Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Morgan Wants To Sign New Deal

Just because he wants one doesn't mean to say he'll get it.

This, we have seen that we want him to sign a new contract, and now apparently he wants to sign a new contract. I will be pleased when they headline is "Morgan signs a new contract"

Presumably it would make sense to offer him a contract with a Championship salary, and a Prem salary should we be promoted. Three years would be reasonable, but with the facility to reduce if we go up and go back down, and lots of Promotion incentives too

Absolutely.

You should work for the club :D

If there have been talks but no contract offered it makes you wonder why...

My suspicion would be that there's a bit of hard ball being played by both sides. Morgan can say he wants x,y and z, the club can say they'll only give him x, Morgan starts saying stuff in the local media to put the pressure on the club, the club gives a little, Morgan gives a little, Morgan ends up with x and y! Everyone's happy.

I'm finding it very strange this hasn't been tied up yet.

Either we are desperately skint or he's asking for an obscene amount of cash.

Hope it's sorted soon.

Perhaps we're holding back on all contracts until the end of the season.

If we go up would we want to keep Morgan, personally I think he'd get torn a new one.

Schmeichel and Pearson are also awaiting new contracts, if we don't extend Pearson's then they'll probably let the new manager decide who is stopping.

Perhaps we're holding back on all contracts until the end of the season.

If we go up would we want to keep Morgan, personally I think he'd get torn a new one.

Schmeichel and Pearson are also awaiting new contracts, if we don't extend Pearson's then they'll probably let the new manager decide who is stopping.

But come January these players are free to discuss terms with other clubs.

Possible. I'm not sure, sometimes I think he could slot in comfortably but then when I see things like the Scannell goal I dread to to think what some Premier league players would do to him.

But come January these players are free to discuss terms with other clubs.

Exactly, this is why I find our logic very strange unless someone inside the club knows something we don't.

I wonder if we are shifting them all a bonus on the side to wait until the end of the season to see if we are promoted or not because they talk to anyone else. Whatever it is from extrenal point of view it looks risky.

If they can't afford it I'd prefer them to drop a hint to let us know.

I dont care what it takes we just need this tied up and done before anyone else starts dropping hints to him close to january about how much they can offer him....

we still have a couple if leeches sucking the Club dry ( not their fault- took what was offered).. just takes one of them to leave so we can offer him an extra 5k to 10k a week and we'd still be saving money yet retain our captain. Win win Surely?

And to the poster who said he keeps getting seen in Nottingham.... think he still lives there...

Archived