Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Morgan Wants To Sign New Deal

I'm not sure how he'll cope in the Prem but he's probably been our best player since he joined, so he deserves a chance to prove himself as much if not more than anyone else.

Nigel hasn't bought him and made him captain for no reason, and I'm sure we'd like to give him a new contract.

Of course the terms will take a while to discuss but if Wes wants to stay I think we'll want to keep him.

We don't know which division we'll be in and who the manager will be.

Why tie down players on 3 year contracts if a new manager may not want them?

If they truly love playing for us then they should be happy to wait until we have more of an idea of which level we'll be playing and how much we can give them.

I'd like to think that should we get promoted that most of the first team will be replaced.

I dont care what it takes we just need this tied up and done before anyone else starts dropping hints to him close to january about how much they can offer him....

we still have a couple if leeches sucking the Club dry ( not their fault- took what was offered).. just takes one of them to leave so we can offer him an extra 5k to 10k a week and we'd still be saving money yet retain our captain. Win win Surely?

And to the poster who said he keeps getting seen in Nottingham.... think he still lives there...

He isn't going to be interested in talking to other championship clubs if he believes that Leicester are going to be promoted. He isn't going to be interested in talking to Prem clubs who could be relegated. Top Prem clubs are unlikely to be interested in him.

As long as we are in the running for promotion this is a non-subject and if he thinks we aren't then he needs a kick up the ass.

We don't know which division we'll be in and who the manager will be.

Why tie down players on 3 year contracts if a new manager may not want them?

If they truly love playing for us then they should be happy to wait until we have more of an idea of which level we'll be playing and how much we can give them.

I'd like to think that should we get promoted that most of the first team will be replaced.

Because at worst we'll be in a position where we would still want all three of them. If any manager coming in doesn't want Kasper and Morgan in a Championship team we've appointed the wrong guy.

They don't truly love playing for us, Morgan is Forest fan and Kasper supports Man U, don't think anyone believes they actually love us.

Because at worst we'll be in a position where we would still want all three of them. If any manager coming in doesn't want Kasper and Morgan in a Championship team we've appointed the wrong guy.

They don't truly love playing for us, Morgan is Forest fan and Kasper supports Man U, don't think anyone believes they actually love us.

We may need them but that doesn't mean that we can afford what they are asking if we don't get promoted. 

We may need them but that doesn't mean that we can afford what they are asking if we don't get promoted. 

I said that earlier, if the demands are excessive we should say no. But if we can't afford it the club could drop us a hint, wouldn't be hard to these days with FFP etc.

I said that earlier, if the demands are excessive we should say no. But if we can't afford it the club could drop us a hint, wouldn't be hard to these days with FFP etc.

Bottom line is we can't keep all of the likes Morgan, Kaspey and Nugent.

FFP again, Kaspey and Nuge could play at Premiership level but I doubt Morgan could.

So unless he accepts a new contract for less money with us, will go.

The "I want a new deal" in the Leic rag is just a way to put pressure on the club and to get gullible fans to believe he wants to stay.

Sad but true!

Hhmmm

The 3 I'm talking about are Schmeichel, Morgan and Pearson.

If we don't get promoted I'd only want 2 of them to stay.

If we get promoted I'm not sure yet how many of the 3 I'd want to stay.

The same also applies to Nugent.

Plenty on here that seem to believe the players are here for the club and that the likes of Beckford & Danns weren't.

Bottom line is we can't keep all of the likes Morgan, Kaspey and Nugent.

FFP again, Kaspey and Nuge could play at Premiership level but I doubt Morgan could.

So unless he accepts a new contract for less money with us, will go.

The "I want a new deal" in the Leic rag is just a way to put pressure on the club and to get gullible fans to believe he wants to stay.

Sad but true!

2 goals in 30 makes me doubt whether Nugent could realistically make the step up.

I should think Nige wants to get this done as well.

Whenever I hear Nige speaking about Morgan, he's always positive.

Pearson is positive about all of his squad (with perhaps a couple of exceptions), I hope that doesn't mean that he thinks they're all capable of Premier football.

Pearson is positive about all of his squad (with perhaps a couple of exceptions), I hope that doesn't mean that he thinks they're all capable of Premier football.

Why is everyone talking about playing in the Premier League?

We're in the Championship, and we need a side that can get us out of this division. It's as simple as that for me, generally because we arn't going to be able to attract 'Premier League players' at the minute. 

Most of the teams that win promotion from this division, arn't 'good enough' to play in the Premier League. In recent years, I can only think of Newcastle and West Ham that had a side actually capable of achieving a respectable midtable finish in the Premier League, and that's because they didn't lose many key players when they were relegated.

Hhmmm

The 3 I'm talking about are Schmeichel, Morgan and Pearson.

If we don't get promoted I'd only want 2 of them to stay.

If we get promoted I'm not sure yet how many of the 3 I'd want to stay.

The same also applies to Nugent.

Plenty on here that seem to believe the players are here for the club and that the likes of Beckford & Danns weren't.

So you offer a contract then, if we are in the Premier League at worst we'll have Kasper and Morgan in the squad, we won't be signing so much in quality that they will be surplus to requirements next season. If not we have two capable players still contracted to us in this division.

