Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Ritchie De Laet

I've never understood the criticisms of his defending. 90% of goals came from Konchesky's flank last season yet DeLaet is the poor defender!

Played well again today but no better than he does in a 442

I don't either, especially considering the player he replaced never got that kind of criticism and he was out of position every 3 minutes.

Sam Byram is the best right back in the league having said that there aren't many I'd rather have instead if RDL,he made the most tackles last season I think and his defending isn't as bad as people make out either.

The way people talk about his defending you'd think he was useless. Yes he is out of position sometimes, yes he might cock up now and again... But so does every defender in the league.

He doesn't do it that much, if he did we wouldn't have had one of the best defences last year. Not forgetting people slate pretty much every defender except for Morgan.

Don't overdo it Babs.

I'm simply saying I think RDL is a better player going forward than he is an out-out-out defender.

More a wing-back than a traditional full back.

Having seen him play I believe this to be true, so was agreeing with KingFox's original post.

Don't overdo it Babs.

I'm simply saying I think RDL is a better player going forward than he is an out-out-out defender.

More a wing-back than a traditional full back.

Having seen him play I believe this to be true, so was agreeing with KingFox's original post.

Did I quote you?

Clearly stated in this thread it says he cannot defend, which is utter crap. Agreeing with Kingfox is not a good thing, the man who makes his mind up before a player kicks a ball and sticks with it as long as he can. The man who claims to be fair, and then says it's a fluke when a player he doesn't like plays well.

De Laet made a few mistakes, so did Morgan and he was out best player last year. Konch made way more than either of them as did whoever was playing alongside Morgan. Yet we still had one of the best defences.

De Laet will make mistakes, and so will the others. But this "can't defend" tag is massively unfair for someone who didn't even concede a goal down his side for a long time last year, and is a big improvement on the chump he replaced, and he didn't seem to come in for the same critisism.

Did I quote you?

Clearly stated in this thread it says he cannot defend, which is utter crap. Agreeing with Kingfox is not a good thing, the man who makes his mind up before a player kicks a ball and sticks with it as long as he can. The man who claims to be fair, and then says it's a fluke when a player he doesn't like plays well.

De Laet made a few mistakes, so did Morgan and he was out best player last year. Konch made way more than either of them as did whoever was playing alongside Morgan. Yet we still had one of the best defences.

De Laet will make mistakes, and so will the others. But this "can't defend" tag is massively unfair for someone who didn't even concede a goal down his side for a long time last year, and is a big improvement on the chump he replaced, and he didn't seem to come in for the same critisism.

I agree with you. The 'cant defend' tag is ridiculous.

:thumbup:

Agreeing with Kingfox is not a good thing, the man who makes his mind up before a player kicks a ball and sticks with it as long as he can. The man who claims to be fair, and then says it's a fluke when a player he doesn't like plays well.

:yawn:

Haven't you got anything better to do, than slag me off again.

I claim to be fair, I don't claim nothing.

I am fair, as you can see from previous posts last year. 

All of this because I slagged Drinkwater off again, go and say the same thing to the people who slag Vardy, St Ledger, Danns off. 

One pissing game today, one pissing game where he managed to score a rare goal, and people are acting like he is god again.

JUST NO.

All of this because I slagged Drinkwater off again, go and say the same thing to the people who slag Vardy, St Ledger, Danns off.

One pissing game today, one pissing game where he managed to score a rare goal, and people are acting like he is god again.

JUST NO.

You must really enjoy supporting Leicester

Name 3 other rb's in this league who you would prefer to have as our number one 

if you can't defend if your a defender then there is a problem and they should not be on the pitch and be payed thousands of pounds a week.its like a striker who cant score or a manager who can't manage its pointless having them

if you can't defend if your a defender then there is a problem and they should not be on the pitch and be payed thousands of pounds a week.its like a striker who cant score or a manager who can't manage its pointless having them

But he can defend, hence why we conceded down his side less than the left, and had a decent defence last year. You don't let in they number of goals if you have a shit right back, shit left back and a shit CB partner for Morgan.

He was our 2nd best and most consistent defender last year. We have bigger problems than him.

JUST NO.

Yes Kingfox I saw your earlier posts, like the one where you said all his good play last year was "a fluke" and you didn't like him from the start.

You brought these replies on yourself with all your I'm fair if he plays well I say it stuff. How you can say that when two hours before you posted the above comment is laughable.

I would have ignored your post had Micky G not been getting grief from others about his comment about you.

But he can defend, hence why we conceded down his side less than the left, and had a decent defence last year. You don't let in they number of goals if you have a shit right back, shit left back and a shit CB partner for Morgan.

He was our 2nd best and most consistent defender last year. We have bigger problems than him.

well the games i saw.at the ground or on tv he was poor defending but good going forward.the only time we looked good in defence was huddersfield away and he did not play

well the games i saw.at the ground or on tv he was poor defending but good going forward.the only time we looked good in defence was huddersfield away and he did not play

Sorry gotta disagree here. Yea he might make the odd mistake (but what defender doesn't) but generally he is solid best defender at the club behind Morgan ha

Well the games I saw he was absolutely fine 95% of the time.

The only time we looked good in defence was when he wasn't playing? Yes us having the best defence for the first half of the season was just a fluke then with him in the team.

Archived