with TV games and you realise we didn't do so badly over the whole season.

Yeah, in March our average for non-TV games was 23.5 k and it was 21.5 for TV games (excluding Boro). That was from the Merury site.

This is a stupid list anyway. Some numbers are those that actually turned up (like ours with the Boro game I presume) yet some are tickets sold (the Guardian recently had an article saying that according to police there hasn't been more than 70k this season despite a reported average attendance of 75k). Couple that with the fact that it's got a random selection of European teams in there make it a waste of my time. I want to see where we sit on a list of all English league clubs, or all European clubs. I don't care where we sit on a league of English league clubs with a random selection of other teams thrown in for good measure.

MUST TRY HARDER BBC

Leicester City have finished sixth in the table of highest average attendances in the Championship last season.

City's average attendance during the regular season fell by almost 1,000 from the previous season to 22,054, but that was mainly due to the number of games that were rescheduled for television coverage and the small number of fans who were able to attend the home fixture with Middlesbrough in January, when only 8,585 made it to the ground after heavy snow.

City's highest gate of the season was 25,913 for the 6-1 hammering of Huddersfield on New Year's Day.

However, City had more than 25,000 inside the King Power on four other occasions – against Brighton, Cardiff, Birmingham and the final home league game of the season, against Watford.

City's actual highest attendance of the entire season was 29,560 for the play-off semi-final first leg against Watford, but those figures are not included in the official average attendance.

Top of the table were Brighton with 26,236, up more than 6,000 on the previous campaign. Second were relegation battlers Sheffield Wednesday, who still had an average of 24,078, with a highest attendance of 31,375.

Third were Derby with 23,228, but that was nearly 3,000 down on the previous average attendance, although their highest attendance was the largest in the division with 33,010.

Fourth were Nottingham Forest with an average of 23,082, with champions Cardiff fifth on 22,998.

Relegated Wolves were just behind City with an average of 21,662, despite their doomed campaign. Peterborough had the Championship's lowest attendance of 8,215.

City had eight home games re-arranged for television live coverage during the season.

Bloody Sky

Sky hurt the attendances massively.

Not so much for the home fans, though there was an impact, but the away attendances were hammered.

The likes of Birmingham, Derby, Forest and Wolves would probably have brought significantly more at 3pm on a Saturday. The Middlesbrough debacle most likely wouldn't have happened either.

I hope we don't get so many games on Sky next season. It spoils it for everyone except those at home.

I'm not sure it's that inaccurate.

Derby and Sheffield Wednesday have always been well attended, Cardiff were always going to get good attendances while winning the league and scooping up the band wagon jumpers and the novelty of Brighton's new stadium has yet to wear off.

Forest being above us is a slight anomaly, no doubt caused in part by Sky and the Middlesbrough game, but not that much of one.

I do think we'd average 25,000 plus with a few factors on our side though; namely good matchday ticket pricing, less games on Sky and a successful season.

I'm not sure it's that inaccurate.

Derby and Sheffield Wednesday have always been well attended, Cardiff were always going to get good attendances while winning the league and scooping up the band wagon jumpers and the novelty of Brighton's new stadium has yet to wear off.

Forest being above us is a slight anomaly, no doubt caused in part by Sky and the Middlesbrough game, but not that much of one.

I do think we'd average 25,000 plus with a few factors on our side though; namely good matchday ticket pricing, less games on Sky and a successful season.

I agree generally Bilo but at least being ahead of F****t would be better

Beat by Derby and Forest :/

Derby have a fvcking dreadful away attendance though. Really bad, considering they're in the Midlands, unlike Middlesbrough who have to drive a long way for all 23 away games. 

Just shows what a big club we are and how big we could be.

The fans are there, the foundations are laid.

Now we need some hugely overdue success and watch the club soar....

This isn't delusions of grandeur, I genuinely believe it.

It's about time some manager gave this great club the success it thrives. Ten years out of the top flight is too long for LCFC. Anyone who thinks different is a wimp and should be called Shirley...

:thumbup:

Just shows what a big club we are and how big we could be.

The fans are there, the foundations are laid.

Now we need some hugely overdue success and watch the club soar....

This isn't delusions of grandeur, I genuinely believe it.

It's about time some manager gave this great club the success it thrives. Ten years out of the top flight is too long for LCFC. Anyone who thinks different is a wimp and should be called Shirley...

:thumbup:

I agree Col

Archived