Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

To all those 'It's too early' for us to sign anyone fans...

Do you know that's a fact?

I'm sure Pearson would like to sell some players but do we HAVE TO sell to buy?

Just wondered?

Pearson's notorious for wanting to get players in ASAP and I'm sure he's got targets in mind, so the lack of movement so far would suggest he needs to move players on before he can secure his targets.

Oh may god !!!!! A month before the start of the new season and no changes in the camp. What is going on ? What is wrong with the other clubs in this league ? Why don't they want our deadwood ? surely Pearson must go now? Is Mack on new meds? Is there any worthwhile news out there? Will the new kit be blue ? Are there going to be any 3:00 kick offs on a Saturday ?

For what it's worth the time to worry was in the January transfer window. At that time we had players out on loan doing ok, yet not one left. We are not the only club with issues a raising from FFP so of loading is going to be very hard.

is it me or is this forum just turning into people slagging other people off or trying to be funny.... the definition of the word forum is where ideas and view meeting or mediums on a particular issue can be exchanged

its not really just to call someone a c***

I now wait for the abuse to start, and I probably am a c***

Im not overly concerned about the lack of signings, but, the standard answer of "its only July 1st" isnt really an answer either.

what if its..... "only July 20th"... or "only July 30th".... or only August 21st"?

When is it time time ask the question?

Lets be honest, we would all like to see a quality signing as early as possible and the fact that either the club are playing their cards very close to their chest... or we dont have anyone on the radar is slightly annoying.

Lets be honest, we would all like to see a quality signing as early as possible and the fact that either the club are playing their cards very close to their chest... or we dont have anyone on the radar is slightly annoying.

Its annoying mainly because we cant do anything, in reality until at least a couple of the 7 have moved on as that frees up some finance. It also because we are all waiting for the season to start and we need something to discuss other than the shite weather.

Here is my prediction

4 of the 7 will be gone..

3 new players in

dont know who, dont know when just a guess.... bit useless really

Lets not forget the famous summer of 2011 their were many speculating on Foxestalk that there was something wrong behind the scenes because we hadn't signed anyone early.

is it me or is this forum just turning into people slagging other people off or trying to be funny.... the definition of the word forum is where ideas and view meeting or mediums on a particular issue can be exchanged

its not really just to call someone a c***

I now wait for the abuse to start, and I probably am a c***

No it is not you, it just that in this world if social media, hype and spin people need there quota and find it hard when things are done in a quite confidant manner.

Im not overly concerned about the lack of signings, but, the standard answer of "its only July 1st" isnt really an answer either.

what if its..... "only July 20th"... or "only July 30th".... or only August 21st"?

When is it time time ask the question?

But it's not. It's the beginning of July.

Yes - in an ideal world, I'm sure we'd all like to have made some improvements to the squad by now, but a lot of us realise that we're probably going to have to be a little more patient this year and wait until we've moved on at least a couple of players. The people who say 'it's only July' are simply saying that there's plenty of time left to do business yet.

If we've not signed anyone by the middle of July, then you can start getting concerned if you wish - not that getting concerned or 'asking the question' will make a blind bit of notice to the management or the board. If we can't move on players, or the money's not there, we're just going to have to cut our cloth accordingly. There's not a lot we can do now - the owners can't loan us a load more cash, we can't go out signing expensive players on silly money. We'll probably have to rely more on free transfers and loans, which isn't the end of the world.

Obviously I would like to see improvements, but I don't think our squad is in particularly terrible shape and if no-one leaves or comes in, we'll still have a very competitive squad for this league. The only position I would be concerned about is CB.

If it helps I'll do a bootfair with Beckford, Waghorn, St Ledger, Danns etc.

But with their contracts I'd wager I'll have more change of shifting a bag load of old y-fronts complete with skids!

But it's not. It's the beginning of July.

Yes - in an ideal world, I'm sure we'd all like to have made some improvements to the squad by now, but a lot of us realise that we're probably going to have to be a little more patient this year and wait until we've moved on at least a couple of players. The people who say 'it's only July' are simply saying that there's plenty of time left to do business yet.

