Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Sky sources- Lloyd Dyer

His work rate alone is unreal. Hes an outlet. Regardless whether his final ball is poor or not, with him on the ball we're up the other end of the pitch in about 5 seconds. Not always gonna score from that, but I can bet we would score over 50%. absolute pro. deserves a shot in the Premiership with us if we get there. He scares defenders, we dont have many players like that.

He scares defenders, we dont have many players like that.

If I was a full back, Dyer is a player I'd like to play against... He always comes inside, rarely actually beats defenders and just force him into his right foot.

Yeah I like Dyer as a person, but we need better if we want to win promotion. In fact, the whole left side needs upgrading. He's to inconsistent to play in a regular promotion chasing team.

If I was a full back, Dyer is a player I'd like to play against... He always comes inside, rarely actually beats defenders and just force him into his right foot.

Nobody in the world, let alone Championship football could even think about catching Dyer once he's off. Nobody wants to play against him. 

Nobody in the world, let alone Championship football could even think about catching Dyer once he's off. Nobody wants to play against him.

I know he can do it, he's got it in his locker, but he rarely does it. That's what I never get. So many times I've seen him use the left full back then run down a blind alley going nowhere.

Lloyd is a good championship winger, if he had that final product he'd play for one of the top 4 premier teams. For that reason, he'll stay at Leicester where he loves the club and the majority of fans love him. You just have to accept his limitations.

We all know his limitations - however, his pace, directness and work rate are matched by few wide players in this league. Quite simply, we can't afford to lose a player who, on his day, is unplayable -  even when he's not on form, he always does a job off-the-ball.

I don't understand how people can accept Dyer's limitations but not Gallagher's? They are both fantastic on their day and awful on their off days, neither is great defensively

Why did people love Tommy Wright but slate Lee Philpott?

Tommy Wright was fast and direct and Philpott was slower, better technically and a more intelligent player.

Similar situation if you ask me.

I don't understand how people can accept Dyer's limitations but not Gallagher's? They are both fantastic on their day and awful on their off days, neither is great defensively

I think you'll find that Dyer always supports his full back irrespective of how things are going.

Hmmmm....if we could get a decent fee for him it would make a wholelot of sense to let him go. I'm not sure I can put up with him being a first teamer forever, it doesn't matter how it's sugar coated, he's just not a very good player. He's frustrating as hell, he can destroy teams with his pace but he doesn't do it often enough.

There's no doubt for me that there have been plenty of better wingers at this level since he's been with us, and it's annoyed me that we've stuck with him. He has a few good games every now and again but then has long spells where he does nothing besides miss sitters.

On the other hand, part of me would be sad to see him go, he's a likeable player. Weirdly even though he drives me up the wall I'm glad he's a Leicester player. If only he had as much quality as passion.

Hmmmm....if we could get a decent fee for him it would make a wholelot of sense to let him go. I'm not sure I can put up with him being a first teamer forever, it doesn't matter how it's sugar coated, he's just not a very good player. He's frustrating as hell, he can destroy teams with his pace but he doesn't do it often enough.

There's no doubt for me that there have been plenty of better wingers at this level since he's been with us, and it's annoyed me that we've stuck with him. He has a few good games every now and again but then has long spells where he does nothing besides miss sitters.

On the other hand, part of me would be sad to see him go, he's a likeable player. Weirdly even though he drives me up the wall I'm glad he's a Leicester player. If only he had as much quality as passion.

So, can you name any other wide players who can match him for pace, directness and work rate at this level? The latter attribute is not to be underestimated.

Apart from his general use of the ball I love Lloyd.

I do wish he'd just put the ball in the box sometimes when he decides to take someone on despite already being in a decent crossing position though.....

He's always positive. He's not afraid of running at defenders. When it comes together he can absolutely rip apart defences. Occassionally something like the goal against Bolton happens.

And he loves Leicester. His reaction to the goal against Bolton was just perfect. I don't care if he ends up out of the team he's still a useful player to have around and I'd imagine his determination to succeed for us must be infectious.

Any half decent defender can defend against pace.

Yeah I like Dyer as a person, but we need better if we want to win promotion. In fact, the whole left side needs upgrading. He's to inconsistent to play in a regular promotion chasing team.

Well I played full back for many years pal and Trust me I wouldn't want to mark him , he's fast, extremely direct and if you were caught out committing yourself you'd be left for dead. ....also it's simply not true that he always cuts inside

Any half decent defender can defend against pace.

If what you're saying is true (it's not) then we obviously never play against any decent defenders. Cos once Lloyd starts running you can see a team just disintegrate right in front of you. Ipswich at home this year is the best example I can think of. Dyer ran from the half way line to the penalty area quicker than their defender or goalkeeper could run about 10 yards and won us a penalty after about 5 minutes. The rest of the game their whole team, not just defence, had no idea what to do with themselves. We won 6-0, Dyer got 3 or 4 assists and a goal himself. This happens a few times a season, he wins games by himself just by being so fúcking fast. I'm a defender and there is no fúcking way I could catch him. 

Even, as already said, on an off day he'll track back. It does frustrate me when he ends up in the centre circle sometimes but anyone with half a brain cell can realise that usually comes at about the hour mark when it's clear no human could possibly continue running at such high intensity much longer and he is absolutely done in. He's still the best winger we have in this squad imo (discounting Knocky cos most don't think out wide is his natural position). 

If what you're saying is true (it's not) then we obviously never play against any decent defenders. Cos once Lloyd starts running you can see a team just disintegrate right in front of you. Ipswich at home this year is the best example I can think of. Dyer ran from the half way line to the penalty area quicker than their defender or goalkeeper could run about 10 yards and won us a penalty after about 5 minutes. The rest of the game their whole team, not just defence, had no idea what to do with themselves. We won 6-0, Dyer got 3 or 4 assists and a goal himself. This happens a few times a season, he wins games by himself just by being so fúcking fast. I'm a defender and there is no fúcking way I could catch him. 

Even, as already said, on an off day he'll track back. It does frustrate me when he ends up in the centre circle sometimes but anyone with half a brain cell can realise that usually comes at about the hour mark when it's clear no human could possibly continue running at such high intensity much longer and he is absolutely done in. He's still the best winger we have in this squad imo (discounting Knocky cos most don't think out wide is his natural position). 

Twice a season doesnt cut the mustard .....

If the bloke had an end product he would be playing Champions League football.

He is inconsistent but when on form he is key.

Before this rumour I already wanted another speedy winger as we lack pace in our side. Push Knockeart into the middle.

He probably still has a part to play for us next season so keep him.

Would be gutted to see Lloyd go.

He's been a great servant to this club and was a huge part of the reason we got out of league one at the first attempt. Also his celebration against forest was epic! :)

Leicester loves you Dyer!

Archived