Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ACF

Unconfirmed Reports...

Well it's still exciting to me, because it's Leicester City FC and just following the club is exciting. 

I don't care if we were linked with big names like Owen and Beckham (don't even like him anyway), would there heart be in the club or would they just take the money? Sorry but I don't care that we don't sell many shirts in another country, if five local kids buy a shirt then we've done just as well.

My hope and excitement just comes from supporting the club. I hope we can make the top 6 again, I hope we can get promoted. Surely you get excited with the fact we are a club that challenges again, not a boring mid table club anymore? Some of our greatest players ever weren't big names, but they brought every connected to the club great and exciting times (look at some of the great players we got from lower leagues - Guppy, Elliot, Lennon, Savage etc).

I'm not talking mainly on MON'S signing but we didn't get many boring games under MON did we? 

I'm not talking mainly on MON'S signing but we didn't get many boring games under MON did we?

Sometimes.

Lost 1-0 at home to Wimbledon on a Monday night, still probably the worst game I have ever seen.

Not surprised if true. Who goes to an airport with the intention of buying replica football kit? No-one, that's who. I imagine they only really put it there to remind the local flying classes of their international business prominence. Their ownership of this club is 100% a branding exercise. This could be good, or bad, depending on how you see things.

As an aside we're pretty well known in Thailand. They're crazy for the Premier League over there so they remember us from the O'Neil days. Whether King Power ownership has increased support for us I don't know. Probably not by much. The championship is not as well followed by a long shot.

Oh we did, as Matt said the match against Wimbledon, we seemed to struggle to a crap defeat at home to Derby every season, his first few home games were pretty shit.

Just that his memorable games were very memorable.

We were known as "Boring Boring Leicester", looking back we were probably the Stoke of that time, but we couldn't see it as we were winning loads.

I've stated this when I've heard Leicester fans stating that they hated the Stoke City brand of hoofball under Pulis.

We were the new Wimbledon in many ways, then we were replaced by Stoke. We had average to decent players, that fitted and played in a effective system. Us Vs Wimbeldon was always going to be a dreadful game of football. 

On the flip side though, like others have said, a Martin O'Neill Leicester team created some brilliant drama. The game 3-3 against Arsenal is still my personal favorite. 

Worst game ever though .... surely Ukraine / Switzerland at the WC in 2006 ...... even the peno shootout was dire.

You'd think so wouldn't you but it's actually a pen holder. The bottom isn't flat so it annoyingly rocks around and the fox's head is on a spring, hours of fun.

Wait? it's a bobble head pen holder? Sweet - they need to get that over here, bobble heads are ****ing awesome.

Archived