Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sykes999

More atmosphere

they dont help but what did the club do differently at filbert street? a ground can help an atmosphere. yes. but at the end of the day it comes down to the fans they make the noise. nothings stopping them leaving there phones in there pockets thing is as much as we all say we want it to be improved it seems half the people that go to the football these days never seem like they actually want to be "at the football" (if that makes sense) and cant be bothered to get involved.

Everything, first of all they put the family stand next to the away fans and the kop nowhere near the away section this would have a big impact overall on the atmosphere... yes we do have L block which is the main singing section but there is hardly 1000 standing every match and like you say some fans seem like they don't really want to be there.

Pre match music doesn't help either, the drum? and the songs we sing are just rushed and die out after 1 or 2 replays.. take note of Leeds I think they sang one song for about 15-20 minutes whiles ours last few mins at the most, plus loads of other stuff.

Attract more 18 to 30 year olds who tend to be the more vocal of fans

Unreserved seating areas would get fans in earlier and allow those groups of friends who can't all make it to every game to congregate together.

Let it snow in leicester every week and get 8k who really want to be there having bust a gut, leg, ankle in the snow.

:-)

that was an amazing night! just goes to show you dont need a full house for an atmosphere just the right attitude. 

Sing WYS at a normal pace of people can join in and like it is the clubs Anthem. People should sing it before the game also. 

Adding more songs to the book would also be a good idea, as would singing appropriate songs as Konch is a blue and hates forest isn't really that relevant  or useful when playing Burton in the cup for example.

Failing that all hold hands and do a poznan come mexican wave thing (we could call it the snake) or maybe just copy a few more songs off Palace for originality.

Also amazed that now famous hull vid hasn't appeared yet.

YOUR GETTING MAULED By THE FOXES!!!

that was an amazing night! just goes to show you dont need a full house for an atmosphere just the right attitude.

Agreed about the Boro night.

I was recently on holiday in Copenhagen on hols, i went to watch FC Copenhagen in a league game. 13,000 fans. Fantastic atmosphere, their 'singing section' literally sang for 90mins. Other areas of the ground often joined in. The crowd was a mix of blokes/ families / couples not much different from down City.

Main difference, they could all stand if they wanted to (and most did) and they could drink in the stands (and most did).

Yes it's down to the fans to make the atmosphere but the club could help.

Designate the family stand as the kop and make it a stand where you can go where you like, seat numbers would not be issued. Then the singing fans are more likely to congregate together.

This has been suggested by many over the years but you need the club to do it.

Oh yeah, and get rid of the drum. It leads to repetitive, mundane, boring chants. Some of you say it would be worse without it. No, think back, filbert street and L1 before the drum were much better than what we have now.

what annoys me is i know we can create an atmosphere at the kp playoff against watford at home proved that just dont understand why we need the playoffs as an excuse. feel sorry for the youth of today not getting that buzz when you walk up to your seats and learning the passion for your team from the young age not the moaning and booing and silence of today.

The game did show what kind of atmosphere we can create, even Troy Deeney said it was the best ground and atmosphere he has played in.

The problem we have, is the same problem almost all clubs have nowadays, and inability to get up for the 'lesser matches'.

From what i have seen this season, all sides have struggled creating atmospheres, all the games i have seen of tv, even at cardiff for example, have been relatively quiet

....welcome to modern day football.

Pre-match, half-time and full-time songs could be a massive help to increase noise and singing in my opinion. Watched a video of Man City fans singing their hearts out at Oasis - Wonderwall after they'd beat United, sounded unbelievable.

Archived