Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Ritchie De Laet

Well, I still think he can be a liability at times going forward, not being able to cover the back and tracking back fast enough when we're hit with a counter attack.

But that's my verdict stemming from last season, so my hope is he's worked on his defensive abilities to make himself more complete.

Yes Kingfox I saw your earlier posts, like the one where you said all his good play last year was "a fluke" and you didn't like him from the start.

You brought these replies on yourself with all your I'm fair if he plays well I say it stuff. How you can say that when two hours before you posted the above comment is laughable.

I would have ignored your post had Micky G not been getting grief from others about his comment about you.

You've actually agreed with me a few times before, whether that was one year or two years ago.

So therefore I don't go out and post shit 24/7

Col can agree with whoever he wants, and on this occasion my comment on De Laet was fair and that's what I think.

Do you want me to post, about De Laet being an awful player, he is one of the worst right backs in the Championship, and Michael Lamey was better?

No because you would just jump on me again, and call me a idiot. 

I have one concern, who else can play as right wing back in this formation?

I really can't see anyone even coming close to offering what RDL does in that role, Moore and SSL could play right back, Marshall/Knocky/Dyer could play as right wing. But none of them could play wing back.

This means that RDL is going to play every minute of every game to make this formation work, which means he is at risk of burning out, which he appeared to do final third of last season.

I really can't see anyone even coming close to offering what RDL does in that role, Moore and SSL could play right back, Marshall/Knocky/Dyer could play as right wing. But none of them could play wing back.

This means that RDL is going to play every minute of every game to make this formation work, which means he is at risk of burning out, which he appeared to do final third of last season.

Paul Gallagher  :whistle:

Moore when he came onto the scene was a predominant right-back, but we played him at centre back for a few games, and he played pretty well.

But due to him starting out at right-back I think he is more than capable as playing as a wing back, he is capable of getting forward, he is one of our faster defenders. St Ledger like Konchesky on the left-side would be too slow to play as a wing back, cracks will appear if we keep on playing Konchesky in that role in particular. 

Moore is good enough, and I really rate the lad, he has had his off games, but due to his age we are going to get that, same with Michael Keane he wasn't perfect all the time. Moore is reliable, and can adjust to different positions, he will emerge as a key player for us in the next few years I think. 

Moore when he came onto the scene was a predominant right-back, but we played him at centre back for a few games, and he played pretty well.

But due to him starting out at right-back I think he is more than capable as playing as a wing back, he is capable of getting forward, he is one of our faster defenders. St Ledger like Konchesky on the left-side would be too slow to play as a wing back, cracks will appear if we keep on playing Konchesky in that role in particular. 

Moore is good enough, and I really rate the lad, he has had his off games, but due to his age we are going to get that, same with Michael Keane he wasn't perfect all the time. Moore is reliable, and can adjust to different positions, he will emerge as a key player for us in the next few years I think. 

I really like Moore at either right back or centre back. He's big enough and quick enough to play either role successfully. But I'd say he is certainly more imposing as a centre back and being next to Morgan could help him to develop no end. The Moore-Morgan partnership was also successful at the start of last season!

it is not exactly rocket science.

De Laet loves to get forward and is at his best when doing so. He is bound to be caught in forward positions on occasions.

He needs cover when he does get caught and last season that rarely happened, hence the scares down his flank.

The new formation should give him that cover so that he can continue to get forward and cause a real threat.

Easy peasy........ :thumbup:

Heres an argument, RDL a better attacking RB than Naughton? Tough decision but De Laets pace is unreal. And he doesnt lose control of the ball as most would. Could easily become a decent right sided midfielder.

No, Naughton was still better for me. De Laet's final ball is lacking at times, and Naughton scored more goals. Naughton was just too good for this league.

as in Chris Cohen from Forest? Hes a left back/central midfielder. Maybe you mean Gunter? Whos now at Reading

As soon as I pressed 'post' I realised that.

Always have got them both mixed up.

No, Naughton was still better for me. De Laet's final ball is lacking at times, and Naughton scored more goals. Naughton was just too good for this league.

Fair point tbf. Just think De Laets pace and dribbling is very good for a RB. If he could finish and cross he wouldnt be here. As for Byram, I aint keen. Trippiers decent! Anya? Hes even quicker than De Laet. Luke Ayling at Yeovil will become a good right back. Was a youngster at Arsenal, still only 21/22

You've actually agreed with me a few times before, whether that was one year or two years ago.

So therefore I don't go out and post shit 24/7

Col can agree with whoever he wants, and on this occasion my comment on De Laet was fair and that's what I think.

Do you want me to post, about De Laet being an awful player, he is one of the worst right backs in the Championship, and Michael Lamey was better?

No because you would just jump on me again, and call me a idiot. 

Once again (conveniently) you dodge the post you made about Drinkwater.

Once again (conveniently) you dodge the post you made about Drinkwater.

I said that before he scored.

But I don't have to like Drinkwater. 

I will praise him when he plays well & I will probably rant when he plays bad.

And there's nothing wrong with that. 

• 4 weeks later...

Would be one of the hardest players in our 11 to replace in my opinion if he was to be sold, great player

I agree.

Crucial player at present. I still think he needs more help on that right side though. Plenty of times first half against Brum he had literally no-one to pass to.

The switch to 4-4-2 gave him the breather (and the outlet) he needed.

Archived