If we've not signed anyone by the middle of July, then you can start getting concerned if you wish - not that getting concerned or 'asking the question' will make a blind bit of notice to the management or the board. If we can't move on players, or the money's not there, we're just going to have to cut our cloth accordingly. There's not a lot we can do now - the owners can't loan us a load more cash, we can't go out signing expensive players on silly money. We'll probably have to rely more on free transfers and loans, which isn't the end of the world.

Obviously I would like to see improvements, but I don't think our squad is in particularly terrible shape and if no-one leaves or comes in, we'll still have a very competitive squad for this league. The only position I would be concerned about is CB.

Of course the players we want are just going to sit there and wait and wait and wait and wait for us and tell all other suitors to **** off??

Of course the players we want are just going to sit there and wait and wait and wait and wait for us and tell all other suitors to **** off??

Like I said, it's not ideal, but it is what it is. We clearly need to get these players off the wage bill and out of the club before we can do any signifcant strengthening. We can't spend money we don't have - there's been way too much of that since the Thais came in. 

I've already made it very clear that the damage done over the past couple of seasons by the reckless spending of board and manager is going to seriously hamper our attempts to bring in quality players over the next couple of seasons, looks like I was right:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/87822-player-recruitment-post-sven/#entry2582182

If it helps I'll do a bootfair with Beckford, Waghorn, St Ledger, Danns etc.

But with their contracts I'd wager I'll have more change of shifting a bag load of old y-fronts complete with skids!

I think that my idea the other week of buying Coventry, loaning and selling these players to them and then letting Coventry go bust is the way to go.

Like I said, it's not ideal, but it is what it is. We clearly need to get these players off the wage bill and out of the club before we can do any signifcant strengthening. We can't spend money we don't have - there's been way too much of that since the Thais came in. 

I've already made it very clear that the damage done over the past couple of seasons by the reckless spending of board and manager is going to seriously hamper our attempts to bring in quality players over the next couple of seasons, looks like I was right:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/87822-player-recruitment-post-sven/#entry2582182

Quoting yourself as proof that you're right!!!!

Brilliant.

Do you know that's a fact?

I'm sure Pearson would like to sell some players but do we HAVE TO sell to buy?

Just wondered?

Yes.

Else we'd have players in by now. The club aren't willing to take the risk of signing more players and then not being able to offload players.

Yes.

Else we'd have players in by now. The club aren't willing to take the risk of signing more players and then not being able to offload players.

Any players imminent now, now that Beckford has left the building?

Then your opinion's as irrelevant as it usually is then. Cheerio.

Yep .... only your opinion counts .... as demonstrated by you making a point and then referencing your own post to prove you are "right".

Yep .... only your opinion counts .... as demonstrated by you making a point and then referencing your own post to prove you are "right".

Well you just admitted you didn't read it, but you still thought you'd pass comment. So why should I listen to anything you've got to say?

And I wasn't using my own post 'to prove myself right' - I was merely referencing a thread I started a few months back where I said we'd struggle to bring in players this summer - and perhaps even next summer - because of the financial mismanagement of the past few years.

Too long, didn't read.

Well you just admitted you didn't read it, but you still thought you'd pass comment. So why should I listen to anything you've got to say?

If anyone is ever looking for the definition of hypocrisy then here it is.

Can you please let me know when it's not too early for us to sign someone please?

Because all I can see is our squad back in training and our rival teams snapping up a lot of quality additions.

If you could let me know I'd appreciate it :)

Ian Stringer â€@StringerSport9m

Jermaine Beckford is understood to be having a medical at Bolton today and should confirm a £1m (ish) move from #lcfc soon

If anyone is ever looking for the definition of hypocrisy then here it is.

Unlike you though, if I don't read something, I don't pass comment on the contents. But yeah, you go on thinking I'm a hypocrite if you like, I literaly couldn't give less of a **** what you think.

Are you secretly ITK indie Rich its incredible how you predicted these cutbacks?

Well, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain cell, but unfortunately when you've got people are on here all day going 'Waaaaaaaahh! Why haven't we signed anyone yet??????????' you have to remind them.

Archived