Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Sean St Ledger

St Ledger Future  

271 members have voted

1. 1. St Ledger Future

• Sell/Release
    • Squad Player
    • First XI

How many games have you seen him play in? I imagine less than 10. Can't really judge on that amount of games .Plank

His fitness record is very questionable unless we bring in a first choice CB then St Ledger is who should be partnered with Morgan it is as simple as that.

His fitness record is very questionable unless we bring in a first choice CB then St Ledger is who should be partnered with Morgan it is as simple as that.

Robin Van Persies fitness recored was questionable. You still haven't answered the question? How can you judge Whitbread on less than 10 games?

Robin Van Persies fitness recored was questionable. You still haven't answered the question? How can you judge Whitbread on less than 10 games?

Fans judge players on what they see, whether it's a correct judgement remains to be seen.

It is however, the judgement of many

You cannot really having said that I don't really have any confidence that he can last the full season let alone 30 games!

The reality is we need solid reliable partner for Wes.

Everyone on this thread has cited his wage yet noone has actually come out and gave a figure so I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt.

I actually think he's a very good defender and has a place alongside Morgan

I agree with this Dude, even when he wasn't fit, he still made the Ireland squad and went to the Euros in 2012, if a team wants experienced, internation players they have to pay for them.. I think with him fit for the season (his first btw) him and wes will be unbreakable. Bottom line, keep him fit, keep him playing, keep him

EDIT- does my head in when fans moan to sell players then moan there is no cover. IMO, first team squad for next season

Kasper

De laet

Morgan

Sledge

Moore (cover at rb/cb)

Konchesky

(That guy we signed on bosman)

Marshal

James

King

Drinkwater (needs to step up)

Dyer (needs to step up)

Knockaert

Danns (or a replacement for him *cough Leon Britton cough*)

Nugent

Wood

Schlupp

Vardy (not sure whether we've seen enough or if he's good enough but good squad member)

I may have missed some.. I'm tired

I agree with this Dude, even when he wasn't fit, he still made the Ireland squad and went to the Euros in 2012, if a team wants experienced, internation players they have to pay for them.. I think with him fit for the season (his first btw) him and wes will be unbreakable. Bottom line, keep him fit, keep him playing, keep him

EDIT- does my head in when fans moan to sell players then moan there is no cover. IMO, first team squad for next season

Kasper

De laet

Morgan

Sledge

Moore (cover at rb/cb)

Konchesky

(That guy we signed on bosman)

Marshal

James

King

Drinkwater (needs to step up)

Dyer (needs to step up)

Knockaert

Danns (or a replacement for him *cough Leon Britton cough*)

Nugent

Wood

Schlupp

Vardy (not sure whether we've seen enough or if he's good enough but good squad member)

I may have missed some.. I'm tired

Well regardless of how shit ROI are he's played against some of the very best strikers in the world. People were on about Morgan having his turn against that falcon on Saturday- SSL has faced equally tricky players more frequently.SSL has experience in tournaments too. I'm not for a minute suggesting he's better than Wes but together they'd be an awesome pairing IMO. And as you rightly point out, his experience will demanda larger salary arguably.

It's been a while since I've seen him play (I can't remember what I did last week nevermind what someone else done 9 months ago) but I can't remember having any catastrophic **** ups or even a game where he'd played poorly for that matter. People just jumped onto a bandwagon when we lost at home to Bristol after he slipped and gave Maynard the ball. Despite the fact that it was Peltier who needlessly passed it to him in the first place!

Noone knows his salary, it's just an assumption that he's paid a lot as Sven signed him. If it turned out he was on 10k a week here I'd wager that opinions would change.

Basically people are forming their opinions on a salary that is actually unknown!!

I think we need to forget the wages the players are on and rate them for what they offer us on the pitch.

The club have stated I believe that we are just within the new financial restrictions, so basically the squad we have needs to do the business.

So for me st ledger aint the best player in the world but is a good sqaud player at this level, so I would keep him around, if we don't we will probably have to pay him off in one way of another, only to go out and replace him with someone of similar ability on less wages, but on top of paying him off wouldn't make sense to me.

Well regardless of how shit ROI are he's played against some of the very best strikers in the world. People were on about Morgan having his turn against that falcon on Saturday- SSL has faced equally tricky players more frequently.SSL has experience in tournaments too. I'm not for a minute suggesting he's better than Wes but together they'd be an awesome pairing IMO. And as you rightly point out, his experience will demanda larger salary arguably.

