Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ian the fox

A failed squad

But we don't know what the owners expected, if they expected promotion then we failed.

absolutely they did  , its going to be harder next season , we need at least 5 players , many of last years first team could still make the bench

King , Nugent , James would be worthy bench warmers

I don't think we underachieved or failed i think our fans want far too much, since being relegated this is the second closest we have come to the prem and yet our fans act as if we have finished just off the relegation zone. Yes, we have spent a lot of money but so have other clubs and I think that the fans need to get it out their heads that Leicester has the divine right to go up and remember only 3 clubs can go up every so just enjoy the football, be optimistic and be thankful we have this opportunity which other teams would die for!

absolutely they did  , its going to be harder next season , we need at least 5 players , many of last years first team could still make the bench

King , Nugent , James would be worthy bench warmers

James a bench warmer? Did you watch the latter part of last season? 

Hard as it might be we all need to remember that last seasons squad ultimatley "failed to be promoted"

For many fans on here every player at Lcfc is a world beater .......

The fact that we already have a small squad & 6 - 7 are being released  many

others like King , Dyer & Konch look like they are surplus at the right price ......

Its obvious next years starting eleven will be almost  completely different to last .....

So lets all relax & see who we sign .....cos Morgan Knocky & Kasper De leat  aside the rest are pretty shite .....

Matty James? He certainly isn't shite. I thought De Laet was shite tbh...

What with the stars?

I think he's just learning to use a keyboard. Give him a year and he'll be back posting some well crafted bollocks.

I don't think we underachieved or failed i think our fans want far too much, since being relegated this is the second closest we have come to the prem and yet our fans act as if we have finished just off the relegation zone. Yes, we have spent a lot of money but so have other clubs and I think that the fans need to get it out their heads that Leicester has the divine right to go up and remember only 3 clubs can go up every so just enjoy the football, be optimistic and be thankful we have this opportunity which other teams would die for!

Seriously, we didn't underachieve of fail? I would love some of those rose tinted specs you have:

1. We set our target for promotion - so we failed.

2. We spent money on new personnel

3. We had the second highest wage bill in the league

4. We were one of the favourites for promotion

5. We failed to get the deadwood (and reputedly high earners) off the pay roll

6. We slupmed to one of our worst runs in the club's history

7. We dropped from second to just scraping through to the playoffs

8. We cannot afford to get rid of the current manager (believe me the Thai's would have if it were financially possible)

9. We are having to finally cut our cloth to meet the FFP - which is affecting our transfer activity

Poor management of our club over the last two years has meant that what should have been a new dawn at the club has, so far, resulted in us being the leagues biggest under achievers. If I was Whelen, Capper, or Neville I would be crapping my pants as the mismanagement of our club since the Thais took over has been nothing short of woeful, and whilst I thank the Thais for saving us it is plainly apparent that there has been a huge amount of commercial naivety. I only hope they have learnt some lessons.

In others words , you cant argue so you talk a load of bollocks , 

lol Ironic

... Since Dickov, we've always said we needed a striker who can score 15+. Nugent did that this season. The partnership of James and King looked very good when they settled together, while Morgan and Kasper were voted in the team of the year.

I agree the likes of Konchesky and Dyer aren't good enough but I don't agree the team will be the same. Today is 10th June, not 10th August. We will bring players in, but I'd rather NP take his time, look deep into players and fees before signing them. Last thing we need is a manager who jumps into transfers regardless, we had that once, under Sven.

truth hurts they say ,

As Bert said, you haven't spoken a word of truth in all the posts I've seen from you.

There's a reason everyone who's posted in this thread has disagreed with what you've said and nobody has agreed.

You're getting a bit boring now mate, you sure you're a Leicester fan?

As Bert said, you haven't spoken a word of truth in all the posts I've seen from you.

There's a reason everyone who's posted in this thread has disagreed with what you've said and nobody has agreed.

You're getting a bit boring now mate, you sure you're a Leicester fan?

He is a fan, just a really thick one. Kind of in the mould of, 'Whats happened to Maxi Gradel?'

Hard as it might be we all need to remember that last seasons squad ultimatley "failed to be promoted"

For many fans on here every player at Lcfc is a world beater .......

The fact that we already have a small squad & 6 - 7 are being released  many

others like King , Dyer & Konch look like they are surplus at the right price ......

Its obvious next years starting eleven will be almost  completely different to last .....

So lets all relax & see who we sign .....cos Morgan Knocky & Kasper De leat  aside the rest are pretty shite .....

Nugent's one goal in half a season doesnt get me too  excited tbh

Good use of the underline feature!  :thumbup:

Too bad it doesn't really make your points any stronger..

Seriously, we didn't underachieve of fail? I would love some of those rose tinted specs you have:

1. We set our target for promotion - so we failed.

2. We spent money on new personnel

3. We had the second highest wage bill in the league

4. We were one of the favourites for promotion

5. We failed to get the deadwood (and reputedly high earners) off the pay roll

6. We slupmed to one of our worst runs in the club's history

7. We dropped from second to just scraping through to the playoffs

8. We cannot afford to get rid of the current manager (believe me the Thai's would have if it were financially possible)

9. We are having to finally cut our cloth to meet the FFP - which is affecting our transfer activity

Poor management of our club over the last two years has meant that what should have been a new dawn at the club has, so far, resulted in us being the leagues biggest under achievers. If I was Whelen, Capper, or Neville I would be crapping my pants as the mismanagement of our club since the Thais took over has been nothing short of woeful, and whilst I thank the Thais for saving us it is plainly apparent that there has been a huge amount of commercial naivety. I only hope they have learnt some lessons.

I agree with much of that but there are some parts I just have to question.

Points six and seven aren't particularly relevant I feel, too many fans seem to think that coming up to finish 6th is better than coming down. While one is more enjoyable they'ew really just the same thing - the final outcome is all that matters. Also, how do you know we'd sack the manager if we could afford to? I don't believe that's reliable at all.

And yes we are being affected by FFP but lets not be naive and think it's just us, other clubs will be similarly impacted by it. And you say it's affecting transfer activity, while you're correct that we haven't done anything yet so have a large number of other clubs - we're in much the same position as them.

Having said that, yes we did fail last season and clearly there has to be improvements. But specifically that word 'improvements' not the huge changes that some people want, it does not require a massive overhaul to move us from 6th to 2nd.

Ultimately if we had gone up through the playoffs the consensus would be about what a glorious squad we have. The fact is is that it was complete bad luck that  stopped us going through to the playoff final. The idea that only three players are good enough is completely ridiculous. The mentality of changing the squad around is why our promotion push has faltered and we are paying crazy money to shitties.Frankly if we are going to get promoted then we need to stop this stupid expectation and try and support the team.

Also wood might get in the team? People were saying he was the best buy of the transfer window not too long ago!

Archived