Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

• 3 weeks later...

Holloway was after SEB when he was Leicester manager.

Interestingly it was Holloway who leaked the info about SEB having a £1.5m release clause in his contract to Mick McCarthy when they were both at Plymouth. That's how we got him.

He broke his leg in three places apparently so I'd imagine he'll take a while to get properly fit. Also he stopped being anything near mobile for us last season. That's not his game, he's a penalty box poacher, but his effort had mostly gone compared to the season we were promoted. Though possibly a few seasons of being mostly overlooked in te Prem affected him too. Maybe a change of club would reinvigorate him?

Nugent's is'nt gonna go. He is on a decent wage I would of thought however from the crop that Sven did sign him, Kasp and Konch in my opinion are the only one's of which add depth and that bit of quality to what he signed thus being why they were the only ones left in the side come the new Pearson era.

Interestingly it was Holloway who leaked the info about SEB having a £1.5m release clause in his contract to Mick McCarthy when they were both at Plymouth. That's how we got him.

He broke his leg in three places apparently so I'd imagine he'll take a while to get properly fit. Also he stopped being anything near mobile for us last season. That's not his game, he's a penalty box poacher, but his effort had mostly gone compared to the season we were promoted. Though possibly a few seasons of being mostly overlooked in te Prem affected him too. Maybe a change of club would reinvigorate him?

Holloway managed to be an incompetent idiot in so many ways.  It was like having David Brent as manager.

I've always liked SEB and I think a change of location would probably do many of the Wolves players good.  Likewise, as a unit, they have failed magnificently in recent seasons,  so personally I think splitting the group up and starting to build from the bottom can only be a good thing for Wolves.  I bet Karl Henry will do well elsewhere too, he was highly rated at Wolves (I believe) not so long ago.

I got to see a Wolves home game last year.  It was around Christmas against Ipswich.  I don't mean to cause offense, but Wolves looked totally clueless and the only ray of light was SEB.  He came on as a sub I think?  DJ Campbell scored too, to make it a truly miserable afternoon for my stepson, who supports Wolves and had got me a cheap ticket.  

There's a bit of friendly* rivalry between us and we tend to know each other's teams quite well, so DJ scoring added insult to injury.

Anyways, good luck next season.

* Read friendly as unfriendly !!

Don't need him, wood and nugent will score bags of goals if we get rid of drinks and get a tough ball winning midfielder in, that would in turn allow king into a forward role so our strikers don't have to spend half the game retrieving the ball-simple!

I got to see a Wolves home game last year.  It was around Christmas against Ipswich.  I don't mean to cause offense, but Wolves looked totally clueless and the only ray of light was SEB.  He came on as a sub I think?  DJ Campbell scored too, to make it a truly miserable afternoon for my stepson, who supports Wolves and had got me a cheap ticket.  

There's a bit of friendly* rivalry between us and we tend to know each other's teams quite well, so DJ scoring added insult to injury.

Anyways, good luck next season.

* Read friendly as unfriendly !!

Cheers. We looked clueless because we were. Defensively shocking for about 3 seasons now, and no-one seemed up for it at all last season. Sako carried us when he was fit, aided by SEB's goals.

Archived