Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Callabinho

Best player you have ever seen play against Leicester.

It makes me sad that I never got to see such brilliant performances, not one single one sticks out in my mind. The best I'd have to say is Ramos, but even then he wasn't amazing. Some of the performances by keepers in recent years have been ridiculous, mind. 

The replies to this thread bring back some great memories! Having watched the City for over 60 years, I've seen some truly gifted players but my one abiding memory is by coincidence, included in the above title - Best! But I fully agree with so many of others mentioned.

However, one name that nobody has said (and I wonder if there is anyone else out there who saw this game?) Was the great Sir Stanley Matthews! Nearly fifty years old, playing for Stoke), he came on as a sub in the 2nd half - in the Filbo mud, and ran rings round the City defence. Even the City fans had to laugh as he dropped his shoulder and ghosted past our player, leaving them totally mesmerised!

A few mentions of Juninho in his Boro days but I also remember him playing a stormer in 2nd half for At Madrid in the 1st leg of UEFA cup tie.

Joe Cole looked something else playing for West Ham at Filbo in the 2001/02 season I think?? Shame he was never able quite realise the potential he showed that day.

I remember being at Filbert street when Robbie Keane scored a hat-trick against us, think it was a league cup game.

Christian Vieri wasn't too bad either when I saw him down here in the uefa cup.

Dennis Bergkamps hat-trick though is something i'll always remember.

I remember thinking how good frank lampard was after the 4-3 carling cup game, he beat us single handedly.

Would agree with alonso as well, ran the show and never seemed to give it away.

But obviously players like should look good against us.

Seem to remember a Robbie Fowler hat trick, top finisher.

Denis Law's hat trick 1963  for Man Utd   his second was a Bicycle kick truely brilliant, but we had the last laugh when Keyworth scored his own hat-trick and we won 4-3.......After that game i thought we would beat them easily at Wembley the only match where I have to admit I cried out of sheer frustration

First players to mind would be Zola, Bergkamp, Fowler, Berger

But I do remember watching West Ham coming up to Filbert Street in April 1997 and John Hartson played up front. I never rated Hartson until I watched him win everything in the air against Walsh, Prior & Elliott....that was some doing in those days against those three!!

Agree.  I remember seing him play at Filbert Street in the 1984-1985 season.  He was 34 but still world class and had the ball on a string it seemed.

the game i'm thinking of was close to him signing for them from celtic, so around 1977.

it was 0-0. my dad said "he's not up to much is he". next thing you know, he scores and set up i think  2 others. with  pool winning 0-4.

that shut him up.

Archived