Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MooseBreath

Reasons for bans and posts deletions

Hall of shame league table?1pt for a warning and 5 pts for a ban.i need to know to keep away from these ruffians,I'm easily led.

Great idea CF  :thumbup:

I'm easily led too . It's as if I was born with a fookin big ring through my nose.

My mum always told me to keep away from the bad boys but it's very hard to do if we don't know who they are.

OUT THE FORUM HOODIES !!! 

Great idea CF  :thumbup:

I'm easily led too . It's as if I was born with a fookin big ring through my nose.

My mum always told me to keep away from the bad boys but it's very hard to do if we don't know who they are.

OUT THE FORUM HOODIES !!!

Because being the more mature posters on the forum in age and mind we wouldn't ever try to get a reaction from posting silly posts to get a reaction from these trouble makers would we.

It's a ****ing forum on the internet, you're not forced to post here. The staff give up their spare time to keep the board running as volunteers. 

Don't like it? Don't use the site.

Seriously, this isn't even first world problems, it's just ridiculously tragic nerd problems. 

Because being the more mature posters on the forum in age and mind we wouldn't ever try to get a reaction from posting silly posts to get a reaction from these trouble makers would we.

The idea never crossed my mind :innocent:  

It's a ****ing forum on the internet, you're not forced to post here. The staff give up their spare time to keep the board running as volunteers. 

Seriously, this isn't even first world problems, it's just ridiculously tragic nerd problems. 

fff.mp3

Zimmer feat. Finno 'The Speech'

I think I've only ever had posts deleted for calling cvnts exactly that. To be expected but I've no idea why some people get worked up about being modded.

Hi.

I keep having posts deleted and have received a few bans lately. For example I just had a post deleted in the "Unlikely Things" thread and I've no idea why. Likewise a couple of weeks back I was posting completely innocuous comments in defense of the owners on the football forum and suddenly found myself banned again.

Any chance you could supply reasons for these deletions and constant bans?

Anyone else having the same problem?

It's a bit odd because other posters regularly post far more offensive and controversial things but appear to escape bans and deletions.

Is this a personal thing? Have I offended one of the mods in some way, and if so can you explain how?

This is supposed to be a discussion forum but if the mods are going back to the old days where they only allowed opinions that they personally agree with then I can see the place getting quite quiet.

If a mod has an issue with an opinion of mine why dont they join the discussion and put their opinion forward? That's what the forum is for isn't it? Rather than excitedly dishing out their e-power with deletions and bans.

I know what you mean some double standards going on in here.

Yesterday I posted in the puka pie thread. That I'd like to give the lady a _ _ _ _ _ pie and post deletted.

Hardly abbusive.

Yet the abbuse Nattalie Jackson got in the Morgan thread is still there.

She is accused of blowing and sha_ _ing Billy Davies and other abbusive comments about her.

Could someone please explain.

Hi.

I keep having posts deleted and have received a few bans lately. For example I just had a post deleted in the "Unlikely Things" thread and I've no idea why. Likewise a couple of weeks back I was posting completely innocuous comments in defense of the owners on the football forum and suddenly found myself banned again.

Any chance you could supply reasons for these deletions and constant bans?

Anyone else having the same problem?

It's a bit odd because other posters regularly post far more offensive and controversial things but appear to escape bans and deletions.

Is this a personal thing? Have I offended one of the mods in some way, and if so can you explain how?

This is supposed to be a discussion forum but if the mods are going back to the old days where they only allowed opinions that they personally agree with then I can see the place getting quite quiet.

If a mod has an issue with an opinion of mine why dont they join the discussion and put their opinion forward? That's what the forum is for isn't it? Rather than excitedly dishing out their e-power with deletions and bans.

There should definitely be an explanation given for bans. I've had countless bans despite not having broken a forum rule.

I've often clicked 'report' on posts where a rule has been broken - with no action taken, purely to highlight the favouritism and therefore leniency the mods/admin show to some posters, whilst I'm banned for nothing.

Still, I suppose if they ban all those who actually stand up for themselves and say something (and I know Moosebreath won't like to me lumped in with me) like Moosebreath and I, you can have your nice forum of sheep, nodding in agreement and no potential for conflict.

So if we're just having a system where the mods/admin do as they please, regardless of the forum rules, then take down the forum rules and lets have it openly stated to be what it is! 

It is a minor thing, but it does grate. Moosebreath and I should have just as much right to use the forum (providing we obey the rules like everyone has to) but it seems some posters are punished for just not agreeing with everyone else all the time or toeing the NP line.

I'll continue to be myself and when the ban invariably comes, I'll chuckle at the thought of the power trip whoever it was is on and what sort of hideous crimes/deviances/odd-fetishes that will eventually manifest itself in when banning people they don't even know for nothing has lost the 'thrill'.

Example in the 'local news' etc thread.

I've just been called a 'cvnt' because somebody disagrees with me.

In fact, I'll report it. I will bet no action will be taken, since it was aimed at me and I'm a popular target.

Water off a duck's back - but really, how is that acceptable when others get banned for very little/nothing?

You know what. I'm really fucking pissed off with all this. The forum rules are deliberately 'generous' and as such are clearly open to interpretation. Different mods will have different tolerance levels and, oddly enough, varied interpretations. I think it's fair to say we all have different things that make us squirm, therefore some mods will delete one thing while another might let it go. This forum is generally fairly tolerant but we still have the same small group of particularly vocal individuals persistently whinging and whining about how hard done by they are. 

