Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

The death of FFP . Bosmans lawyer in court tomorrow !

It would appear that it could be considered a restraint of trade and that when challenged may lead to its (FFP's) downfall. To be honest, it seems to just lock in the power of the big clubs and keep everyone else down. 

fvck it i say, let clubs sort themselves out, this is not big brothers job to tell an owner how much he/she can afford. Mansour and Abramovich are examples of buying the league.

The question is, would you take 10 years of Abramovich style ownership, with all its premierships, superstars and european football, with the knowledge that one day he will walk away and your club might go broke?

FFP or not, the way our club has turned around is a credit to everyone involved. If we need to buy a few in January, we definitely will have the leg room now, and we're still picking up valuable points.

It would appear that it could be considered a restraint of trade and that when challenged may lead to its (FFP's) downfall. To be honest, it seems to just lock in the power of the big clubs and keep everyone else down.

fvck it i say, let clubs sort themselves out, this is not big brothers job to tell an owner how much he/she can afford. Mansour and Abramovich are examples of buying the league.

The question is, would you take 10 years of Abramovich style ownership, with all its premierships, superstars and european football, with the knowledge that one day he will walk away and your club might go broke?

The simple answer is to bring in a something that means that owners can not load a club with debt. The can put in what they want but to be allowed to walk away after playing with their toy, satisfying their ego or what ever their interest is.

In answer to your question I don't think so, I for one was never happy with SGE's spending and the issues it could cause and has. Success should bring its own rewards and wealthy owners can put in as much finding as they like, simple really

Guest MattP

The simple answer is to bring in a something that means that owners can not load a club with debt. The can put in what they want but to be allowed to walk away after playing with their toy, satisfying their ego it what ever their interest is.

In answer to your question I don't think so, I for won was never happy with SGE's spending and the issues it could cause and has. Success should bring its own rewards and wealthy owners can put in as much finding as they like, simple really

This is absolutely spot on.

Making owners actually pay off debt rather than loading it on clubs for their own benefit would have ten times more efficient than FFP.

This is absolutely spot on.

Making owners actually pay off debt rather than loading it on clubs for their own benefit would have ten times more efficient than FFP.

So would you allow owners to invest provided it wasn't a debt-creating investment, ie a gift not a loan?

So would you allow owners to invest provided it wasn't a debt-creating investment, ie a gift not a loan?

Sounds like a better appoarch than presant, at the very minimum any "investment" should be guaranteed, a return from profits would not be an issue but to continue as it is is madness.

Guest MattP

I think I would actually now, that seem's far better than a sytem than where Man Utd etc have a so much bigger advantage over everyone else in this current warped form of FFP.

It's done now obviously but having rules where 2nd tier clubs with yearly incomes of 10million being allowed to rack up 10 times that debt is just absurd.

It's a tough one because what Chelsea have 'achieved' would be extremely enjoyable, but there's something seriously inauthentic about the whole thing. The obscene prices, the corporate atmosphere, the amount of wasted money, the amount of wasted talent, the circus regarding managers etc...

The Chelsea 'project' is one of the worst things to happen in English football in my lifetime.

The way I see it - yes, I'd love us to win what they have, but at the same time, I really think people need to see that there isn't only two ways of running a club.

My point is a lot strike me as seeing what Leicester do as 'unambitious', is it unambitious or is it just prudent?

It is not impossible to be successful without heavy backing, although admittedly it'd be short-lived.

It's a tough one because what Chelsea have 'achieved' would be extremely enjoyable, but there's something seriously inauthentic about the whole thing. The obscene prices, the corporate atmosphere, the amount of wasted money, the amount of wasted talent, the circus regarding managers etc...

The Chelsea 'project' is one of the worst things to happen in English football in my lifetime.

The way I see it - yes, I'd love us to win what they have, but at the same time, I really think people need to see that there isn't only two ways of running a club.

My point is a lot strike me as seeing what Leicester do as 'unambitious', is it unambitious or is it just prudent?

It is not impossible to be successful without heavy backing, although admittedly it'd be short-lived.

I totally agree. I'd love us to be that successful but for me its more about the journey than the destination. Doing it steadily and by doing other things than throwing money at it is what I want to see. Seeing academy players like Moore doing well is far more exciting than signing a big time Charlie on ludicrous wages for me.

If we could model ourselves on any club I think Swansea would be a good shout

Alot of sense Dan and Foxfanazer .....