No idea how you could judge Pearson just on the fact of promotion or not, he could get promoted from 6th with 65 points or we could fail getting up after getting 85pts and finishing third, basing decisions on management just on "whether we get up or not" leads to having people like Holloway managing you in the Premiership.

If we finished a strong 3rd or 4th and didn't go up I think it would be madness not to give NP a new deal on the basis we lost in a playoff lottery over the space of 2 or 3 games ahead of what we did in the other 46.

Why is everyone talking about playing in the Premier League?

We're in the Championship, and we need a side that can get us out of this division. It's as simple as that for me, generally because we arn't going to be able to attract 'Premier League players' at the minute. 

Most of the teams that win promotion from this division, arn't 'good enough' to play in the Premier League. In recent years, I can only think of Newcastle and West Ham that had a side actually capable of achieving a respectable midtable finish in the Premier League, and that's because they didn't lose many key players when they were relegated.

Erm because at the end of this season, when a number of contracts are up, we could be promoted to the Premier.

It would be madness to extend the contracts of players 'that can get us out of this division' if we're not playing in it any longer.

The same applies to the manager.

We're under FFP at the moment, you don't sign players you may not need.

Should we not be promoted I'd probably want to keep Schmeichel, Morgan & Nugent.

Should we be promoted I'd hope we could attract better players.

So you offer a contract then, if we are in the Premier League at worst we'll have Kasper and Morgan in the squad, we won't be signing so much in quality that they will be surplus to requirements next season. If not we have two capable players still contracted to us in this division.

No idea how you could judge Pearson just on the fact of promotion or not, he could get promoted from 6th with 65 points or we could fail getting up after getting 85pts and finishing third, basing decisions on management just on "whether we get up or not" leads to having people like Holloway managing you in the Premiership.

If we finished a strong 3rd or 4th and didn't go up I think it would be madness not to give NP a new deal on the basis we lost in a playoff lottery over the space of 2 or 3 games ahead of what we did in the other 46.

I think we're agreeing over players, we discuss extending contracts at the end of the season.

If we again fail to get promotion via the play-offs I'd almost certainly not offer Pearson an extension.

I don't believe they are a lottery, in general the best teams with the moust nous get promoted, he should have learnt enough by now.

Even if we're promoted and we decide to replace him, Morgan is the kind of player who will always have suitors in the form of Championship clubs. Tie him down to a new contract and IF we decide he's not good enough IF we get promoted, I'm sure we'll get a decent fee when he moves on.

Erm because at the end of this season, when a number of contracts are up, we could be promoted to the Premier.

It would be madness to extend the contracts of players 'that can get us out of this division' if we're not playing in it any longer.

The same applies to the manager.

We're under FFP at the moment, you don't sign players you may not need.

Should we not be promoted I'd probably want to keep Schmeichel, Morgan & Nugent.

Should we be promoted I'd hope we could attract better players.

It would also be absolute madness to wait until the end of the season to see if we get promoted before opening contract talks with key players, leaving them free to agree deals with other clubs from the start of January.

If we don't end up getting promoted and players like Morgan and Schmeichel leave, then we're going to be taking a massive step backwards.

It would also be absolute madness to wait until the end of the season to see if we get promoted before opening contract talks with key players, leaving them free to agree deals with other clubs from the start of January.

If we don't end up getting promoted and players like Morgan and Schmeichel leave, then we're going to be taking a massive step backwards.

Before FFP that may have been the case.

How many other clubs who are in with a chance of promotion would offer a contract to any of our players without knowing where they will be playing.

Would Schmeichel, Morgan or Nugent want to open negotiations with a team that aren't likely to get promoted?

It's no longer a players market with FFP limiting what clubs can pay.

Players are 'key' should we not get promoted, they aren't if we do.

The fact they've discussed a new deal but neither has committed to one suggests to me that Morgan feels, probably rightly, that he deserves a pay rise but given our financial position, we cannot offer it to him.

We have no idea of how much he is earning, if he's earning well above the average then 'probably rightly' doesn't apply.

I don't believe they are a lottery, in general the best teams with the moust nous get promoted, he should have learnt enough by now.

We'll have to agree to disagree there, I'm sure I read a stat one as well saying the 6th place team goes up more often than the 3rd as well so the best don't.

It's a lottery for me, four teams generally of level ability and then a one off 90 minutes. Holloway has won them twice and Pearson has lost in them twice. It's cruel.

Can you answer this, (unlikely I know but)

Let's say we finished 3rd this year with 85 points and lost in the play off final after winning the semi comfortbly?, surely after a season like that you would still want to keep the manager? It would be madness to chuck out the door someone who had produced that sort of consistency over a 46 games period on the basis of one game?

If someone is brave enough to sign any player in Jan on a pre contract then good luck to them.

FFP means that the likely hood of them being 'poached' by fellow Championship clubs is slim to non (with the possible exception of relegated clubs) so that means we should only realistically be afraid of Prem clubs. HOWEVER I imagine the three players mentioned in this article would rather wait till the seasons end to see what league we are in before they decide.

Archived