All mods are volunteers. We aren't all sat here moderating 24/7 for your personal convenience, nor do we have the time to jointly confer on each moderating decision. Occasionally none of the moderating team are online at all - hence why some offensive posts aren't instantly deleted. Some forum members really help out by reporting such posts and bringing them to our attention; others click 'report' whenever they see something they personally disagree with. Sometimes, and I know this will come as a shock, we don't even have time to type a nice warm, fluffy explanation about why you've been moderated  (often because we know it won't stop at that one explanation as we'll then receive more grief about 'but so and so said this and didn't get moderated, I only said that..... blah blah') - sometimes we blithely assume that it will be pretty fucking obvious to all but the most obtuse or self-obsessed. :@

You're adults (in the main) although you're behaving like infants over this. The likes of TPH and Moosebreath get modded because they persistently flout the rules (ah hem, how many account? But oh no, you never break the forum rules, do you?!) - you know it, we know it. I can only assume you have far too much time on your hands to get your knickers in such a twist over your pathetic little e-personas being hauled into line occasionally. I've spent this morning writing a set of classroom rules for a primary class yet, despite their young age and immaturity, I didn't feel the need for a list of rules as clearly defined and prescriptive as it seems this forum now needs. I find it astonishing that adults seem to require such prescriptive rules because they're incapable of moderating their own posts and behaviour and accepting the occasional 'slap on the wrist' when they push it too far. 

As for all the talk of 'mods on power trips'...  I can assure you that if I was simply on a power trip many members of this site would have long since disappeared for good.

If you don't like this forum or the way it's moderated it's simple - fuck off elsewhere, because I for one am getting fed up with the daily PMs and posts bleating about individual's 'rights' and their long list of grievances. With the attitudes of a minority on here at the moment I am, quite frankly, astonished Mark even bothers to keep the forum up and running at his own expense - if iI was in his shoes I'd have long ago thought, 'you know what, fuck the lot of 'em' and pulled the plug - fortunately Mark's far more tolerant than me. 

I don't know how you put up with it AoWW  I really don't .

I grow weary just reading a few of them 

Not 5 minutes prior to this he was banging on about how the "poor little me's" of the world should stop bleating about the unfairness of everything . 

All I have to say in response is:

a) what is the point in forum rules if they are not imposed or at least not imposed equally to all? If you are admitting they are not imposed, why have them?

b) I've only ever used the report button to bring indiscretions to your attention, which I assumed was the purpose of it? If it has become an annoyance, why not remove it?

c) Why not have a warning system, with reasons for the warning etc? I take your point no debate but it would at least mean people weren't banned with no idea why, which has happened too every one of my accounts except this one which brings me on to...

d) I have multiple IDs since you were banning my accounts simply because it was me. I was never secretive about this, never blocked my IP, never used a proxy, I spoke to Mark who confirmed he was fine with me using the site which meant some mod/admin was just looking for me and banning me each time for no reason, which I have to say, to use your word, is 'pathetic'. It also means I find it a bit rich using the criticism that I have multiple accounts when you've clearly forced my hand there.

and

e) I know AoWW and consider her to be sound. She's evidently reassessed her view of myself!!! However, none of this is a personal attack on any individual, I was just commenting on an existing thread. 

f) I do like foxestalk, I've been here years, its a place to rant, to have a joke, to discuss football (sparingly), catch up on news and chat to people I've met and know IRL. All I'm saying is over zealous moderating against people such as Moosebreath and I (and there will be others) is a bit silly. Why bother? If you don't like us, put us on ignore? Can't get all power crazy and ban us, just because you don't like us!

In response:

a) I suggest you re-read my Paragraph 1. 

b) The report function is only an annoyance when people use it in an attempt at petty point scoring - it's the playground 'dobbing' mentality. The vast majority of posters who the report button do so in a helpful and responsible way. 

c) We do have a warning system, that works in just the way you describe. I imagine you were banned for your blatant WUMing and the number of duplicate accounts you have had (which the forum rules clearly state are a 'no-no'). 

d) I can't really comment as I haven't banned you or been privy to your conversation with Mark. Why did you keep creating new accounts if Mark had said he was ok with you posting? Presumably he'd have just reinstated your TPH account? :dunno: 

e) Likewise, it's nothing personal - my post wasn't all about you, although you seem to have assumed it was. 

f) Ah, there's the old 'power-crazy' thing again. Perhaps posters need to take a little more time to consider why they might have been modded in the first place rather than jumping on their high-horse and bleating about 'not being liked'. I'm also a little surprised at your unswerving loyalty to Moosebreath when you won't actually have seen most of his deleted posts, so you're hardly in a position to judge. :unsure: 

I'm not loyal to moose breath, but he is clearly someone who feels similarly like I do, in the dark about some indiscretions.

I believe moose breath has actually made some nasty comments about me in the past, but as with everything else, water off a duck's back

I didn't assume it was all about me, but you posted not long after I'd had my say and I assumed it was at least partly addressed to myself as a member of FT and indeed a contributor to this thread.

I am now posting under TPH name after mark reinstated it. This is the best solution for all.

I can't help noticing  that the 2 posters voicing the most strident  criticism against anyone claiming to be victims of social injustice in the real world  are the most strident in claiming to be victims of injustice on a relatively insignificant forum .

I can't help noticing  that the 2 posters voicing the most strident  criticism against anyone claiming to be victims of social injustice in the real world  are the most strident in claiming to be victims of injustice on a relatively insignificant forum .

I'd claim that one is the result of another. 

Being reasonably outspoken has meant that my card is marked. 

So be it.

Archived