Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Good News thread, local jobs, economy etc

Was the economist announced as a tory stooge? Post the link for us please so we can all judge.

As for posting facts, give it a try and we'll see.

He works for a Tory economic policy think tank. I've already given you a link directly, you chose to ignore it.

Here you go - you'll enjoy his website, it's perfectly ideal for this charade of thread.

Edited by sphericalfox

He works for a Tory economic policy think tank. I've already given you a link directly, you chose to ignore it.

Here you go - you'll enjoy his website, it's perfectly ideal for this charade of thread.

That's not his website. Your comments about objectivity and facts would be taken more seriously if you actually presented some instead of telling obvious lies.

That's not his website. Your comments about objectivity and facts would be taken more seriously if you actually presented some instead of telling obvious lies.

Glad you didn't get the joke. He works for the Institute of Economic Affairs, which sounds like a laudable organisation, but strangely enough whilst claiming to be non-affiliated, supports conservative economics, and given the bios for a great deal of his colleagues, and his own background, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out the objectivity to this lads work.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Institute_of_Economic_Affairs

Sozza for linking it back to Thatcher... :thumbup:

Edited by sphericalfox

Yeah ignore that link.  :rolleyes:

Here you go!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04xg9kc

Thank you for that, for anyone interested it starts around 35 minutes.

The "Tory Stooge" has announced as the Head of Policy at The Institute of Economics Affairs. What did you expect me to do, rush home and google his name? Even if he is on the right that doesn't mean he's lying.

Do you have some sort of Daily Mail app, that you put in key words and it delivers you a diatribe? Seriously if you haven't then you need to get on it! You could make a fortune! ;) That was wonderful stuff.

You do know the definition of inequality don't you? Have you EVER thought to yourself in big society that you are unequal. I very much doubt it. I love the gang violence had large clashes which turned into mini riots. Secret riots that no one heard of outside the locality. Gangs have scraps shocker!

The protests that occurred after Mark Duggan got shot, and the police bungled the evidence, and made a balls of how the managed the situation was a touch paper to the feeling within the community of oppression, inequality, and targeting of young black males in that community. Just like riots that have occurred over the years both in the States and in London/Bristol etc. They didn't start out with kicking in the local shops and robbing the place. When the protests were infiltrated by, as you described individuals looking for a scrap with the police after years of the aforementioned targeting and oppression they felt this was an opportunity not to be missed. When the police decided to move back and keep a perimeter the dickhead minority, and make that very clear, a small minority of the original protestors decided that they could loot, and destroy buildings, cars etc, in the absence of police.

Opportunists that both came to loot and have a ruck came from far and wide across London. Further to this, as you mentioned social media enabled a minority of individuals who decided that they could get away with it too across the country.

I think if you look at the demographic of individuals looting and rucking they come from poor, uneducated backgrounds, in communities where there is a feeling of no hope, where they are chastised and ridiculed in the media for being uneducated and poor. Mocked and lampooned. If you think they are fair game that's up to you, but in my view they are the treated with inequality. I'm not justifying their actions. Being poor and uneducated is not an excuse for lawlessness. But the underlying anger amongst the disenfranchised and poor is down to inequality. Look at the true underlying cause of riots for the last 100 years and tell me that they were all due to greed and selfishness.

Do I need to even go into the Thatcherite disenfranchisement of generations of black kids in London and elsewhere in the 80's. If you really want to keep blinders on, and genuinely never criticise your chosen party, or previous governments then this conversation is a pointless one, as you either don't want to hear it, don't want to believe it, or simply are not going to, as you think it'll wind someone up.

Blimey even for someone passionate about politics that was a tough read, felt like it took 30 minutes.

