Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Good News thread, local jobs, economy etc

I know people that work with service users. I have seen reports of where cuts have been made, centres and facilities closed. The Douglas Bader home is under threat. It was refurbished but the date for re-opening was not announced so the media was told it was not needed,

The information regarding cuts is available but would have to be searched for as council leaders are not too keen on telling the public everything.

How do you know that?  What evidence is there of these cuts?  Are councils failing in there duty of care?  If so they should be utterly ashamed of themselves, as frankly these along with children services should be the last thing to be cut. 

See the Birmingham City Council's childrens department, and the recent social care items in the news.

This has to be good news. Lots of help and advice with jobs groups highlighting what the have done for the community and the first ever world media day with contacts with people across the globe. I cannot see how anyone can say it is a bad thing.

But I know a man who will :)

http://citizenseye.org/2013/09/15/community-media-week-programme/

How long before we see this then....

Did some volunteering at the welfare news centre today, most talk was about the cuts.

A lot of people I'm told are going to be homeless, I heard someone went in for their benefits on Tuesday and came out having been sent to jail, not sure if it's true as I wasn't there but there was certainly a lot of commotion.

I've written a book on it and the impact it has, I hope one day some of the mail readers on here don't end up going to jail for trying to claim benefits.

It's not really a book, more of a newsletter, anyway if anyone wants to buy it here's a link below.

http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden-power-tools/lawnmowers/electric_hover_lawnmowers/Flymo-Glider-350-Electric-Hover-Collect-Lawnmower-10787587?ecamp=SEAPLA11278295&ef_id=UJMgtQAAHWxzoAhA:20131015215543:s&noCookies=false

Action Homeless along with other groups are running course on tenancy training where advisers give advice on money management how to find the best deals when furnishing your home and budgeting. I along with others have been asked to sit in the course. I am not sure about giving advice but it will be valuable information to have and maybe pass on.

If it helps people then it can't be a bad thing.

Action Homeless along with other groups are running course on tenancy training where advisers give advice on money management how to find the best deals when furnishing your home and budgeting. I along with others have been asked to sit in the course. I am not sure about giving advice but it will be valuable information to have and maybe pass on.

If it helps people then it can't be a bad thing.

That's actually a good idea. No need for anyone to be homeless in this country. Free house and spending money is permanently on offer thanks to the tax payer. So round up all the homeless and teach them how to take a bite of that carrot cake. Get a buzz out of doing something ever so altruistic while you're at it.

Problems:

1) homeless people won't turn up. If they had any real interest in not being homeless, they wouldn't be homeless in the first place

2) It's not on bumya mamma radio?

Money management for homeless people? I'd have thought not spending it all on strong lager would be a good start. Maybe lose the dog?[/quote

Not just homeles people.if you had read the post I said low income families and those moving from hostels :-) would you rat hey they die than be helped?

You disagree then? You think homeless people should fritter away what money they have on booze and force animals they can't afford

To keep or look after properly to suffer too?

Seems to me like I am all heart compared to you!

Yes.

Most ( if not all) the dogs I see look very healthy compared to the pampered over fed and over bred pooches that are worn as accessories by many other groups.

. If a person is homeless then they probably have very few friends either . Would you deprive a person in the most awful of situations even this little piece of companionship.

Don't believe for one minute that you or I or anyone else can't become a victim given the right circumstances.

If you believe " they all bring it on themselves" then there's probably nothing I or anyone else can say to convince you otherwise.

Only life's experience will gradually teach you how fragile your security really is. :thumbup:  

We have gone over this many times. If I could be bothered, id post pictures of emaciated dogs from around Maidstone. I can't be bothered to walk round and take the pics though.

I wouldn't be homeless since even if I lost everything, I'd have interest in my well being and I don't see how anyone in Maidstone couldn't be housed if they really wanted to.

We have gone over this many times. If I could be bothered, id post pictures of emaciated dogs from around Maidstone. I can't be bothered to walk round and take the pics though.

I wouldn't be homeless since even if I lost everything, I'd have interest in my well being and I don't see how anyone in Maidstone couldn't be housed if they really wanted to.

just because you "can't see how" doesn't mean it can't happen.

I can't see how a lot of things happen , but they do , 

Spend a few nights sleeping out rough and see if it's something anyone would either choose or want  to do. 

• Like 1

The average life expectancy for someone living on the street is 42.

In Leicester there is a no second night out policy which means you should not see the same person sleeping rough.

But this won't be believed of course.

The scheme has also been running in London. This winter will see more becoming homeless with rising fuel bills, cuts in wages and hours.

There are many who have said they would not let a crisis affect them.

Is someone who has suffered domestic violenceto blame for 'bringing it on themselves'?

How about a child that has suffered abuse, bullied at school then moved from care home to care home?

Or somebody that has suffered bereavement, redundancy or someone who has been invalided from the forces and has nowhere to go? There are many reasons why somebody becomes homeless and choice is rarely one of them.

Also homeless does not have to mean being on the street It can be somebody sleeping on friends sofas in a temporary hostel and various other reasons.It only takes a little research to find figures.

Edited by Rincewind

Still not going to answer the point though that no one needs to be homeless?.

You only have to fill out a few forms and accomodation is provided for anyone, no one who is genuinely homeless is turned away by the authorities.

Edited by MattP