Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
roversred

The likes of Doncaster

Do you know as a Donny fan reading some of your comments i'm simply flabbergasted by some of the attitude towards us and your own team,,,,Forgive me for thinking we played Leicester City on Saturday when it was obviously Real Madrid judgeing by some of the patronising comments...

Now I know you think your a huge club and you are..Your certainly A LOT bigger than us i'm happy to concede but the bottom line Ladies and Gentleman is that wether you like it or not we have been in the same league as you for 4 out of the last 5 seasons and to everybody else your looked on as a middle of the road Championship team because that's what your recent history is and you haven't yet earned the right to be classed as anything else.....

We played Burnley last week,matched there formation and they were too good...We changed it round on Saturday and although you are a better team than us,our tacticts were better,we had a bit of luck but that's football,but your 3rd???? So why you have to totally lambast your own team because they were beaten on the day is frankly Laughable,i would have thought that you would be delighted at the start...

You look at us and think crap Donny rovers before a ball is even kicked...but if you would have looked you would have seen weve played 7 out of the top 9 so far and are just below mid table....So we cant be that bad and that doesn't include the game at Charlton when we were 3-1 up before it was abandoned..

Sometimes its not just that you played below par but that the opposition did a good job and it didn't go your way....I actually had a good laugh and banter with some of your fans in the pub before the game which is what its all about and it was a top following your brought so fair play and I hope you do well...

And for those who are suicidal about losing to the likes of Doncaster...get a bloody grip......

I will now put my tin hat on..... lol

You should post more often.Too many Leicester fans have delusions of grandeur.

I do hate the word 'tinpot'. And I hate this attitude of comparing attendences which some people seem to do.

Some teams are bigger than others, we have sides in our division that have represented England in Europe before for example, but at the end of the day, we are all in the same league. I do hate the great 'big club' debate.

I hope you lot stay up anyway, I like Doncaster Rovers, nice little ground which I've been to four times now, very accommodating and I obviously have a lot of respect for your current manager.

You've got such a tinpot attitude

Do you know as a Donny fan reading some of your comments i'm simply flabbergasted by some of the attitude towards us and your own team,,,,Forgive me for thinking we played Leicester City on Saturday when it was obviously Real Madrid judgeing by some of the patronising comments...

Now I know you think your a huge club and you are..Your certainly A LOT bigger than us i'm happy to concede but the bottom line Ladies and Gentleman is that wether you like it or not we have been in the same league as you for 4 out of the last 5 seasons and to everybody else your looked on as a middle of the road Championship team because that's what your recent history is and you haven't yet earned the right to be classed as anything else.....

We played Burnley last week,matched there formation and they were too good...We changed it round on Saturday and although you are a better team than us,our tacticts were better,we had a bit of luck but that's football,but your 3rd???? So why you have to totally lambast your own team because they were beaten on the day is frankly Laughable,i would have thought that you would be delighted at the start...

You look at us and think crap Donny rovers before a ball is even kicked...but if you would have looked you would have seen weve played 7 out of the top 9 so far and are just below mid table....So we cant be that bad and that doesn't include the game at Charlton when we were 3-1 up before it was abandoned..

Sometimes its not just that you played below par but that the opposition did a good job and it didn't go your way....I actually had a good laugh and banter with some of your fans in the pub before the game which is what its all about and it was a top following your brought so fair play and I hope you do well...

And for those who are suicidal about losing to the likes of Doncaster...get a bloody grip......

I will now put my tin hat on.....lol

Well said. Don't tar us all with the same brush. I thought you looked a decent side. Liked your number 7, your number 9 also had a good game. You kept your shape excellently, and were first to most second balls. We couldn't find a way to break you down. We're not all arrogant. Just some, who think we have a divine right to win every game and if we don't, they pull us apart, rather than give the opposition any credit.

Fair play to the OP for showing a bit of character and he's certainly right in saying that we've a few dickhead fans.

But we should be beating "the likes of Doncaster", its just that he misunderstands the obvious point in that statement because of a massive inferiority complex and / or chip on his shoulder.

