Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Championship side could 'face fine or embargo' from FFP

By the 2015-16 season, losses at a Championship club can be no more than £5m, with a maximum of £3m funded by shareholders and clubs

"Clubs like ourselves (Blackburn) and the Leicester's, and probably clubs like Middlesbrough, who have got big wage bills, won't be wanting transfer embargoes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24533649

Fair play to Nigel Pearson for trying to reduce the wage bill and moving on the high earners and still maintaining a good squad under this financial pressure.

Will we be hit for not adhering to Financial Fair Play? 

Are we really in that bad a situation compared to other clubs? We're always mentioned in articles like this as though we're still spending a shed load of money but as far as I knew we've reduced the wage bill an awful lot and shouldn't be up there with the big spenders any more.

Are we really in that bad a situation compared to other clubs? We're always mentioned in articles like this as though we're still spending a shed load of money but as far as I knew we've reduced the wage bill an awful lot and shouldn't be up there with the big spenders any more.

Absolutely, the fact that Shaw has mentioned us is quite frankly an insult to the superb work that has been done to turn this club around from the moment Sven was sacked. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we're now one of the lowest spenders relative to turnover in the division.

I'll go on record with my opinion now .... and you can quote me on it in two years time .... 

FFP will not be around in it's current form and only the really ridiculously extreme examples will be punished .... we won't even be near to being punished. It's all been a massive waste of time.

I honestly can't believe that to be us. Annoys me how the media seem to make our FFP situation much worse than other clubs. We have a small squad with a handful of big-ish earners left (looks like SSL will be going soon too so 1 more down and I pray Gally follows him). Other clubs like QPR, forest, Blackburn and Bolton have much bigger squads and have bought players on big wages and transfer fees. We on the other hand must of spent about £500,000 tops on Deano and thats it. We also get bigger or equal attendences and have bigger or equal fan bases. How can we possibly still be 'big spending Leicester' in financial trouble?

I'll go on record with my opinion now .... and you can quote me on it in two years time .... 

FFP will not be around in it's current form and only the really ridiculously extreme examples will be punished .... we won't even be near to being punished. It's all been a massive waste of time.

I'll quote you now as I completely agree with this. Designed to save clubs in Portsmouth's situation - only nobody is in a liquidation face off so it changes nothing. There can't be a club around who isn't getting a £5mil loss on wages alone regardless. Stupid rule and widens the gap between PL and teams like us.

Agree with this.

Can't see how FFP will come in. If a club is in debt then it's pointless hitting them with a fine to put them in even more debt.

If a club has a loss of more then 8 mill and get fined. Chances are they will not get that debt reduced by the following season so will they be fined again adding more and more debt to the club.

All FFP is going to do is make the rich clubs or clubs with parachute payments better of and small clubs never being able to compete and increase a bigger gap between the prem and championship.

I think something will come in but it won't be FFP.

They need to go back to the drawing board and re look at it.

No fines for championship clubs... The punishment is a transfer embargo.

It's not a case of the FFP coming in - it's already here.

It won't get enforced in it's current form .... It'll be so watered down you won't recognise it by the time the punishments are dished out.

Completely agree with you it's a complete load of shit that hasn't been planned out properly, breaks EU competition law and isn't legal in its current format waste of time

It won't get enforced in it's current form .... It'll be so watered down you won't recognise it by the time the punishments are dished out.

Maybe. I know there's a legal case against it, but if that fails, I'm not sure what's going to happen to stop the punishments from going ahead. Intact I'd say that now clubs have agreed to it, the punishments will have to go ahead as currently planned.

I think there's a good chance it will change a lot over the next few years though.

Completely agree with you it's a complete load of shit that hasn't been planned out properly, breaks EU competition law and isn't legal in its current format waste of time

you can guarantee this 100%,  that when it comes into  effect in the top divisions across europe (and they all have different rules), not one single big club will get punished. it'll be piddly little clubs that  can't fight back.

Absolutely, the fact that Shaw has mentioned us is quite frankly an insult to the superb work that has been done to turn this club around from the moment Sven was sacked. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we're now one of the lowest spenders relative to turnover in the division.

Yet they ignore Forest who are completely ignoring FFP. Typical headline believing moron this bloke.

Archived