Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sykes999

More atmosphere

Because an adult alone can't buy a ticket. The answer is simple. Everyone who wants to sing, move to the kop.

Iv'e never understood why L1 ers have to be 'up the noses' of opposition support.

Because away fans usually help create the atmosphere, easy to bounce songs to and from the home and away fans. With the Kop being so far away from away fans it's not that easy to hear them and respond to them etc...

Also as a 20 year old I like to get involved in the atmosphere. Never really start any songs or anything, mainly because I sit in the Kop and not sure it's even worth trying to start a song as no one seems to get involved. Absolutely love it away from home though

Same story for most clubs, away fans more intent on creating an atmosphere, having a day out etc... Whereas at home you get more people expecting to be entertained, waiting for something to happen rather than trying to encourage the players.

Because away fans usually help create the atmosphere, easy to bounce songs to and from the home and away fans. With the Kop being so far away from away fans it's not that easy to hear them and respond to them etc...

Also as a 20 year old I like to get involved in the atmosphere. Never really start any songs or anything, mainly because I sit in the Kop and not sure it's even worth trying to start a song as no one seems to get involved. Absolutely love it away from home though

Same story for most clubs, away fans more intent on creating an atmosphere, having a day out etc... Whereas at home you get more people expecting to be entertained, waiting for something to happen rather than trying to encourage the players.

Very good post pal,

Maybe come up to the back of the kop sk1 next match, (there's empty seats) we always try to get behind the team and could do with a few more like minded souls!

Agreed about the Boro night.

I was recently on holiday in Copenhagen on hols, i went to watch FC Copenhagen in a league game. 13,000 fans. Fantastic atmosphere, their 'singing section' literally sang for 90mins. Other areas of the ground often joined in. The crowd was a mix of blokes/ families / couples not much different from down City.

Main difference, they could all stand if they wanted to (and most did) and they could drink in the stands (and most did).

Yes it's down to the fans to make the atmosphere but the club could help.

Designate the family stand as the kop and make it a stand where you can go where you like, seat numbers would not be issued. Then the singing fans are more likely to congregate together.

This has been suggested by many over the years but you need the club to do it.

Oh yeah, and get rid of the drum. It leads to repetitive, mundane, boring chants. Some of you say it would be worse without it. No, think back, filbert street and L1 before the drum were much better than what we have now.

I too have seen Copenhagen recently. It's a great atmosphere, essentially 3 or 4 blokes at the front of the the singing section rarely looking at the pitch and orchestrating the singing with a megaphone. I guess it's a slightly different football culture, where the club acknowledge that the fans can create their own atmosphere instead of playing Rhianna at 1000 decibels right up until kick off.

Make L1 over 18's only and kick out all the families that have diluted L1..

Ive noticed quite a big change in l1 already this season. Its definitely got a bit older and there are definitely now more 'lads' for want of w better word. I say this despite now having two 10 year olds next to me. They loved it and were joining in with the singing etc. i was abit worried as to how theyd react with the crowd suges when we score but they loved that too. Much prefer them than some of the people in there last season. Fair play to them.

G

et yourself over to L then?

I think one of the problems is that the club drown out any potential pre-match atmosphere with awful music. I mean, what's with Chelsea Dagger returning as one of the final songs before the players enter? CHELSEA Dagger! it's one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever heard.

Pre-match all I can think about is that apparently Thailand always amazes you, I fancy a Singha Beer, I'd like to fly Air Asia one day and when I do I must remember to use the duty free shop at Bangkok airport.

The club are very out of touch with what the fans want and what it takes to improve the atmosphere.

G

et yourself over to L then?

Bit late now, season tickets in kop. Also my mum has a season ticket next to me, she's not so like minded about singing etc... Although she did say she loved sheff weds away last year!

Thing is with being able to renew the prices in the kop made sense to have season tickets there. Also gave it a chance as in general the home atmosphere was improving towards the end of last season I thought? Games like Birmingham at home, Bolton at home, Watford at home...

Anyway bit late for me to do anything about it now!

I think one of the problems is that the club drown out any potential pre-match atmosphere with awful music. I mean, what's with Chelsea Dagger returning as one of the final songs before the players enter? CHELSEA Dagger! it's one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever heard.

Pre-match all I can think about is that apparently Thailand is always amazes you, I fancy a Singha Beer, I'd like to fly Air Asia one day and when I must remember to use the duty free shop at Bangkok airport.

The club are very out of touch with what the fans want and what it takes to improve the atmosphere.

You can hear the pre match music blasting out from Welford road, where as in the good old days all you could hear were the fans, even 30mins before KO, As teenagers we used walk in the Kop at 2.40 and have the hairs stand on the back of my neck. That was 20 years ago, footballs moved on with time, it will never be the same. We used to have a family stand, now the whole stadium(other the L/K and J) is spread out with familys. I'm now in the family stand with my kids and the kids in there do give it ago, but dosent quite give the same effect.

Pre-match all I can think about is that apparently Thailand is always amazes you, I fancy a Singha Beer, I'd like to fly Air Asia one day and when I must remember to use the duty free shop at Bangkok airport.

I agree. Man Utd recently tried out having nothing played over the PA in the 5 minutes leading up to Kick Off. I've heard from a few of their fans that although it might take a while for people to use this opportunity to start chants going, it did help the atmosphere initially and at the start of the game.

I'm part of the FCC and am going to ask whether this is a possibility.

Archived