Our fans don't mean "we should beat these because they're a tinpot club with no fans and we're MASSIVE" they mean "we should beat teams like this if we have aspirations of promotion because they're ****ing dreadful." And they are dreadful, we've lost to so many awful sides over the last eighteen months because we're shocking at breaking down a parked bus or overcoming workmanlike sides that press five in the middle.

Ever right to be frustrated. It's not like the Donny fan would take his squad or league position over ours, which is all this is about.

Fair play to the OP for showing a bit of character and he's certainly right in saying that we've a few dickhead fans.

But we should be beating "the likes of Doncaster", its just that he misunderstands the obvious point in that statement because of a massive inferiority complex and / or chip on his shoulder.

Our fans don't mean "we should beat these because they're a tinpot club with no fans and we're MASSIVE" they mean "we should beat teams like this if we have aspirations of promotion because they're ****ing dreadful." And they are dreadful, we've lost to so many awful sides over the last eighteen months because we're shocking at breaking down a parked bus or overcoming workmanlike sides that press five in the middle.

Ever right to be frustrated. It's not like the Donny fan would take his squad or league position over ours, which is all this is about.

Nice post, it's not that they played us off the pitch.

Why don't I care for the opinion of a Doncaster fan? I'm arrogant?

No, I don't give a fvck because the banner says 'foxestalk'. Sod off you melt.

What is wrong with someone who isn't a Leicester fan commenting on this board about a game against his team?

Just how cosy do you want your world to be?

;)

Teams who want to be top of the league should be expecting to beat the weaker teams in the league, it's not about respect, or who's a 'bigger' side - if we're serious about promotion, then we should be beating teams like Doncaster. Teams like QPR, Wigan, Reading, Watford, Forest etc - they'll all be expecting the same.

A top 6 Premier League side would be expecting to beat Cardiff, Hull or Palace, wouldn't they?

Well KentfOX that's a bit sad....Obviously I knew I would get a bit of stick for the original post but Football to me is not just about your own team...Without banter or debate with your fellow fans of other clubs football would become even more sterile than it has already become...

Teams who want to be top of the league should be expecting to beat the weaker teams in the league, it's not about respect, or who's a 'bigger' side - if we're serious about promotion, then we should be beating teams like Doncaster. Teams like QPR, Wigan, Reading, Watford, Forest etc - they'll all be expecting the same.

A top 6 Premier League side would be expecting to beat Cardiff, Hull or Palace, wouldn't they?

And no doubt, if we go up, bigger clubs and better teams will have our fans going on their forums with similar threads to this.

You need to make a distinction between team and club- I have no issue with Doncaster as a club, the ground is fine, they've got loyal supporters, a manager I admired as a player, I don't rate them as a team ability-wise (from what I saw on Saturday) and would expect us, at our best, to beat them.

And no doubt, if we go up, bigger clubs and better teams will have our fans going on their forums with similar threads to this.

You need to make a distinction between team and club- I have no issue with Doncaster as a club, the ground is fine, they've got loyal supporters, a manager I admired as a player, I don't rate them as a team ability-wise (from what I saw on Saturday) and would expect us, at our best, to beat them.

You see, that's just bizarre to me. If we went up to the Premier League, of course teams competing at the top end of the table would expect to beat us - and rightly so. But I quite enjoy the underdog status and the us-and-them mentality, than the pressure and expectancy of being the big fish in the smaller pond.

Well KentfOX that's a bit sad....Obviously I knew I would get a bit of stick for the original post but Football to me is not just about your own team...Without banter or debate with your fellow fans of other clubs football would become even more sterile than it has already become...

Sad that I don't want to hear you whining on about our support on a forum dedicated to Leicester? If I wanted to see what you thought I'd go into your forum, but thank you ever so much for coming to us, you've really helped us out by doing that.

We appreciate other input here, we've got regular posters from Watford, Forest and Brighton who I regularly applaud for their input, but you've come on here as if you've done us a favour for hilighting our 'arrogance' etc.

Like someone posted above, we're not angry we lost to Doncaster, we're angry in the manner of defeat and your actual TEAM, not club.

