Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lestajigs

Attendance v Fulham

Fair play to the club for the prices for this one but the sad fact is that the league cup is pretty much meaningless these days. Fulham aren't a big club despite having a good side, it's a Tuesday night and people know we'll be resting a bunch of players (or in other words, we won't take it seriously).

I'd hope for 16-17K, it should be an improved attendance on the Derby tie really.

We'll be lucky to get above 15k for this, Fulham aren't a massive draw and won't bring many and the ticket prices are far too high for a league cup fourth round game.

I don't think you've actually looked at the prices have you.

£15 is about fair for a game like this to be honest. I think it'd be harsh to complain too much, it's just that the League Cup doesn't hold the same appeal it did in the late 90s and early noughties for the fans.

Various TV companies have conspired over the years with their broadcasting schedules to make it seem like the Cup is only important if your team plays Man U/Man C/Liverpool/Arsenal or Chelsea, with all the other games (even local derbies) deemed worthless. Sadly fans seem to have followed suite.

One game off the quarter finals with a winnable tie at home if we play our best

Get down and support the lads and let's get to wembley and win this cup again! I bet everyone would be out in force and would bother about this competition again if we did get to wembley

I think it will come down to the big last minute rush, i can see probably a few fans deciding to attend last minute. I remember once Villa played Liverpool in the league cup and priory to the day of the game they only sold just over 20,000 tickets, however two hours before kick off a big surge of fans decided to attend last minute and there was a huge Que and cause of this the kick off was delayed by an hour! the attendance on the night was given as 35,000 meaning 15,000 was bought on the day!

Archived