Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Cost of away tickets

I decided to take my foster son to his first game (he is 5 years old) this weekend. We bought 2 adult tickets for £29 each which I think is outrageous, however I thought we might get some sort of deal for such a young child. No chance, £16.50 for him!

I don't I know what you think but I feel it is such a rip off.Thoughts?

While we fans keep paying these extortionate sums they'll keep punt in up the prices.

Easier said than done but you should have said no thanks not at those prices and walked out.

If you're prepared to pay it, don't moan about it.

If you're using that logic then neither should rail passengers or car drivers.

I think it's a discrase and pure profiteering from Derby for not having different bands for children.

What if you want to go and are prepared to pay the £29 for the game but you've got a child. Either leave them at home for hours on end (which you can't do) or pay the £16.50 begrudgingly and try to raise some awareness about this. Plus shame Derby at the same time.

If you're using that logic then neither should rail passengers or car drivers.

I think it's a discrase and pure profiteering from Derby for not having different bands for children.

What if you want to go and are prepared to pay the £29 for the game but you've got a child. Either leave them at home for hours on end (which you can't do) or pay the £16.50 begrudgingly and try to raise some awareness about this. Plus shame Derby at the same time.

Well not really, people need to use cars and trains to earn a living. Totally different.

Well not really, people need to use cars and trains to earn a living. Totally different.

Bikes? Walking? Long distance jobs are different yes. I think we are the only club to offer a different price category for infants.

Derby away for a first game is a bit of an iffy one though.

Bikes? Walking? Long distance jobs are different yes. I think we are the only club to offer a different price category for infants.

Derby away for a first game is a bit of an iffy one though.

My first game to Derby was when I was about 8. Never had any trouble there. To be fair, I've not experienced a lot of trouble anywhere I've gone.

What about the second point I made? What would you do for that?

In the 70s and early 80s you only went to away games if you were prepared to fight. Football is in a much better state for the majority of people now who just want to go to watch their team without having to fight to do it. £29 might be extortionate to most but the majority of people that go to away games now wouldn't have that luxury 30-40 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKoYjOGOzXQ

Nothing happens at away games anymore...unless you act like a total **** of course.

I can remember being at forest for the 2-2- under sven, after the game 4 forest fans (probably 30s - 40s) who were clearly all drunk came up to us and asked if we were leicester fans, to which we answered yes.

All they did was insult our 'Multi-cultural' city and said 'you will go up this season'.

I think the football league should make all clubs adhere to a policy such as our own, under 8's(i know we have now increased to u10's) but let's stick with under 8's should all be free when with a paying adult.

For both home and away fans, across the whole 3 divisions run by the football league.

I know most clubs run it for home fans, but would it really kill them to offer the same to visiting supporters.

On a more general point, I see there's a group looking to get a football supporters rail card introduced, this would really help supporters who wish to travel by train, if they can bring the cost down, knowing you are a regular user.

My first game to Derby was when I was about 8. Never had any trouble there. To be fair, I've not experienced a lot of trouble anywhere I've gone.

What about the second point I made? What would you do for that?

Well it can go one of two ways can't it?!

Personally speaking, I'd never moan about something I've got to pay if it's not a necessity, because you have the choice don't you.

Going Derby away is not a necessity. Getting to work to provide for a family is.

Well it can go one of two ways can't it?!

Personally speaking, I'd never moan about something I've got to pay if it's not a necessity, because you have the choice don't you.

Going Derby away is not a necessity. Getting to work to provide for a family is.

I don't have to have a car but I do complain about the VED and the cost of fuel/insurance.

So you don't complain about things that you like doing which are getting horrendously expensive? Never complained about the cost of a pint in a bar or the price of an away ticket?

Taking my two boys to Derby on Saturday, has cost me £124!!

And that is before i even start with a drinks...food...matchday program......ouch  :o !

Exactly. Or fuel to get there.

Archived