Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

What is wrong with wearing the shirt?

I often wear a replica to a match with my forum name on the back. I'm a fat bloke in my late 40's and I don't really care what others think. Generally those who have to comment on what others are wearing believe they are super cool and have great taste and look very fashionable.

I'm very glad we have these sort of people around to show us the right way to do things, they are such great people. It must be great to be so popular and wonderful. Us out of fashion cringe people wish we were just like them. It's too late for an old git like me but you young uns who wear replicas and other things they don't approve of take heed and copy what they wear so you can look cool and boost your own ego by commenting on those who don't meet your approval.

Seems like you care a lot.

I quite happily wear my replica top to the games and don't see any issue with it. It gives me the chance to wear the colours of the team that I support. I don't generally tend to wear it too much when I'm not going to the games although I do occasionally when I'm out and about, playing a 5 a side game or on holiday. I also have my surname on my shirt.

If anyone thinks that's weird, f**k em. I have no reason to worry about what they think anyway.

Good on you buddy, like you say fvck other people who don't like it.

Very rarely wear a shirt for match days but always without fail wear my shirt to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Is that weird? Couldn't give a fvck if it is

Only really ever wear a shirt if I'm playing with the lads or on holiday.

good now take that passion and go to the shops and buy some nice clothes ya scuffy feck.

Combat trousers?

Matter of opinion, I wouldn't think it looked good at all, but if you do, fair enough. Everyone's tastes vary, if you like it wear it, ignore other people's opinions (like mine).

Secondly, the fact you think it's 'lucky' is a bit odd. We won a game/games while you had it on, that's just chance, or a coincidence. Maybe not even that, football games have to have a result H/A/D, if you wear the shirt to watch the games in, some will have the result you want!

Obviously I know this but I always save it for the big games and its only let me down at Cardiff away. Left it at home for the Watford game but wore it for the forest game, that game alone is enough for me to have some belief in it :P

As for opinions. Meh, it works, it's comfy, I get to show off me colours.

£40 for a shirt on a one year cycle that falls apart in the wash and isnt really appropriate to wear in any situation especially when watching the team.

i have a new found respect for the dare devils who wear their shirts with pride.

£40 for a shirt on a one year cycle that falls apart in the wash and isnt really appropriate to wear in any situation especially when watching the team.

i have a new found respect for the dare devils who wear their shirts with pride.

I do think the one year cycle is a massive piss take

If you put it inside a pillow case it won't fall apart in the wash

Archived