Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
roversred

The likes of Doncaster

Do you know as a Donny fan reading some of your comments i'm simply flabbergasted by some of the attitude towards us and your own team,,,,Forgive me for thinking we played Leicester City on Saturday when it was obviously Real Madrid judgeing by some of the patronising comments...

Now I know you think your a huge club and you are..Your certainly A LOT bigger than us i'm happy to concede but the bottom line Ladies and Gentleman is that wether you like it or not we have been in the same league as you for 4 out of the last 5 seasons and to everybody else your looked on as a middle of the road Championship team because that's what your recent history is and you haven't yet earned the right to be classed as anything else.....

We played Burnley last week,matched there formation and they were too good...We changed it round on Saturday and although you are a better team than us,our tacticts were better,we had a bit of luck but that's football,but your 3rd???? So why you have to totally lambast your own team because they were beaten on the day is frankly Laughable,i would have thought that you would be delighted at the start...

You look at us and think crap Donny rovers before a ball is even kicked...but if you would have looked you would have seen weve played 7 out of the top 9 so far and are just below mid table....So we cant be that bad and that doesn't include the game at Charlton when we were 3-1 up before it was abandoned..

Sometimes its not just that you played below par but that the opposition did a good job and it didn't go your way....I actually had a good laugh and banter with some of your fans in the pub before the game which is what its all about and it was a top following your brought so fair play and I hope you do well...

And for those who are suicidal about losing to the likes of Doncaster...get a bloody grip......

I will now put my tin hat on.....lol

Unfortunately you've fallen into the trap of being wound up by some of our special needs fans, them feeling the special need to come on here and post nonsense shortly after we lose.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if I were you.

I've tried not to come on here since Saturday for that very reason. All in all I think our fans get worried by the slight lack of tactical nous and reliance on hoofball football which is understandable but then there are a few morons who take things a bit far. 

Well done to you guys for getting your tactics right on Saturday. None of your team will ever be accused of not giving 100% with Dickov in charge!

Do you know as a Donny fan reading some of your comments i'm simply flabbergasted by some of the attitude towards us and your own team,,,,Forgive me for thinking we played Leicester City on Saturday when it was obviously Real Madrid judgeing by some of the patronising comments...

Now I know you think your a huge club and you are..Your certainly A LOT bigger than us i'm happy to concede but the bottom line Ladies and Gentleman is that wether you like it or not we have been in the same league as you for 4 out of the last 5 seasons and to everybody else your looked on as a middle of the road Championship team because that's what your recent history is and you haven't yet earned the right to be classed as anything else.....

We played Burnley last week,matched there formation and they were too good...We changed it round on Saturday and although you are a better team than us,our tacticts were better,we had a bit of luck but that's football,but your 3rd???? So why you have to totally lambast your own team because they were beaten on the day is frankly Laughable,i would have thought that you would be delighted at the start...

You look at us and think crap Donny rovers before a ball is even kicked...but if you would have looked you would have seen weve played 7 out of the top 9 so far and are just below mid table....So we cant be that bad and that doesn't include the game at Charlton when we were 3-1 up before it was abandoned..

Sometimes its not just that you played below par but that the opposition did a good job and it didn't go your way....I actually had a good laugh and banter with some of your fans in the pub before the game which is what its all about and it was a top following your brought so fair play and I hope you do well...

And for those who are suicidal about losing to the likes of Doncaster...get a bloody grip......

I will now put my tin hat on..... lol

But we did play below par, and our fvcking keeper dropped it in our net, and you were 18th.

It's not like you've got a squad that the league fears and you tore us apart is it? You're a lower midtable team who got a flukey win against an underperforming side who have realistic hopes of being in the play-offs.

I'm not sure why fans of smaller clubs always have a chip on their shoulder about rival fans stating the obvious.

Excuse us for being disappointed with a disappointing result.

Don't think it's just you...Every single team we beat says its there worst performance of the season.... lol

To be fair though, we weren't great.

I still have no idea why we kept hoofing it up to our strikers against the mountain that is Rob Jones. He won absolutely everything! We lacked real ideas and creativity on Saturday and it was disappointing to see.

Donny got the lucky goal and worked hard to keep a clean sheet, so fair cop.

Obviousley you weren't at your best,your obviously a lot better team than you showed Saturday else you wouldn't be 3rd...I have to agree with the hoof ball comments at least...I commented at HT that as long as you just kept lumping it forward we were laughing,last thing we wanted was you running at Jones on the floor like what Burnley did...result penalty....And strangely you did but that was a lot to do with how hard our front lads worked to make defenders hit it long.....

I have to agree with literally every thing you just wrote mate. I don't know where this Huge club superiority comes from. We have been out of the prem for 10 years. I was 14 the last time we played in the prem. Think says it all really. 

Spot on Rovers Red. 

Obviousley you weren't at your best,your obviously a lot better team than you showed Saturday else you wouldn't be 3rd...I have to agree with the hoof ball comments at least...I commented at HT that as long as you just kept lumping it forward we were laughing,last thing we wanted was you running at Jones on the floor like what Burnley did...result penalty....And strangely you did but that was a lot to do with how hard our front lads worked to make defenders hit it long.....

Some as you say think we are better than we are.

We have not played many top sides as of yet but still seem to struggle a little.

Scoring in open play is a problem and we seem to need penalties to save ourselves.

So far we have been a little lucky and the defeat to you will be a shake up.

Great being in the top 6 but don't mean we are playing well at all.

2-1 most weeks says it all really nice wins but not really doing it as some of our fans seem to think we are.

The problem that is hitting you and will always hurt us is the parachute money..There are so many teams getting millions extra even if you are a big club you can struggle to compete....

Like I say I have no problem with disappointment Christ as a Rovers fan going down to the conference I've experienced more than most...But the reaction to it is more than ott by some..

Our player scored your only goal.

You were lucky to get the win in a game that should have been at least a draw.

You are two bob, your stadium is more  than half empty and your atmosphere is shit, granted ours is not the best either at times.

Be thankful you got three points because overall your play did not deserve it, and yes, Richie Wellens is past his sell by date for the Championship sadly.

Well if you were just basing it on that one match I could reply with...

1,Your keepers rubbish

2,Your a long ball hoof it outfit with no plan b

Easy to say a lot of things about one game...but my club means as much to me as it does to any of you and its attitudes like that which make you look a bit of daft..You can have your superior complex...god knows what you will say if you lose to a second divison club in the cup... lol

Well if you were just basing it on that one match I could reply with...

1,Your keepers rubbish

2,Your a long ball hoof it outfit with no plan b

Easy to say a lot of things about one game...but my club means as much to me as it does to any of you and its attitudes like that which make you look a bit of daft..You can have your superior complex...god knows what you will say if you lose to a second divison club in the cup... lol

Which is why we're saying it's our worst performance of the season....

Now I know you think your a huge club and you are..Your certainly A LOT bigger than us i'm happy to concede but the bottom line Ladies and Gentleman is that wether you like it or not we have been in the same league as you for 4 out of the last 5 seasons and to everybody else your looked on as a middle of the road Championship team because that's what your recent history is and you haven't yet earned the right to be classed as anything else.....

I will now put my tin hat on.....lol

Spot on but please don't mistake all Leicester fans for some of the fools on here. Well done on the win by the way. Good luck for the rest of the season, I'd like to see Dickov do well

Edit: Don't get me wrong I am disappointed by the result and the manner of it but some of the criticism is so OTT after the run of results we've been on.

Archived