It's a weird one, the beginning of your post is a bit bitchy and you've levelled it out toward the end. I don't think you've meant me as a poster, because I haven't posted this week until this thread, I'n my opinion this thread/post is just unnecessary- sorry lol

The OP is just as far away from the fair middle ground as the ones he's having a go at are. Would Doncaster have been anything other than disappointed if they'd lost away at say... Chesterfield, last season?

Probably, given Chesterfield were in League Two last season ;)

Probably, given Chesterfield were in League Two last season ;)

Were they? I thought they won L2 in 11/12 and went straight back down last year? Or am I making things up?

I must admit I was trying to remember who went down into L2 last year and failed.

Haha I don't have any kind of chip on my shoulder i'm a realist ...You can go on all day long about how bad we are,but some of you seem to think your a lot better than you really are,...You haven't played any top teams hardly,we have only had ten games and you seem to think you've won the league already...personally on that performance you will be lucky to get in the play offs...but I know that you have to be better than you showed Saturday even if some of you cant give us the same credit...

It's been a pleasure ;-)

Haha I don't have any kind of chip on my shoulder i'm a realist ...You can go on all day long about how bad we are,but some of you seem to think your a lot better than you really are,...You haven't played any top teams hardly,we have only had ten games and you seem to think you've won the league already...personally on that performance you will be lucky to get in the play offs...but I know that you have to be better than you showed Saturday even if some of you cant give us the same credit...

It's been a pleasure ;-)

Not sure what forum you've been reading, to be honest. Half the people on here think we're doomed to relegation and should sack our gaffer. We're one of the most negative sets of supporters going, we love knocking our own side. I associate Leicester with cynicism and disappointment.

You seem to be projecting this "you think you're going to walk the league" stuff on us and it comes across like an enormous inferiority complex on your part. I don't know where you've got it from, really

As a few of us have explained, the eleven we put out should be beating the eleven you put out but we played abysmally, hence disappointment.

If it makes you feel better, I feel we should beat "the likes of Sheffield Wednesday" as well and, all told, they're one of the biggest teams in the country by most playground, pissing contest logic.

I imagine you're just fishing, really, but all told you sound more bitter than you think we are.

At the end of the day, Donny's target is to survive and/or finish lower to mid table. Ours is promotion.

We should be expecting to beat you, no questions about it. I class us as a bigger club than someone like Swansea, but as they're a better side than us I wouldn't go onto their forum moaning that their fans are saying that they should beat us. No-one will say we deserved much from the game, if anything on here.

Your own team weren't all that either on Saturday. Time wasting from the 18th minute? Bar the clanger you had 1 decent effort on goal.

I think that this red guy is gloating because he thinks they have just best billy big bollocks. From what I saw on the stream Saturday I think they will do well yo stay up. Now as for Dickov ....... Bit of a cheat really, they say Heskey go's down easy, our Paul had a bed in the penalty area !!!!

But seriously we concede a fluke of a goal and then you put 10 men behind the ball for how long ? How long ? Obviously your manager had a lot of belief in your lot to build on it. We were poor you got the points, count your blessing as you won't get much else playing like that.

Pearson's sides (as well as pretty much every other Leicester manager) do tend to struggle against teams who pin everyone back having gone up. Is it any co-incidence that both Powell and Dickov beat us doing that?

That was the most irritating thing about that mistake. If we hadn't have made it I'm convinced we'd have won the game.

We expect to be Doncaster because we have invested more money in our playing squad and are harbouring the expectations of making the play-offs, just like we did last year and have done in previous years. 

Your aim is to avoid relegation.

Is it really that difficult to understand that we expect to be beating sides like you?

You say we've hardly played any 'top teams', well we've beaten most of the teams we've played 7 in fact, hence why they aren't top teams.

I think most on here were delighted and surprised when we played Wigan off the park a couple of weeks back; this in spite of their away following being famously shit, their fanbase being but a fraction of other clubs in this division including our own and having won absolutely nothing of note before this May. 

As it was, we were pleased because we beat the FA Cup holders who had had a lot of money spent on them and plenty of EPL experience. Their size had nothing to do with it, most expected a very tough battle because of the eleven players they could put on the pitch.

Is it therefore 'tinpot' of us to find a win against Wigan Athletic promising?

Archived