Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Good News thread, local jobs, economy etc

UK unemployment falls to 1.9 million

The number of people out of work in the UK fell by 58,000 to 1.91 million, its lowest level for more than six years, in the three months to November, official figures indicate.

The unemployment rate now stands at 5.8% of the adult working population, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said.

In total, there are now 30.8 million people in work.

The ONS said wage growth had also continued to outpace inflation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30913960

Hardly a shock since the government has adopted the utterly dishonest practice of excluding from the claimant count many all those persons who have been sanctioned (around 1.6million).   Thus the abrupt fall in the claimant count is explained by the scam of regarding all sanctioned persons as no longer seeking work, though they clearly are. The same old ruse in different clothes, when Thatcher's rabble re-classified many of the unemployed as "disabled"!!

• Like 1

Hardly a shock since the government has adopted the utterly dishonest practice of excluding from the claimant count many all those persons who have been sanctioned (around 1.6million).   Thus the abrupt fall in the claimant count is explained by the scam of regarding all sanctioned persons as no longer seeking work, though they clearly are. The same old ruse in different clothes, when Thatcher's rabble re-classified many of the unemployed as "disabled"!!

All this good news must be breaking your heart.

All this good news must be breaking your heart.

You wish! I don't think anyone but die-hard idiot Tories believe anything that comes out of Cameron and his merry band's mouths these days. Very surprised that you're one of them Webbo!.

• Like 1

Hardly a shock since the government has adopted the utterly dishonest practice of excluding from the claimant count many all those persons who have been sanctioned (around 1.6million). Thus the abrupt fall in the claimant count is explained by the scam of regarding all sanctioned persons as no longer seeking work, though they clearly are. The same old ruse in different clothes, when Thatcher's rabble re-classified many of the unemployed as "disabled"!!

Where are these 1.6m people who don't have jobs and have been sanctioned then? How are they surviving? It's a hell of a lot of people, what 30,000 for every single city with no money coming in, presumably having to live on the streets? Where are they all?

Edited by MooseBreath

You wish! I don't think anyone but die-hard idiot Tories believe anything that comes out of Cameron and his merry band's mouths these days. Very surprised that you're one of them Webbo!.

lol

Must be hard to see your party drop from 44-45% in the opinion polls to the low 30''s in a couple of years. Appears to be more than a few Tory die hards believing it.

Thank god for Red Ed. We nearly lost him as well. He's even promising to match the cuts now in a last desperate effort to look economically credible.

The greens manifesto is wacky almost beyond belief. They'll hand lots of votes back to labour once people have time to digest some of those policies. I do admire the boldness of it, and in some ways it's a shame they couldn't have come up with something along those lines only a bit less like the incoherent rantings of a 15-year-old high on LSD waiting for Hendrix at Woodstock. The left really lacks for credibility at the moment and socially speaking that is a bit of a shame.

I've reas bits and pieces and it did sound absolutely ludicrous in parts but I'm giving it the full go in a minute.

I've reas bits and pieces and it did sound absolutely ludicrous in parts but I'm giving it the full go in a minute.

From using public money to promote vegetarianism, to positive discrimination towards religious extremism, and intentionally forcing people to become progressively poorer, there's so much in there that's right up your street lol

From using public money to promote vegetarianism, to positive discrimination towards religious extremism, and intentionally forcing people to become progressively poorer, there's so much in there that's right up your street lol

Only through a little bit but already not to mention banning one of my favourite sports (National Hunt Racing) higher taxation on alcohol and stopping people drinking on flights.

Also a bizarre approach of wanting to reduce the population and enforcing control but at the same time having an open border policy to the UK.

This is work of lunatics.

A few more wacky Green policies...

All new homes must by law provide 'bicycle parking'.

Legalise Membership to Terrorist organisations like Al Queda/ISIS/IRA etc

Whips also banned from Flat Racing (this shows how little they know about horses as whips are often used to correct them as much as encourage, suppose they'll realise that when one charges into the stand and kills someone)

Parents entitled to two years off work fully paid.

