Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

The Smiths

Typical, find out there's a Smiths thread only to discover Mozza's got cancer.

Hope he comes through.

Favourite album Hat Full of Hollow

Favourite tracks How soon is now? What difference does it make? This charming man.

Every time I meet someone called Sheila I can never stop my self singing Sheila take a bow.

• 3 months later...

Morrissey announces UK tour.

Fancy it because I've never seen him but he isn't playing Manchester which I find strange but only Morrissey could do that!

Anybody thinking about going?

Morrissey will play:

Nottingham Capital FM Arena (March 13)
Bournemouth International Centre (14)
Cardiff Motorpoint Arena (18)
Leeds First Direct Arena (20)
Glasgow SSE Hydro (21)
Birmingham Barclaycard Arena (27)

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/82159

Really good version.

Shame they haven't got a BBC sessions lp anywhere? I can only find bootlegs.

There's not a lot that wasn't released officially.  A big chunk of it is on Hatful of Hollow, then there are the session versions of Rusholme Ruffians, Nowhere Fast and William it Was Really Nothing are the extra tracks on the 'Last Night I Dreamed that Somebody Loved Me' CD single (the 12" is the same, minus 'William....').  There's a sessions EP (one of the ones with the plain black and grey cover) but the only track on there that's not on Hatful of Hollow is 'Miserable Lie', and it's not amazingly different.

The only thing I'm aware of that is only available on bootleg is the session version of 'Half a Person', which is a darn shame as it's terrific.

I've no idea if this is the right one as I haven't got the sound on on my PC:

Morrissey announces UK tour.

Fancy it because I've never seen him but he isn't playing Manchester which I find strange but only Morrissey could do that!

Anybody thinking about going?

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/82159

Seen him 25+ times since 91 kill uncle tour. .last time was a couple of years back in Manchester in July, dreadful set and many dissapointed punters. He'll play most of his new album I guess but at fifty quid a ticket I'd rather see Johnny Marr these days.

Seen him 25+ times since 91 kill uncle tour. .last time was a couple of years back in Manchester in July, dreadful set and many dissapointed punters. He'll play most of his new album I guess but at fifty quid a ticket I'd rather see Johnny Marr these days.

Yeah, I saw the setlist for his gig the other month in London and it wasn't that good. I saw Marr in October and he was brilliant but I thought his album was better than Morrissey's recent album anyway.

I'm going to this instead.  I'm not taking the piss, I actually am.

http://www.rescuerooms.com/gig-guide/1510/mexico-goes-morrissey

I'm only not going to his actual gig because it's too expensive and I hate arenas.  I'd have no problem with the set, as it draws heavily on the latest album which I love

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody got "Same day again" that they are willing to share? What I am referring to is here:

But I wondered if anybody had an MP3 format of all the songs?

That's going to defeat the purpose of the remaster isn't it?  Lossless to lossy.  If that doesnt bother you just convert it.   I have this in the songs that changed your life boxset can't tell the difference TBH.

Edited by purpleronnie

• 4 weeks later...

lol I just read that article and thought the same thing. Just imagine Carr like his usual "you alright love?". I can remember him going on Jonathan Ross the other year and he was typical Morrissey. Live performance on Alan Carr as well though.

• 2 weeks later...