I'll ignore the childish Daily Mail stuff as usual, but let's be honest this whole post is just a littany of excuses yet again for some communities to try and excuse some pretty abhorrent behaviour, it's been done to death and I'm not bothering with it again, it was looting, simple as that, I don't believe 1% of those people seriously were thinking about inequality for doing this, blaming on that would be just as bad as trying to blame football violence or Saturday night town centre scrapping down to reasoning of government. Your blame game is insulting to the vast majority of working class people who know how to behave and wouldn't dream of engaging in acts such as this.

All it ever seems to be with people like you is excuse after excuse after excuse and times it ten fold if the Tories are in charge at the time, it's a parents job to raise children to be decent respectable members of society, not the governments.

Glad you mentioned the Tories and Thatcher, you know what they did with a working class boy from Brixton? He was called John and they made him Prime Minister.

Edited by MattP

What's your point?

There's no possible way that he might be biased, given that the business he works for has been a blatant think-tank for the Tories going back over decades, that he might be holding the government line, and be the voice of some sort of  intellectual collegiate sounding bollox machine for the Conservatives? Yeah, sure there's not even the slightest chance he might be stretching the truth, or lying. Webbo you're not a moron. If it was left wing think-tank, I know exactly what your reply would be.

Cameron with some real Conservative policy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-vows-to-slash-benefits-cap-to-23000-and-remove-housing-benefits-for-under-21s-within-first-week-of-general-election-win-10004709.html

David Cameron has vowed to reduce the annual benefits cap from £26,000 to £23,000 “within the first few days” of a Conservative victory in the general election.

The Prime Minister said the £135 million in savings generated by this further squeeze for benefit claimants would be used towards funding three million apprenticeships by 2020, a scheme expected to cost £300 million annually.

The maximum loss - on top of the effects of the existing cap - would be £60 a week to households, with an average weekly loss of around £40 or £25 for those newly capped.

Another £120 million would be derived from removing housing benefit from 18 to 21 year olds on Jobseekers' Allowance.

Hugely popular with the public, fair to all and yet again showing which party is the one of the worker and which one is the one of the shirker.

There's no possible way that he might be biased, given that the business he works for has been a blatant think-tank for the Tories going back over decades, that he might be holding the government line, and be the voice of some sort of intellectual collegiate sounding bollox machine for the Conservatives? Yeah, sure there's not even the slightest chance he might be stretching the truth, or lying. Webbo you're not a moron. If it was left wing think-tank, I know exactly what your reply would be.

He's a Cambridge educated economist who appears to support "right wing economics". If that makes him a liar then what of Jacques Peretti, the presenter of the BBC show you appear to have taken as The Truth, who is a guardian journalist whose previous work includes articles such as 'Modern Warfare 2: it's all very well, but give me indie gaming', 'pathetic phalluses' and perhaps his most important work to date, 'Secrets of the Corrie queen' an in depth article about Coronation Street's Pat Phoenix. This is the man you want teaching economics in schools?

There's no possible way that he might be biased, given that the business he works for has been a blatant think-tank for the Tories going back over decades, that he might be holding the government line, and be the voice of some sort of  intellectual collegiate sounding bollox machine for the Conservatives? Yeah, sure there's not even the slightest chance he might be stretching the truth, or lying. Webbo you're not a moron. If it was left wing think-tank, I know exactly what your reply would be.

Just because he's biased doesn't mean he's wrong.

He's a Cambridge educated economist who appears to support "right wing economics". If that makes him a liar then what of Jacques Peretti, the presenter of the BBC show you appear to have taken as The Truth, who is a guardian journalist whose previous work includes articles such as 'Modern Warfare 2: it's all very well, but give me indie gaming', 'pathetic phalluses' and perhaps his most important work to date, 'Secrets of the Corrie queen' an in depth article about Coronation Street's Pat Phoenix. This is the man you want teaching economics in schools?

lol lol

Says the educated internet troll.  lol

Just because he's biased doesn't mean I'm wrong.

fixed it for you!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Says the educated internet troll.  lol

fixed it for you!  :thumbup:

lol

Everytime you get involved in a debate on here you do this, someone comes along making your viewpoint or something you have said look a bit daft and you accuse them of beingh a troll, it's pathetic.

