Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

What a poor summer so far

What a silly thing to say. It maybe only June but lots of other clubs are and have done business already. Bolton, Reading even Derby to name a few. We have done naff all not even decent bloody rumours. Believe me its going to be a long long season. We can't even get rid of the dead wood.

No, it's not a particularly silly thing to say, the bulk of transfers for all clubs happen well into the summer, which is the way it's always been. Bolton and Reading have cash to throw around and they can afford to go out and make signings, we've got to wait for clubs to take players off our hands before we can make significant signings. We can't force clubs to buy them off us, it takes time. Plus, you've got absolutely no idea what's going on behinde the scenes with regards to negotiating with players at the minute anyway.  

It might boring for the fan, but I much prefer having a manager and a board that go quietly about their business and get things done without a big fanfare.

No, it's not a particularly silly thing to say, the bulk of transfers for all clubs happen well into the summer, which is the way it's always been. Bolton and Reading have cash to throw around and they can afford to go out and make signings, we've got to wait for clubs to take players off our hands before we can make significant signings. We can't force clubs to buy them off us, it takes time. Plus, you've got absolutely no idea what's going on behinde the scenes with regards to negotiating with players at the minute anyway.  

It might boring for the fan, but I much prefer having a manager and a board that go quietly about their business and get things done without a big fanfare.

I'd prefer to identify targets and get them signed.

If we need to sell a few surplus players to balance the books surely if that comes after the purchases it will still even out?

The silence is deafening, and scary.

If we need to sell a few surplus players to balance the books surely if that comes after the purchases it will still even out?

I take it you're not a businessman?

I take it you're not a businessman?

Actually I am.

And during a financial year as long as you get where you need to be by the end of it in what order business is done is irreverent, unless you are skint!?

Actually I am.

And during a financial year as long as you get where you need to be by the end of it in what order business is done is irreverent, unless you are skint!?

If we went out and signed players, that would then create a specific amount we would need to generate in getting rid of the shitmunchers. We then wouldn't be able to raise that amount, because other clubs would know we are even more desperate to get rid of them, so would just hold us over a barrel over the fees even more than they were going to anyway. Besides, its wages that are the problem for potential suitors, not desire to purchase or raising the transfer fees (seeing as they're only going to need a few hundred k anyway).

To put it into perspective, from that BBC transfer list, there have been 6 signings to Championship clubs so far this month.... 6. Can we quit the scaremongering now and put a fresh pair of pants on.

Dale Jennings [bayern Munich - Barnsley] £250,000

Alex Cisak [Oldham - Burnley] Free

Johnny Russell [Dundee United - Derby] £750,000

Matt Smith [Oldham - Leeds] Free

Jay Tabb [Reading - Ipswich] Free

Mark Gower [swansea - Charlton] Free

If we went out and signed players, that would then create a specific amount we would need to generate in getting rid of the shitmunchers. We then wouldn't be able to raise that amount, because other clubs would know we are even more desperate to get rid of them, so would just hold us over a barrel over the fees even more than they were going to anyway. Besides, its wages that are the problem for potential suitors, not desire to purchase or raising the transfer fees (seeing as they're only going to need a few hundred k anyway).

Exactly.

And that's why I am worried. The 'Shitmunchers' as you call them are all overpaid, meaning the chances of offloading them slim to none unless we chip in some way.

Meaning there's nothing stopping us getting on and signing our targets, unless the owners are fed up with spending. Albeit money that is loaned to the club at an 8% return.

Maybe they see their position as overexposed?

We should lay siege to the KP and demand answers, the new kit design and the severed head of Jermaine Beckford. Anyone got any cannon and/or family members of the staff to hold ransom? 

I'm in.

However I think we should make another demand about Nigel and those boats he loves wearing!?

And what if it doesn't come? What if we sign three players on the hope that we might be able to shift some of the deadwood? If no-one then signs those players, we're ****ed. It's a completely shortsighted view to say 'oh let's just buy the players now, we'll be able to sell this lot later'. 

Everyone knows Pearson likes to get his business done early, so that lends even more proof to the notion that we have to sell before we can buy. Also, if we're negotiating with out of contract players, sometimes the deals aren't announced until their contract ends... some out of contract players don't even start negotiations with other clubs until their contracts have ended. 

There could be any number of reasons why we haven't signed or haven't announced any signings yet, and you getting your knickers in a twist and suggesting we put the club at further financial risk by signing players before we have the funds is ridiculous.

Have a bit of patience, the club will get the players they want and it'll take as long as it takes.

And what if it doesn't come? What if we sign three players on the hope that we might be able to shift some of the deadwood? If no-one then signs those players, we're ****ed. It's a completely shortsighted view to say 'oh let's just buy the players now, we'll be able to sell this lot later'. 

Everyone knows Pearson likes to get his business done early, so that lends even more proof to the notion that we have to sell before we can buy. Also, if we're negotiating with out of contract players, sometimes the deals aren't announced until their contract ends... some out of contract players don't even start negotiations with other clubs until their contracts have ended. 

There could be any number of reasons why we haven't signed or haven't announced any signings yet, and you getting your knickers in a twist and suggesting we put the club at further financial risk by signing players before we have the funds is ridiculous.

Have a bit of patience, the club will get the players they want and it'll take as long as it takes.

I don't agree.

Early preparation for the season is key with the players likely to feature regularly in the side being on board from the start of pre-season.

We need to offload those players, either way. And we don't need / want dissenting negative voices in the camp.

All be it I agree it's not going to be easy.

Wouldn't it be nice if we just said 'Sod FFP, we're too massive for that, we'll take our chances with the transfer embargo' and went out, paid off all the shitmunchers, splashed out on Vydra, Abdi, James Chester, whoever Brighton, Forest, Bolton, Wigan and Reading's best players are and manufactured our own kit made of genuine fox hair with gold-plated thread trim and gave it a retro collar.

Please become Chairman!

Actually I am.

not much of a business man then eh ? transfers don't happen all year do they ? only for short periods , we can only act when told cant we , we're restricted for most of the season, if you'd forgot ? taxman must love you ! 

not much of a business man then eh ? transfers don't happen all year do they ? only for short periods , we can only act when told cant we , we're restricted for most of the season, if you'd forgot ? taxman must love you ! 

Doesn't seem to be taking into account the fact you'd be paying out two lots of wages whilst you are sat waiting to (maybe) get rid of them.

IF a player is under contract to another club yes, it not no.

And even if they are it is perfectly legal to announce and deal and complete it on paperwork that comes into legality when the window opens, as other clubs have done already in several instances.

Doesn't seem to be taking into account the fact you'd be paying out two lots of wages whilst you are sat waiting to (maybe) get rid of them.

So you think Beckford, Gallagher, Wellens, Danns etc will still be with us come the first game of the season?

Archived