Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

What is wrong with wearing the shirt?

I've noticed on a number of posts on here, a section of City Suppprters being singled out for abuse.

They are often referred to as 'Full kit wan***s' or some other derogatory term.

Why are these supporters singled out? Because they choose to wear a city shirt?

A lot of it came out when loads of people on this forum slagged off the new kits.

What is the problem???

If you don't like the shirt or you think you are just too cool to wear a football shirt then just don't wear it.

But why slag off those who choose to do so?

I am a 52 year old dad, my 12 yr old lad goes in his shirt and I often (especially away games) choose to wear the training shirt or team shirt.

No I don't expect to get a game ( mind you even though I am old, fat and with dodgy knees I often thought ober the years that I could do better than some of the players!!).

I remember years ago that you didn't wear 'colours' because of potential trouble at games. I think its great that supporters can now display their colours without the old style repercussions.

If its just that you are a fashion fascist, then F*** Off. What gives you the right to slag off what other people wear.

I've noticed on a number of posts on here, a section of City Suppprters being singled out for abuse.

They are often referred to as 'Full kit wan***s' or some other derogatory term.

Why are these supporters singled out? Because they choose to wear a city shirt?

A lot of it came out when loads of people on this forum slagged off the new kits.

What is the problem???

If you don't like the shirt or you think you are just too cool to wear a football shirt then just don't wear it.

But why slag off those who choose to do so?

I am a 52 year old dad, my 12 yr old lad goes in his shirt and I often (especially away games) choose to wear the training shirt or team shirt.

No I don't expect to get a game ( mind you even though I am old, fat and with dodgy knees I often thought ober the years that I could do better than some of the players!!).

I remember years ago that you didn't wear 'colours' because of potential trouble at games. I think its great that supporters can now display their colours without the old style repercussions.

If its just that you are a fashion fascist, then F*** Off. What gives you the right to slag off what other people wear.

They get called that when they wear the full kit not just the shirt, hence the name Full Kit W***ers.

No adult should really be wearing full kit unless they're playing at the time

I think it's aimed at adults who wear the full kit mate - shirt, shorts, socks- the lot (there's a bit of a clue in the wording!)

And to be fair, if you go to a game wearing the full strip as a fully grown man than chances are you'll look a bit of a knobber by default.

As far as I know that has never been directed at a kid - not in my experience anyway.

Guest MattP

It's the full kit not the shirts that are Full Kit Wankers.

Though I find 40 year men wearing the shirts a tad weird but that's for another thread.

I mentioned a story on here the other week where one disturbed individual who was about 45 turned up at the club shop in his normal clothes and left in the shirt shorts and socks pulled up. It was a good job they didn't sell shinpads.

If you think I'm not going to rip the piss out of that then well.....

Guest MattP

On a side note there is 20 of us off to a 30th in Birmingham in September and going as fancy dress full kit wankers is being touted.

Why did I state 'Full kit Wan***s'

That was just one example of terms used, some people have had a go at those wearing the shirt!!!

The full kit on an adult at a match??? Must admit I have never seen that, so it must be rare, in which case, again SO WHAT?

They have their reasons. Yes I agree it looks a bit over the top for an adult to wear the full kit to a match. Maybe their a bit nuts?

The point I was trying to get across is that people have slagged off those wearing the city shirts and I don't see why.

Nothing wrong with the shirt although I personally wouldn't wear one to a match. For aways I'll take my scarf but never the shirt if I have it.

Grown men in full kit are a different story though, I just don't understand them...

Guest MattP

I once turned up to an away game in a suit cravat and tie?

Is that weird?

People have the right to wear whatever they want to the football, people also have the right to piss out of anyone they think looks like a twat. That's freedom for you.

I can't remember the last time anybody slated people purely for wearing a replica on here. Full Kit Wankers are ripe for pisstaking, looks utterly bizarre on an adult, but replica shirt wearers don't get that kind of treatment on here.

I don't wear replicas at matches myself because I think they're overpriced and generally look a bit crap on a skinny Will McKenzie lookalike, the last one I bought was the Joma 125th anniversary edition I still wear for five-a-side at work, but wouldn't think of decrying anybody who did.

Guest MattP

Its not even so much the people who wear it to games either, I saw someone doing shopping in town the other week wearing a full Liverpool kit, wtaf!

Liverpool seems to have more full kit wankers per head than any other city.

I always wear the shirt with pride but I've never had a name on the back.

I always wished Arthur Numan would sign for us though so I could have Numan on the back without being a total cnut lol

Agreed, my kids don't players names on the back either, I get their name put on. You never know, one day they might play for city !!!

The point I was trying to get across is that people have slagged off those wearing the city shirts and I don't see why.

Really? I honestly haven't experienced this and I've been to probably 80% of our home games over the last two seasons. I've heard fellas wearing the full kit get a bit of stick* but never for simply wearing a replica shirt. Where do you sit mate?

* I've only ever seen FKW's a handful of times at the KP. Prob a perk of being do unsuccessful.

Really? I honestly haven't experienced this and I've been to probably 80% of our home games over the last two seasons. I've heard fellas wearing the full kit get a bit of stick* but never for simply wearing a replica shirt. Where do you sit mate?

* I've only ever seen FKW's a handful of times at the KP. Prob a perk of being do unsuccessful.

I didn't say shirt wearers are slagged off down the city.

I said that they are slagged off at times on this site.

I unfortunately said terms thrown at them included 'full kit W*****s'.

I appreciate that from the various replies this is a different issue.

I quite happily wear my replica top to the games and don't see any issue with it. It gives me the chance to wear the colours of the team that I support. I don't generally tend to wear it too much when I'm not going to the games although I do occasionally when I'm out and about, playing a 5 a side game or on holiday. I also have my surname on my shirt.

If anyone thinks that's weird, f**k em. I have no reason to worry about what they think anyway.

Archived