There is something a little bit fake about the shortcut that vast sums of money gives ..... Would it be as enjoyable as the journey of organically growing a club?? Probably not.

Is it actually possible to organically grow a club though when so many are heavily invested in???? 

Chelsea wouldn't be my choice of clubs to support if i weren't a LCFC fan .... But Man City's rise from the 3rd teir of football must have been really great as a supporter!!! And seems much less "fake".

I totally agree. I'd love us to be that successful but for me its more about the journey than the destination. Doing it steadily and by doing other things than throwing money at it is what I want to see. Seeing academy players like Moore doing well is far more exciting than signing a big time Charlie on ludicrous wages for me.

If we could model ourselves on any club I think Swansea would be a good shout

The journey to the Premier League will be better than the Premier League itself.

I can honestly see the Premier League being a massive disappointment. It'll be class at first but I wouldn't be surprised if it quickly got dull.

Alot of sense Dan and Foxfanazer .....

There is something a little bit fake about the shortcut that vast sums of money gives ..... Would it be as enjoyable as the journey of organically growing a club?? Probably not.

Is it actually possible to organically grow a club though when so many are heavily invested in???? 

Chelsea wouldn't be my choice of clubs to support if i weren't a LCFC fan .... But Man City's rise from the 3rd teir of football must have been really great as a supporter!!! And seems much less "fake".

Man City's rise to the Premier League was impressive, but their rise to the top is the least they should've achieved and I'd say for what them and Chelsea have spent in the last few years, they've actually both under-achieved as clubs.

Foxfanzer says it - Swansea. They're the club anyone outside the top flight needs to look at as the model. They're like a smaller Dortmund IMO. They hit the absolute shit only ten years back and they've ripped it up and started again. They have a chairman who has a philosophy on the game himself and has made managerial appointments to fit it - they've improved their youth system no end, they've bounced back from every setback (ie, losing managers and players) and they're still hammering Valencia away in Europe, and this is Swansea City, they are not a bigger club than us and I don't care what anyone says here, they have nailed it and are set to achieve this for years to come.

The problem with Swansea is it won't get them as high as the top and why? Because you have clubs like Chelsea. Maybe it's harsh to single Chelsea out here, but the top clubs will constantly halt the progression simply because they'll snap up anyone decent as soon as possible rather than trying to develop anything themselves. It's the Premier League summed up actually - Swansea are one of the only clubs in the league who focus on the long-term and that's why they will consistently come above sides like Sunderland and Newcastle despite being smaller, despite spending less.

They're the model and we ought to do all we can to follow it.

I remember Leicester City being touted as the club to model yourself on when we rose from the precipice that was tier 3 to consecutive top 10 PL status on what was virtually a shoestring budget and definitely within our means with Brian little and MON but it didn't last long and before you could blink we became the club to hate who cheated their way back to the PL after the disaster that was the Taylor/Elsom combo.

it takes very little to plunge a club down to the depths of the FL.

I remember Leicester City being touted as the club to model yourself on when we rose from the precipice that was tier 3 to consecutive top 10 PL status on what was virtually a shoestring budget and definitely within our means with Brian little and MON but it didn't last long and before you could blink we became the club to hate who cheated their way back to the PL after the disaster that was the Taylor/Elsom combo.

it takes very little to plunge a club down to the depths of the FL.

True ... I remember Curbishley being on MOTD and saying "we need to do a Leicester" ... it used to be quite a popular statement in those days!!!

A bit like "the likes of Barnsley" is now!!!

True ... I remember Curbishley being on MOTD and saying "we need to do a Leicester" ... it used to be quite a popular statement in those days!!!

A bit like "the likes of Barnsley" is now!!!

It was that popular that when it al went tits up the away fans liked to chant it, now that hurt

Agree with the luxury tax idea.

If the club spends more than it's revenue, it should be taxed say 20% on every pound above, and that money is pooled and redistributed to every club that stayed within the correct spending.

Leicester weren't as well ran as Swansea are today.

Even Sousa managed to do relatively well at Swansea lol

Because he was an appointment of a manager in the mould of the previous manager and the one after him ..... The Chairman has decided he wants to play passing football so appoints managers with the same philosophy ... Then they can make improvements to the previous squad and not threw everything away and start again.

We really haven't sussed this and appoint the complete antithesis of a manager everytime we get rid of one.

Archived