Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

The Smiths

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Johnny Marr new material out on Friday. He's been tweeting about it for some weeks now.

Hopefully a tour too! Saw him on his Playland tour and he was excellent.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Never really got in to The Smiths/Morrissey but this track featured in the film Mid90s which i recently watched. Pretty much a hip hop soundtrack but this one really fitted in nicely in quite a poignant part.

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:18, Blueman1967 said:

If you want try the The Smiths, try Sound of The Smiths

For Morrissey: Greatest Hits

Not a fan of greatest hit collections, but I guess its a good introduction, I suppose if you don't like the greatest hits you aren't likely to like anything else.

As for Morrissey...I always thought he said things to gain controversy, but I am beginning to wonder, and also wonder if all those smiths/moz records I have will be played again.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/worlds-oldest-record-store-bans-morrissey-sales-over-far-right-support/ar-AABNdLw?ocid=ientp

• Sad 1

Been a fan since The Smiths, an icon of the eighties, not everyone cup of the tea, but can still fill the venues of this county, and still producing records, I think the right wing thing, is just to shock, and to get people taking about him, and not the first or the last to do that.

1 hour ago, Blueman1967 said:

Been a fan since The Smiths, an icon of the eighties, not everyone cup of the tea, but can still fill the venues of this county, and still producing records, I think the right wing thing, is just to shock, and to get people taking about him, and not the first or the last to do that. 

100% agree, it's purely to keep him relevant.

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/05/2019 at 17:35, What the Fuchs? said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/05/26/morrisseys-album-posters-pulled-train-stations-far-right-views-9693087/amp/

This is unbelievable, the world’s gone mad ? How can we base the advertising of music on whether or not we personally agree with their views?

A while back Kate Bush said something positive related to Maggie Thatcher and unsurprisingly Twitter went into meltdown, fans (who presumably were lefties) threatened to never listen to her music again etc etc

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

A while back Kate Bush said something positive related to Maggie Thatcher and unsurprisingly Twitter went into meltdown, fans (who presumably were lefties) threatened to never listen to her music again etc etc

A while back being 1996? 

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

Mate, I'd like to buy this copy of Aladdin Sane, but some old bastard has scribbled on it, can I have a discount?

Actually no, the opposite - that's $300

Wat?

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...