Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

What would make you set up a 'protest club?'

118 members have voted

1. 1. The final straw?

• Liquidation of existing club
    • Relocation outside of Leicestershire
    • Non sponsor related name change (Leicester Foxes)
    • Corporate name change (Leicester Red Bull)
    • Colour change
    • Excessive ticket prices
    • Degradation of fan culture

I consider myself a tolerant sort of fellow, but the club lost me as a regular when the admission price hit the 10 shilling mark .

That was my line in the sand.

I didn't actually form a protest club though , I just did a lot of moaning, (and so did the missus who now had to put up with me every Saturday) 

Liquidation and basically the club's end being a foreseeable possibility. 

On a side note I really do feel for Coventry City fans, it's never ever nice to see a football club cease from existence, and must

be an absolutely gut-wrenching feeling. 

It's not a breakaway club that's needed, its breakaway governing body that would be great in concept. Imagine a league with only one year contracts, an affordable wage cap, with a regional bias on players. In reality it wouldn't happen, as who would sign up?

I voted for Red Bull Leicester as well.

I'd be sickened if what happened to SV Austria Salzburg were to be replicated here.

The Red Bull company bought the club on 6 April 2005 and rebranded it. After the takeover, Red Bull changed the club's name, management, and staff, declaring "this is a new club with no history." Red Bull initially claimed on the club website that the club was founded in 2005, but was ordered to remove this claim by the Austrian F.A. The new authority removed all trace of violet from the club logo and the team now play in the colours of red and white, to the consternation of much of the club's traditional support.[19] A small pair of wings form the motif of the new club crest, displayed on the team jersey, in accordance with Red Bull's commercial slogan at the time: "It gives you wings." This complete re-branding of the team proved very similar to Red Bull's treatment of its two Formula One racing teams, Red Bull Racing andScuderia Toro Rosso. However, Red Bull would not completely follow this precedent when it acquired the MetroStars club in Major League Soccer in the United States; while it rebranded the team as the New York Red Bulls, it chose to recognise the MetroStars' history.

We won't go red. Our owners aren't idiots. Contrary to some opinion, most Thais understand the the importance of our history and heritage.

Leicester are pretty well known in Thailand; people know Izzet and Heskey. Nobody knows Cardiff, which is probably why they found it easier to alter the history. But we'll be fine.

We won't go red. Our owners aren't idiots. Contrary to some opinion, most Thais understand the the importance of our history and heritage.

Leicester are pretty well known in Thailand; people know Izzet and Heskey. Nobody knows Cardiff, which is probably why they found it easier to alter the history. But we'll be fine.

Nobody knows Cardiff ( the capital city of Wales ) but they know Leicester ?

Archived