It's like your own weird version of Godwin's Law.

Yawn, more pathetic, petty insults.

When's Alf coming back? We need some adult lefties back on here (I'm not counting leicsmac as I'm pretty sure he's a closet tory).

I spoke to him on Facebook last week and he said he'll be along in plenty of time for the election and I agree, it can't come quick enough.

lol

Everytime you get involved in a debate on here you do this, someone comes along making your viewpoint or something you have said look a bit daft and you accuse them of beingh a troll, it's pathetic.

It's like your own weird version of Godwin's Law.

I spoke to him on Facebook last week and he said he'll be along in plenty of time for the election and I agree, it can't come quick enough.

That's incorrect. Moosey is a self-confessed troll, and an educated one at that. That's the pathetic fact, therefore it simply can't be an insult. I will admit to referring to yourself as a troll also in the past, but not in response to a debate where for some reason you feel that you've made me look daft. I can't recall you doing that once, yet you seemingly have forgotten how you've admitted to this too. I haven't called anyone else a troll in a very long time. You two are the resident trolls, and this is your pissing thread, I get that. 

That's incorrect. Moosey is a self-confessed troll, and an educated one at that. That's the pathetic fact, therefore it simply can't be an insult. I will admit to referring to yourself as a troll also in the past, but not in response to a debate where for some reason you feel that you've made me look daft. I can't recall you doing that once, yet you seemingly have forgotten how you've admitted to this too. I haven't called anyone else a troll in a very long time. You two are the resident trolls, and this is your pissing thread, I get that.

Trolling and Anonymity go hand in hand, so how I'm a resident troll I have no idea, you on the other hand seem to use complete anonymity from everything on here to your Twitter account. I'm not the one hiding.

It's this sort of pathetic response as to why everyone takes the piss out of you instead of treating you with the respect that Buce, Alf, Leicsmac, the Captain and even Rincewind to an extent get when discussing things.

Trolling and Anonymity go hand in hand, so how I'm a resident troll I have no idea, you on the other hand seem to use complete anonymity from everything on here to your Twitter account. I'm not the one hiding.

It's this sort of pathetic response as to why everyone takes the piss out of you instead of treating you with the respect that Buce, Alf, Leicsmac, the Captain and even Rincewind to an extent get when discussing things.

No they don't. You post inflammatory remarks in the hope that you'll get a bite on a regular basis. That is trolling, I couldn't give two ****s that you don't know who I am. Who's everyone that you are the mouthpiece for? I certainly don't need or want respect from you or anyone else for that matter. I continue to post the way I wish, and you and Moosey will do the same. Pissing grounds and forum hyenas. Keep up the good work!  :thumbup:

I don't think Matt's a troll, tbf. We don't often agree, but I've always felt his posts are a genuine expression of what he believes. I can respect that.

• Like 2

No they don't. You post inflammatory remarks in the hope that you'll get a bite on a regular basis. That is trolling, I couldn't give two ****s that you don't know who I am. Who's everyone that you are the mouthpiece for? I certainly don't need or want respect from you or anyone else for that matter. I continue to post the way I wish, and you and Moosey will do the same. Pissing grounds and forum hyenas. Keep up the good work!  :thumbup:

It's painful to watch someone believe they know so much about everyone and everything when the reality is they know so little. I'm surprised you've ventured back into General Chat to be honest after all this time, don't think anyone has forgotton the ridiculous predictions you and Daggers were making every week in around 2011/12 about the current Conservative government, forthcoming triple dip recessions, how growth couldn't be achieved with austerity etc etc

It's going to be hard to be taken seriously when you've already ran away once after being proved entirely wrong on virtually every prophesy you made.

I don't think Matt's a troll, tbf. We don't often agree, but I've always felt his posts are a genuine expression of what he believes. I can respect that.

Cheers.