It's been a while since I've seen him play (I can't remember what I did last week nevermind what someone else done 9 months ago) but I can't remember having any catastrophic **** ups or even a game where he'd played poorly for that matter. People just jumped onto a bandwagon when we lost at home to Bristol after he slipped and gave Maynard the ball. Despite the fact that it was Peltier who needlessly passed it to him in the first place!

Noone knows his salary, it's just an assumption that he's paid a lot as Sven signed him. If it turned out he was on 10k a week here I'd wager that opinions would change.

Basically people are forming their opinions on a salary that is actually unknown!!

This.

I voted sell purely because of the alleged wages he is on.

However, demonizing a player (as some have) for accepting a contract that was offered to him strikes me as odd.

He isn't a terrible player, I just don't see him as value for money. Yet still it doesn't make sense to blame him for everything...

I think we need to forget the wages the players are on and rate them for what they offer us on the pitch.

The club have stated I believe that we are just within the new financial restrictions, so basically the squad we have needs to do the business.

So for me st ledger aint the best player in the world but is a good sqaud player at this level, so I would keep him around, if we don't we will probably have to pay him off in one way of another, only to go out and replace him with someone of similar ability on less wages, but on top of paying him off wouldn't make sense to me.

Its just not feasible to do that. We have GOT to balance the books. Whether we like it or not and so Nigel ( or whoever... not wishing to hijack the thread) had to prioritize where the mkoney goes to give us the best starting 11 and good backup in each position

Lack of pace and too short. Still haven't forgiven him for a poor back pass (Bristol City??) a couple of seasons ago!

Have you forgiven

Drinkwater for his back pass against Charlton

Nugent for his penalty v Birmingham

Vardy for his penalty against Boro

Morgan for his penalty v Bolton

Knockeart for his double miss v Watford

Wood for his penalty miss v Blackpool

Konchesky for growing hair

Dyer for giving the ball away that led to Birmingham's goal at Brum

Whitbread's penalty v Forest

Errors have cost us loads of goals last season - to blame SSL for getting caught in possession, not a back pass v Bristol City, which led to Maynard's goal and still holding a grudge is to me somewhat futile.

Its just not feasible to do that. We have GOT to balance the books. Whether we like it or not and so Nigel ( or whoever... not wishing to hijack the thread) had to prioritize where the mkoney goes to give us the best starting 11 and good backup in each position

Pearson has stated we are light in numbers at the back, but in an ideal world someone comes in for him, pays a fee and his wages, making us a small profit, but this just isn't happening.

What I'm getting at is someone comes in for him, we have to compensate him the loss in wages, as they won't want to pay him his inflated wages, rumoured beckford way, we then go out buy someone of the same standard.

Or pay him off, and replace him with a free transfer, but added wages on top of the payoff.

The club are saying we are just within the restrictions, so why not keep it as it is, and I don't know when his contract runs out, but let it run out.

I think the club is stuck between a rock and a hard place with him and the likes of Gallagher, both happy to stay and not play due to lucrative contracts, and bleed us dry, but with st ledger he wants to play regular to keep his international place so if they do want rid bad enough, put him out in the cold and try to force him to reach an mutual agreement, which benefits the club.

Whatever happens I hope it happens soon, as I hope we have a settled squad, without any of the rumour bad atmospheres and tantrums, basically only the players that want to be here.

To me it doesn't seem like St Ledger would be happy to not be in the starting 11, which shows he wants to play football and not just sit around and collect money. In a 352 system he would pretty much be guaranteed a spot, one would hope, in the defence. I would go as far to say in a 442 system he would/should start ahead of whitbread who, to me, looks average at best. If we are within the FFP then what's the need to sell him? He is a steady defender, will never set the world alight but not the worst by any means, and is our second best defender behind Wes. Should be first team with this current squad.

Simple fact is, he been available for transfer for over a year and we've had no offers. Can't see him going anywhere now which is a shame, because I think we have a better player lined up to replace him, if we can get him off the wage bill. He's average for me.

Simple fact is, he been available for transfer for over a year and we've had no offers. Can't see him going anywhere now which is a shame, because I think we have a better player lined up to replace him, if we can get him off the wage bill. He's average for me.

Spot on..

Archived