Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Sean St Ledger

St Ledger Future  

271 members have voted

1. 1. St Ledger Future

• Sell/Release
    • Squad Player
    • First XI

Based on playing ability, what is the general consensus?

I think he is first XI with the squad we currently have.

Obviously it has been said in the media that Sean says he can leave, but can we afford to let him go?

I like Liam Moore but dislike Whitbread. Surely Sean is better than a loan signing?

Discuss.

I have voted sell/release.

I love the guy, but if his wages are a problem, it's a simple scenario, get rid and it will help, I'd rather see us trim our wage budget and get cheaper players, than watch St Ledger knowing he is on high sums. 

Get rid of St Ledger, get in Zakuani who said he wants to leave, or some young guy from abroad, it's a win win situation. 

If the lad does well then pay him whatever you like but the lad hasn't done that well so therefore we must get rid! However, no one wants him, it'll cost us a fine but we could cut his contract..

For the wages he's on he isn't good enough imo

Would be happy as a backup for the first team if it wasn't for his obscene wage.

This, and it's a shame, because he isn't a terrible defender. He's not bad but not great either, and for what he's on, it's not worth it - he's a tricky situation to manage.

To be honest I'd rather give Taft a go. Same applies with Danns, I'd rather give Cain a go.

I voted first team. Good defender, reads the game pretty well. Last season before his injury, he played alongside Morgan and we didn't seem to concede as many.

I'd prefer St Ledger over Whitbread.

However, again, it's if his wages are an issue.

I voted first team. Played well at Port Vale last night and I think he's our second best CB behind Wes.

With us short of options at CB and Pearson debating 3-5-2, can we afford to offload any defenders? 

As a centre half and partner for Morgan he is more than capable of doing the job we need in that position.

As a full back he is a liability as he lacks the paces to play the position.

I'd keep him and select him as a first team starter alongside Morgan.

Whitbread fully fit is a better option, but being fully fit seems to be a task too far for him all too often.

God help us if we are relying on Shitbread to produce the goods.

Whitbread fit is probably the best centre half in the league.

But we've not seen that yet, and it's probably why Norwich were OK with him moving on.

Whitbread is excellent in the air which in my opinion is St Ledger's downfall- he doesn't seem to win many headers when challenged. Whitbread wins every one. However, Whitbread always looks a bit sluggish and laboured to me. I can't really make my mind up which player I prefer. However, I don't think we can play 3-5-2 with both of them at the back. I think we will sign another cb

Archived