Prostitutes not to be discriminated against in court when it comes to child custody cases.

A reliance on the 'informal economy' - (if anyone can explain I'd be delighted)

Disbanding the army and turning the bases into nature reserves.

What pretty much looks like the effective banning of eating meat, well it won't be illegal but you won't be able to get it.

Political parties funded by the state (I think we all know what that means)

Banning the England (does it not apply to Scotland and Wales) national Rugby, Football and Cricket from playing matches against teams who we don't have a 'good relationship' with (pretty much the whole World I'd imagine after a few months of the above)

And this lot actually have the gall to call others fascists? It's like something from an old communist country combined with a hippy commune, I hope they are going to scrutinised as much as the other parties on how they are going to pay for this.

I reckon if Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and Kim Jong-un came together to write a manifesto for modern day Britain, the greens manifesto is roughly what you'd get. Truly terrifying that people are actually going to vote for them.

I was happy to leave them be as they'll take votes off Labour, but after reading this they are clearly the most potentially dangerous party in Britain, they need to be rigerously opposed by all with spirit and an interest in personal freedoms.

Edited by MattP

Wow. Lot of hyperbole going on in here.

That being said, I won't go for the greens purely because they pursue the whackjob pseudoscience crap known as homeopathy over...you know, actual medical science. And that's dangerous. Also they're anti space exploration.

Edited by leicsmac

Read an article in the Telelgraph which was essentially just a list of Green Party policies. Intending to bring about negative economic growth ought to lose them the vote of every citizen in the country. As the article points out, even the Soviet Union wanted to expand the economy and increase material wealth.

Not monitored by the government and so is not taxed. Think cash in hand jobs and doing favours for friends e.g. helping them move in to their new house. I imagine the emphasis will be on the 'non-business' transactions.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

A few more wacky Green policies...

All new homes must by law provide 'bicycle parking'.

Legalise Membership to Terrorist organisations like Al Queda/ISIS/IRA etc

Whips also banned from Flat Racing (this shows how little they know about horses as whips are often used to correct them as much as encourage, suppose they'll realise that when one charges into the stand and kills someone)

Parents entitled to two years off work fully paid.

Prostitutes not to be discriminated against in court when it comes to child custody cases.

Disbanding the army and turning the bases into nature reserves.

What pretty much looks like the effective banning of eating meat, well it won't be illegal but you won't be able to get it.

Political parties funded by the state (I think we all know what that means)

Banning the England (does it not apply to Scotland and Wales) national Rugby, Football and Cricket from playing matches against teams who we don't have a 'good relationship' with (pretty much the whole World I'd imagine after a few months of the above)

And this lot actually have the gall to call others fascists? It's like something from an old communist country combined with a hippy commune, I hope they are going to scrutinised as much as the other parties on how they are going to pay for this.

I was happy to leave them be as they'll take votes off Labour, but after reading this they are clearly the most potentially dangerous party in Britain, they need to be rigerously opposed by all with spirit and an interest in personal freedoms.

For someone always whinging that UKIP are misrepresented, you seem quite ready to do likewise to the Green Party. 

For someone always whinging that UKIP are misrepresented, you seem quite ready to do likewise to the Green Party.

Feel free to point out where I have.

True because  "a return of social dignity and social justice". will be bad.

Because they want to default on their debts and then expect people to lend them some more. Greece will go bankrupt, they'll be thrown out of the Euro (no bad thing) and then their new currency will be next to worthless. Poverty will be entrenched for years.

I spend quite a lot of time in Greece and I haven't met a single sensible person who wants to 'smash' the EU, nor believes it's the cause of their current plight. A lot of the older generation remember living standards before they joined the EU. If they had wanted to vote for a bunch of anti EU and anti-immigration demagogues they would have voted in Golden Dawn. As it is, they'll vote in an ex-Trot who wants to stay in the single currency.