Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Sean St Ledger

St Ledger Future  

271 members have voted

1. 1. St Ledger Future

• Sell/Release
    • Squad Player
    • First XI

Simple fact is, he been available for transfer for over a year and we've had no offers. Can't see him going anywhere now which is a shame, because I think we have a better player lined up to replace him, if we can get him off the wage bill. He's average for me.

Wrong! I know for a fact there have been several offers.

If we play other a 3 at the back then SSL will be our player of the year this season.

Class act

Pearson has stated we are light in numbers at the back, but in an ideal world someone comes in for him, pays a fee and his wages, making us a small profit, but this just isn't happening.

What I'm getting at is someone comes in for him, we have to compensate him the loss in wages, as they won't want to pay him his inflated wages, rumoured beckford way, we then go out buy someone of the same standard.

Or pay him off, and replace him with a free transfer, but added wages on top of the payoff.

The club are saying we are just within the restrictions, so why not keep it as it is, and I don't know when his contract runs out, but let it run out.

I think the club is stuck between a rock and a hard place with him and the likes of Gallagher, both happy to stay and not play due to lucrative contracts, and bleed us dry, but with st ledger he wants to play regular to keep his international place so if they do want rid bad enough, put him out in the cold and try to force him to reach an mutual agreement, which benefits the club.

Whatever happens I hope it happens soon, as I hope we have a settled squad, without any of the rumour bad atmospheres and tantrums, basically only the players that want to be here.

Have I missed something? Where and when did the club say we were just inside FFP restrictions?

By that I mean the club itself and not what someone told you the club said

Have I missed something? Where and when did the club say we were just inside FFP restrictions?

Fourth Official/Toffee Fox indicated it.

Based on ability I'd say squad player.

Based on value for money if say sell as quick as possible

He's the definition of bang average!

This...

FFP is about VALUE FOR MONEY.

SSL doesn't represent value for money.

Get rid, if possible and replace him with somebody as good (if not better) on half his wages.

If we play other a 3 at the back then SSL will be our player of the year this season.

Class act

Ha ha 'several offers' yet instead of accepting one of those we bomb him off on loan to Milwall? Who are you trying to kid.

In the mercury if I remember right, stated we are just within, but will probably wont be recruiting.

Either way nobody wants our shite, so if the club aint within expect a fine or transfer embargo, as not alot will change between now and the end of the season.

But for me they started reducing the wage bill last year, in readiness for this year.

Would be happy as a backup for the first team if it wasn't for his obscene wage.

Spot on.

A competent Championship-level centre back (and right back, in emergencies): positionally decent, fairly calm of judgment, decent tackling, gaffes/recklessness infrequent, not too bad on the ball, slightly weak in the air, but......

Massive wages (allegedly) means that he needs to be moved on if at all possible. Morgan + Whitbread (if fit & restored to form) or a decent loanee/free transfer would be a better/cheaper combination.

Might not be as hard to move him on as some of the others, as he's decent enough for there to be some interest from other clubs, and SSL may be more open to a pay cut than some others, to get regular 1st team football with the potential prospect of Brazil 2014.

Class act

:appl:

P.S I don't have two accounts

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to harbour negative feelings towards players on here, either you're correct but unfortunately putting yourself on the same level as the mouth breathers, or you're just a mouth breather yourself. But Sean St. Ledger is and always has been a very average player with glaring weaknesses who has never excelled at this level for any of the clubs he has played for, and we're paying him >10k a week. If it is at all possible to shift him, we should. No hate for the player on a personal level, no agenda, he's just not very good.

He probably won't go to the World Cup if he's not playing, so now is really the ideal time to be blackmailing him into taking a significant pay cut. Either accept it here, or go play for someone (likely a smaller club) who won't pay you as much anyway. 

Voted for Sell/Release.

Nige was a CB, so I trust that if he was any good, he'd have played more. And to be honest, I'm still a bit pissed off about his behaviour before the Chelsea game :dry:

What happened before the chelsea game?

Have people changed their minds?

Your opening question stated 'based on playing ability' as the qualifying factor, still looks like a majority of people would rather sell/use as a squad player. I bet if you factored in his alleged salary that majority would only grow.

Looks like he's the new Wellens - he can do no right apparently....

I was thinking the same at the game last night, fans singing other players names but not his, even when he scored.

I think he's a very good player who has been a target for fans flak ever since the Bristol game at home.

The high wages thing is a myth too.

What confuses me, is that one min NP says he can leave then the next he asks him to stay.

Archived