Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ian the fox

A failed squad

Hard as it might be we all need to remember that last seasons squad ultimatley "failed to be promoted"

For many fans on here every player at Lcfc is a world beater .......

The fact that we already have a small squad & 6 - 7 are being released  many

others like King , Dyer & Konch look like they are surplus at the right price ......

Its obvious next years starting eleven will be almost  completely different to last .....

So lets all relax & see who we sign .....cos Morgan Knocky & Kasper De leat  aside the rest are pretty shite .....

Hard as it might be we all need to remember that last seasons squad ultimatley "failed to be promoted"

The fact that we already have a small squad & 6 - 7 are being released

Many others like King , Dyer & Konch look like they are surplus at the right price ......

Its obvious next years starting eleven will be almost  completely different to last .....

So lets all relax & see who we sign .....cos Morgan Knocky & Kasper De leat  aside the rest are pretty shite .....

Think James, Nugent and Wood are more than adequate at this level

others like King , Dyer & Konch look like they are surplus at the right price ......

You've got one of those avatars that looks like something else until you actually look at it properly. When I just glance it looks like some sort of pudding.

You've got one of those avatars that looks like something else until you actually look at it properly. When I just glance it looks like some sort of pudding.

In others words , you cant argue so you talk a load of bollocks , 

Will it???

the only changes I can see happening are Kasper (if the right bid comes in) and a new CB.

Pearson wont get rid of dyer, and dyer wont want to leave.

He wouldn't get rid rid of King, and again I dont think he would want to leave (unless its for the premiership)

No one would be stupid enough to go in for Konch with his wages.

And i seriously doubt there will be many other changes in the starting 11.

Any idiot can see it was transitional with a job half done from a playing staff point of view.

There's players drawing a fortune in wages that need to be moved on (Konch, Wellens, Beckford, Danns, SSL, Gally etc), thanks to their pay deals it will be difficult but they need to go to free up the capital to replace them with players who will contribute to any future success.

If we can add to the squad with the wages saved from getting rid of overrated, non-contributors then we'll be very placed to build on playoff position - However if we can't we'll no doubt be scrabbling around 6th again

Nugent's one goal in half a season doesnt get me too  excited tbh

Even though it was more than one? because he scored more than 1 in 23 in both halves of the season. But yeah, lets forget his good half eh.

This is the sort of thread that typifies some fans mentality over recent years - that because we are leicester city our squad HAS to be amazing throughout.

The fact that we are in the championship not champions league would've sufficed , instead of this thread, why we would have players that aren't wanted or not upto standard (you put sh1te)

Yeah the squad failed to get promoted but other than saying 'some of our players aren't good enough', I don't really see what your point is to be honest my friend!????

Bore off mate! Have you not got anything better to do with your time?

"For many fans on here every player at Lcfc is a world beater" No.

"Its obvious next years starting eleven will be almost  completely different to last" Really? What gave you that impression?

"cos Morgan Knocky & Kasper De leat  aside the rest are pretty shite" Must have fluked 6th then, should be about 17th I take it?

Why bother coming out with stuff that's just plain wrong? You've got criticisms of the squad, fine, but to exaggerate them into some over blown story about how we're no where near good enough and needing to sell the whole squad? Please.  :thumbdown:

I agree that we failed but there's a difference between marginally failing and the disastrous failure that you're suggesting took place.

This definitely needed its own thread. Good work

But the statement, failed to be promoted, was in quotation marks, bold, underlined, italics. It must have been important!

I agree that we failed but there's a difference between marginally failing and the disastrous failure that you're suggesting took place.

Depends upon what we failed to achieve though. If you think we failed to achieve the play-off final then we just failed.

If you think we should have made automatic promotion then we failed disasterously.

Depends upon what we failed to achieve though. If you think we failed to achieve the play-off final then we just failed.

If you think we should have made automatic promotion then we failed disasterously.

Promotion is promotion, it doesn't matter how it's achieved. A win in the PO final is equivalent to 2nd place therefore we just failed.

Even so I wouldn't say four places off 2nd is awful. We certainly wouldn't want to do something moronic like ship out 80% of the squad as the OP was suggesting.

Archived