Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Sky sources- Lloyd Dyer

It's not, but in this case it's just not enough. We need quality and work rate to get promoted.

Over the years I've seen better wingers like Nathan Dyer, Wayne Routledge, Scott Sinclair, Jimmy Kebe, Garath McCleary, Will Buckley, Matt Phillips, Ricardo Vaz Te etc who have all been better players at this level.

It's irrelevant if they play at a higher level now because they only play there because they helped their team to promotion or impressed at this level. These players I mention have all played for smaller clubs so it annoys me we cannot pick up players of a similar quality to replace Dyer who is poor more often than not.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. The players you've highlighted above are 'technically' better players than Dyer but, on his day, he can be as effective as any one of them at this level. I'm not saying Dyer should start every game, but it would be foolish to offload a player who has demonstrated on many occasions his ability to influence a game.

The best players play football with their brain... Pace and tricks doesn't beat the best defenders... Lucio, Cannavaro and Nesta (three of the greatest defenders in my life) were never fast defenders, but they were intelligent defenders.

Just because Dyer has pace, it doesn't mean he can beat every defender. More often than not, he doesn't.

But his comment was "any half decent defender"can defend against pace which simply isn't true.

But his comment was "any half decent defender"can defend against pace which simply isn't true.

Well it probably is considering he doesn't have as much as an influence on games as people suggest. He's looked quality against a poor Ipswich side, but I cannot think of any more games. He defines the word inconsistent, which is probably why West Brom released him, and why, at the age of the 30, his highest position in his career is 5th in the Championship with Leicester City.

The reason why Lloyd plays for Leicester rather than Arsenal is because he has limitations. If he had all the attributes he'd be off to some top 4 club for a ridiculous fee. For me, I accept he won't always deliver, but he has the ability to change a game, which as an impact player either for the first or last 30 minutes is useful to have.

The reason why Lloyd plays for Leicester rather than Arsenal is because he has limitations. If he had all the attributes he'd be off to some top 4 club for a ridiculous fee. For me, I accept he won't always deliver, but he has the ability to change a game, which as an impact player either for the first or last 30 minutes is useful to have.

But you could say that about every player in the division.

But you could say that about every player in the division.

I mean he's reached his level, others in our team have the potential to get better and play at a higher level and not be out of place. e.g. Kasper, Knockeart, James and maybe King

I'd have no problem with Lloyd staying, he gets on with it, doesn't moan and i'm sure is good to have around the camp...

Would he be first choice for me? no, would i be ok with him starting certain games? yes

I mean he's reached his level, others in our team have the potential to get better and play at a higher level and not be out of place. e.g. Kasper, Knockeart, James and maybe King

Isn't that the kind of player we should be aiming for then?

The problem with Dyer is a lot of the time he isn't even up to this level.

He's useful as a squad player, as a starter he's not good enough.

Well it probably is considering he doesn't have as much as an influence on games as people suggest. He's looked quality against a poor Ipswich side, but I cannot think of any more games. He defines the word inconsistent, which is probably why West Brom released him, and why, at the age of the 30, his highest position in his career is 5th in the Championship with Leicester City.

No it probably isn't! Read my comment again. ....I'm talking about pace/players with pace , not necessarily just Lloyd

But if you think Ipswich at home was his only good performance of the season I guess you don't get to many games

But if you think Ipswich at home was his only good performance of the season I guess you don't get to many games

He has his decent games like every player, but without looking back at a dvd, I can only recall one standout performance (Ipswich), where as I can think of two or three for other players.

And considering you brought it up, I actually went to 22 games this season (including the play offs and including 7 away games; Blackburn, Wednesday, Huddersfield, Millwall, Posh, Barnsley and Blackpool). I'm guessing I probably travel further than you as well.

He has his decent games like every player, but without looking back at a dvd, I can only recall one standout performance (Ipswich), where as I can think of two or three for other players.

And considering you brought it up, I actually went to 22 games this season (including the play offs and including 7 away games; Blackburn, Wednesday, Huddersfield, Millwall, Posh, Barnsley and Blackpool). I'm guessing I probably travel further than you as well.

The facts are that he ended the season with the most assists, so he can't have been doing that bad and he chipped in with a few important goals.

And considering you brought it up, I actually went to 22 games this season (including the play offs and including 7 away games; Blackburn, Wednesday, Huddersfield, Millwall, Posh, Barnsley and Blackpool). I'm guessing I probably travel further than you as well.

You travel further because you don't live in Leicestershire or because you think you go more away games than me ??? Because I'm not getting into a pathetic argument about who's the biggest fan etc

You travel further because you don't live in Leicestershire or because you think you go more away games than me ??? Because I'm not getting into a pathetic argument about who's the biggest fan etc

I don't want an argument, I never do, but I was replying to your post of 'I guess you don't get to many games'... We was having a nice debate about Dyer, highlighting your opinion is different to mine, which is what a forum is all about.

I don't want an argument, I never do, but I was replying to your post of 'I guess you don't get to many games'... We was having a nice debate about Dyer, highlighting your opinion is different to mine, which is what a forum is all about.[/quote

Fair enough, I wrongly assumed that because you only remembered one good performance from Lloyd that you didn't see us often!, I thought he had a very good end to the season and the Bolton and Forest games easily stood out to me

I don't necessarily disagree with you. The players you've highlighted above are 'technically' better players than Dyer but, on his day, he can be as effective as any one of them at this level. I'm not saying Dyer should start every game, but it would be foolish to offload a player who has demonstrated on many occasions his ability to influence a game.

This

We need to keep Dyer

I don't want an argument, I never do, but I was replying to your post of 'I guess you don't get to many games'... We was having a nice debate about Dyer, highlighting your opinion is different to mine, which is what a forum is all about.[/quote

Fair enough, I wrongly assumed that because you only remembered one good performance from Lloyd that you didn't see us often!, I thought he had a very good end to the season and the Bolton and Forest games easily stood out to me

one thing Foxestalk has told me is that two people can go to the same game where one thought player A was man of the match and another Player A was awful..

one thing Foxestalk has told me is that two people can go to the same game where one thought player A was man of the match and another Player A was awful..

That's football in general, not just this site! Football is a game of opinions and when you throw in the added passion it can lead to some slightly over the top views I guess

So come on...Which game do you think he was awful in? Haha

Archived