Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
roversred

The likes of Doncaster

But we did play below par, and our fvcking keeper dropped it in our net, and you were 18th.

It's not like you've got a squad that the league fears and you tore us apart is it? You're a lower midtable team who got a flukey win against an underperforming side who have realistic hopes of being in the play-offs.

I'm not sure why fans of smaller clubs always have a chip on their shoulder about rival fans stating the obvious.

Excuse us for being disappointed with a disappointing result.

I remember how wound up we used to get in the MON years by the managers and fans of every team we beat claiming that it was the worst they had played.

Yep, can't argue with the Rover there.

However, I'd say three things in in our defence. Firstly, there are a few other clubs in our position (all have slightly different circumstances) who will have its share of fans with illusions of grandeur. Brighton, Leeds and Watford are the obvious ones to mention here. For differing reasons all three (and some Foxes fans) think that they have some god-given right to be in the Premier League and this whole Championship business - being forced to play against "the likes of" Donnie and Barnsley - is an irritant and something below them.

Secondly, as you've probably seen from the responses to your opening post, not everybody thinks that losing at Doncaster is the equivalent of Usain Bolt losing a 100m dash against Heather Mills. I'd be confident to suggest that people who do think like that are in a minority - but maybe a bit more vocal than the majority, who I can assure you take nothing for granted when it comes to "bloody Leicester".

Thirdly, as somebody suggested, you might have a tiny chip on your shoulder about the whole thing. On form, we were probably the favourites going into the game - at least if you listened to and believed the "experts". The bookies had us as pretty clear favourites. Therefore the "fans" who only look at the league table and match odds might feel flabbergasted at how on earth we could have lost to lowly Donnie (and I agree with you that your league position doesn't reflect the way you've played this season). These are the people who then mouth of - and have upset you. But ask anyone who has followed Leicester long enough and they will tell you that trips to "the likes of" Barnsley, Yeovil and Doncaster are never bloody easy for us. 

So to conclude - I for one knew it wouldn't be easy at your gaff and although we probably didn't deserve to lose, we never really looked like winning either. I hope you the very best for the rest of the season and when I say I don't see you getting involved in a relegation battle this year I say it without a hint of arrogance or condescension. Just a recognition that as a club you're doing bloody well and are laying the foundations of being a permanent fixture at this level. 

I think the reaction on here has been relatively balanced. Were you really expecting to come on here and see Leicester fans saying things like "phwoar, Donny were so good though, fully deserved their win" when all you did was park the bus after getting extremely lucky with a freak own goal?

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with what you did but you can't really expect any opposition fans to be impressed. It was like one of those England games where they play a bunch of part timers but struggle for goals. The gulf in class was obvious, but sometimes it just doesn't work out for you in football. Saturday was very much a case of us losing rather than you winning.

Do you know as a Donny fan reading some of your comments i'm simply flabbergasted by some of the attitude towards us and your own team,,,,Forgive me for thinking we played Leicester City on Saturday when it was obviously Real Madrid judgeing by some of the patronising comments...

Now I know you think your a huge club and you are..Your certainly A LOT bigger than us i'm happy to concede but the bottom line Ladies and Gentleman is that wether you like it or not we have been in the same league as you for 4 out of the last 5 seasons and to everybody else your looked on as a middle of the road Championship team because that's what your recent history is and you haven't yet earned the right to be classed as anything else.....

We played Burnley last week,matched there formation and they were too good...We changed it round on Saturday and although you are a better team than us,our tacticts were better,we had a bit of luck but that's football,but your 3rd???? So why you have to totally lambast your own team because they were beaten on the day is frankly Laughable,i would have thought that you would be delighted at the start...

You look at us and think crap Donny rovers before a ball is even kicked...but if you would have looked you would have seen weve played 7 out of the top 9 so far and are just below mid table....So we cant be that bad and that doesn't include the game at Charlton when we were 3-1 up before it was abandoned..

Sometimes its not just that you played below par but that the opposition did a good job and it didn't go your way....I actually had a good laugh and banter with some of your fans in the pub before the game which is what its all about and it was a top following your brought so fair play and I hope you do well...

