Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Sean St Ledger

St Ledger Future  

271 members have voted

1. 1. St Ledger Future

• Sell/Release
    • Squad Player
    • First XI

You think wanting to get rid of them three (which no-one's actually suggested) would send us down? lol

If we get rid of 3 of our experienced defenders and replace them with two unproven premiership academy players, we wont be finishing anywhere near the top six lets put it that way.

And yes, I've seen numerous people suggesting we get rid of all three of them at some point or another.

The general consensus is that half of our squad isn't good enough, Whitbread, SSL, Konch, Danns, Drinkwater, Waghorn, Futaks, Gallagher have all been touted as surplus to requirements by our fans. Considering the only options we have is to get premiership rejects on loans at the moment I don't see the point in shifting any of these players out. I don't get where people have got this idea from that selling these players is going to free up funds to get other players in. It's pretty obvious any money we save on those players is going to get swallowed up by the club and not re-invested into the squad.

If we get rid of 3 of our experienced defenders and replace them with two unproven premiership academy players, we wont be finishing anywhere near the top six lets put it that way.

And yes, I've seen numerous people suggesting we get rid of all three of them at some point or another.

Even if we got rid of all three of them - andwe won't - we'd still have a back four of De Laet, Morgan, Moore and Bakayogo. Hardly relegation fodder. Konch is the only one out of those three who even played regularly last season.

Plus, we're supposedly bringing in those two lads because we can't afford to buy players because we're weighed down with the wages of players like Konchesky and SSL. If we moved them on, it would certainly free up funds to make additions to the squad.

Even if we got rid of all three of them - andwe won't - we'd still have a back four of De Laet, Morgan, Moore and Bakayogo. Hardly relegation fodder. Konch is the only one out of those three who even played regularly last season.

And if any of those four got injured?

The reason only one of them played regularly last season was one of them was injured for most of it, and the other was outperformed by a loaned premiership academy player. We cant expect every loan player we get in to be on the level Keane was, it's like a 1-100 gamble.

Plus, we're supposedly bringing in those two lads because we can't afford to buy players because we're weighed down with the wages of players like Konchesky and SSL. If we moved them on, it would certainly free up funds to make additions to the squad.

Like selling Beckford and Wellens did?

Starting XI for me. One of the best defenders in the league when he is at his best. We won't get anywhere with kids on pocket money, and we need a few high earners as long as they repay their wage. I'd get rid of Gallagher, Danns and Konchesky (who I actually like) before Ledge. We've offloaded two of our big earners, reducing the wage bill significantly. 

Also, we don't know what his wage is and who are we to decide what the owners want to spend? If he was on the way out, he'd have left by now

Archived