Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Sean St Ledger

St Ledger Future  

271 members have voted

1. 1. St Ledger Future

• Sell/Release
    • Squad Player
    • First XI

I voted first team. Good defender, reads the game pretty well. Last season before his injury, he played alongside Morgan and we didn't seem to concede as many.

I'd prefer St Ledger over Whitbread.

However, again, it's if his wages are an issue.

Not changed my mind since this, no.

He probably won't go to the World Cup if he's not playing, so now is really the ideal time to be blackmailing him into taking a significant pay cut. Either accept it here, or go play for someone (likely a smaller club) who won't pay you as much anyway.

You do know the World Cup is the end of this season right? So why would he take a pay cut now, when he doesn't have to?

When people suggest both whitbread and Ledge are crap makes me instantly want to render anything you say redundant.....

Ledge on his day is a solid championship defender, granted he hasn't had the best start to this season but once he is settled with Zak, Wes and him playing at the back we should have one of the best defences in the league.

When people suggest both whitbread and Ledge are crap makes me instantly want to render anything you say redundant.....

Ledge on his day is a solid championship defender, granted he hasn't had the best start to this season but once he is settled with Zak, Wes and him playing at the back we should have one of the best defences in the league.

I would say he's an average championship defender rather than solid, and as previously stated by others its about value for money with ffp coming in and he's sadly not worth his reported high wage.... whitbread on the other hand I'd persevere with

You do know the World Cup is the end of this season right? So why would he take a pay cut now, when he doesn't have to?

Erm, yes, it was exactly my point. The blackmail part is he either takes a pay cut now and he can be in our plans, or if he refuses he rots in the reserves all season and risks losing his place in the Ireland squad. Or he goes to another club and gets off our wage bill altogether.

From BBC website:

" Leicester City defender Sean St Ledger would like to stay despite being told he could leave the club in the summer.

St Ledger, who still has one a left to run on his contract, told BBC Radio Leicester: "I am really, really happy here. It's a great football club."

I guess if his wages are as high as suggested by many previous posters, he probably is happy!

he's a below average defender. He's okay on the attack but far too many errors defensively - we've seen them several times in the two games this season.

And he's well over-paid.

get rid - easily replaced.

So thats Konch, Whitbread, and now SSL that people are foaming at the mouth to get rid of?!? And replace them with who? two arsenal academy players who've never played at this level?

If this happens I hope you all enjoy league 1 football, ridiculous

Archived