And for those who are suicidal about losing to the likes of Doncaster...get a bloody grip......

I will now put my tin hat on.....lol

Do you know as a Donny fan reading some of your comments i'm simply flabbergasted by some of the attitude towards us and your own team,,,,Forgive me for thinking we played Leicester City on Saturday when it was obviously Real Madrid judgeing by some of the patronising comments...

Now I know you think your a huge club and you are..Your certainly A LOT bigger than us i'm happy to concede but the bottom line Ladies and Gentleman is that wether you like it or not we have been in the same league as you for 4 out of the last 5 seasons and to everybody else your looked on as a middle of the road Championship team because that's what your recent history is and you haven't yet earned the right to be classed as anything else.....

We played Burnley last week,matched there formation and they were too good...We changed it round on Saturday and although you are a better team than us,our tacticts were better,we had a bit of luck but that's football,but your 3rd???? So why you have to totally lambast your own team because they were beaten on the day is frankly Laughable,i would have thought that you would be delighted at the start...

You look at us and think crap Donny rovers before a ball is even kicked...but if you would have looked you would have seen weve played 7 out of the top 9 so far and are just below mid table....So we cant be that bad and that doesn't include the game at Charlton when we were 3-1 up before it was abandoned..

Sometimes its not just that you played below par but that the opposition did a good job and it didn't go your way....I actually had a good laugh and banter with some of your fans in the pub before the game which is what its all about and it was a top following your brought so fair play and I hope you do well...

And for those who are suicidal about losing to the likes of Doncaster...get a bloody grip......

I will now put my tin hat on.....lol

Completely agree with all I think you were trying to say.

MATCH STATS according to the BBC

Doncaster Rovers  Leicester City

Possession53%      47%90mins
Shots
11                          11
On target
3                                 3
Corners
3                             4
Fouls
7                                   6

Only said what I saw. You were poor, a limited team yet we played right into your hands with our style. You did enough to win, well done.

Suicidal? Not really, we are used to crap defeats against struggling clubs. Been a theme throughout my supporting years and will continue for many more. Doesn't mean we have to accept it.

Well if you were just basing it on that one match I could reply with...

1,Your keepers rubbish

2,Your a long ball hoof it outfit with no plan b

Easy to say a lot of things about one game...but my club means as much to me as it does to any of you and its attitudes like that which make you look a bit of daft..You can have your superior complex...god knows what you will say if you lose to a second divison club in the cup... lol

Absolutely nothing?

Its the Championship - really no team should be underestimated.

Hate it when our own do that for example - we actually seem to be better when there isn't quite the hype and expectation (more thought we'd beat Blackburn than Huddersfield for example)

From what the highlights shows Leicester did have the  "chances/efforts though and the goal was a very unfortunate mistake.

Its the Championship - really no team should be underestimated.

Hate it when our own do that for example.

Absolutely.

If anything, it was written in the stars - A good away following, good run of form. 

Surprised we didn't have a thread like this already. We always get some fan giving the typical chip-on-shoulder "you're not real Madrid" bollocks.

Don't think anyone begrudges Donny their win but it's not like they matched us for skill.

We didn't do enough to make the gulf in class count and that's that.

I will now put my tin hat on..... lol

You said it yourself, this is why we're pissed off and believe we should be beating teams like Donny. Some of our fans go over the top but I'd still stand by the fact it was a bad result and we should go into games like that expecting to win.

Not disastrous though, we'll have more poor results throughout the season.

I do hate the word 'tinpot'. And I hate this attitude of comparing attendences which some people seem to do.

Some teams are bigger than others, we have sides in our division that have represented England in Europe before for example, but at the end of the day, we are all in the same league. I do hate the great 'big club' debate.

I hope you lot stay up anyway, I like Doncaster Rovers, nice little ground which I've been to four times now, very accommodating and I obviously have a lot of respect for your current manager.

To be honest Doncaster defended pretty well i'll give you that but they were too much alike Yeovil, they didn't have much of a attacking threat the goal they did score an came from an error from kasper. Without that goal the game would have stayed goalless simple!

Archived