Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Today's defence

Everything positive came down their right, they obviously knew Schlupp was a weak link, but I thought he did alright, after all he's not naturally a left back. Seems to have a decent understanding with Dyer too.

Other than that we were fairly solid, Wes and Wasyl have started to gain an understanding and Moore has become such a unit in a short space of time.

Wasilewski is gonna be one of Pearsons best signings.

Why does everyone refer to Deeney as a twat? I've not been able to bring myself to watch the 'highlights' of last season's game, but my mum did and told me:

A) Zola was very complimentary towards us in his post match interview

B) Deeney as above, even more so

??

Yup, Deeney couldn't praise us enough. There was no hatred to him at all in any of the games last season. You are right, he was getting stick because he scored.

Disagree with the Schlupp bit to be honest Col. Attacking wise I think he's very good and looks dangerous, he'll outpace most players in that league. Defensively he worries me a bit. He gets caught out of position a lot and always looks very shaky, today I noticed Watford started playing on him a bit more.

One or two games he's alright as a stop gap to fill in, but over the course of a season I'd have doubts about him defensively. In time I think he'd go on to be a good winger.

I think NP is hoping Schlupp will be the replacement for Dyer when he isnt here

Yup, Deeney couldn't praise us enough. There was no hatred to him at all in any of the games last season. You are right, he was getting stick because he scored.

People thought he was a chavvy thuggish scumbag before he scored against us, he got stick the whole of last season.

People thought he was a chavvy thuggish scumbag before he scored against us, he got stick the whole of last season.

Certainly not in either trip to Vicarage Road.

Everything positive came down their right, they obviously knew Schlupp was a weak link, but I thought he did alright, after all he's not naturally a left back. Seems to have a decent understanding with Dyer too.

Other than that we were fairly solid, Wes and Wasyl have started to gain an understanding and Moore has become such a unit in a short space of time.

Wasilewski is gonna be one of Pearsons best signings.

Agreed, There were times where his positioning was out of sorts, but that's always likely with someone who isn't playing in their natural position. More than made up for it by shrugging off Lloyd Doyley who isn't a lightweight by all means, and then setting up Knocky. 

Also agree about Wasilewski. Compliments our team so well.

Yep. Pretty sure in the immediate moments after the victory and speaking to cameras, he didn't rub it in or anything or bad-mouth us.

This for me is the best back 4 we have.  There was one point that Jeff was bit higher up and the other 3 were in a perfect line playing offside, it was beautiful to see Liam benefitting from all those games in the middle and the understanding he had with Wes.  I don't think I am too fussed with Jeff's inexperience there because the other 3 can cover for him if he misses a tackle and when he bombs on, they effectively become a back 3 anyway with Moore tucking in. 

We also gain so much more with Jeff at the back in terms of ball retention and the ability to play if from the back (instead of Hoofchesky as CC Star calls him) and the overlapping and link up with Dyer is such a threat it outweighs any weakness for me.  He also has the pace to recover some positional inadequacies that he will learn over time. I really think he has the potential to become a top class LB.

We also have to remember he was part of a clean sheet against possibly one of the best wingers in the league.  Can't see why there is so much moaning and negativity against him, yes, he made some mistakes but we won 3-0 away at Watford for Chris' sake!!! Oh yeah, I forgot, this is FT and some people still have to see the dark side of every cloud.  Do some of you lot sing "always look for the shite side of life" instead of the proper lyrics?

Certainly not in either trip to Vicarage Road.

I think the stick he got on Saturday was purely out of frustration from our fans who have had DEEEEENNNNNEEEEEYYYYY, #DEEEEENNNNNEEEEYYYYY and many other variants on the insult flaunted in our faces since May. That's the way I see it anyway

I think the stick he got on Saturday was purely out of frustration from our fans who have had DEEEEENNNNNEEEEEYYYYY, #DEEEEENNNNNEEEEYYYYY and many other variants on the insult flaunted in our faces since May. That's the way I see it anyway

That's hardly his fault lol

Eh? I didn't bring up Deeney being called a twat on here, you and someone else did.

I Thought I said that he was very complimentary towards us last season after the playoffs and that he didn't get any abuse from us last season, then you said "on here though".

I Thought I said that he was very complimentary towards us last season after the playoffs and that he didn't get any abuse from us last season, then you said "on here though".

No I meant on here he was getting stick for being a thug all last season (or since he went to jail) because I thought you said he wasn't getting stick in the matches before he scored in the play-offs.

No I meant on here he was getting stick for being a thug all last season (or since he went to jail) because I thought you said he wasn't getting stick in the matches before he scored in the play-offs.

So how does that suggest I brought it up? It's pretty obvious that I meant at matches.

Well no, because it all originated from somebody on this thread calling him a twat.

Even though I'd quoted someone who had been talking about what had been said after the match? Nothing in that post that says people on here were calling him a twat, the poster asked why people were referring to him as a twat. Followed by my next post which says "Certainly not in either trip to Vicarage Road"?

Never understood the love Keane got last season, he was below par imo. Wasy looks great, as does Moore. 

Totally agree. He was a weak link IMO. Had some very good games but wasn't solid enough as a defender for me although credit to him, actually came out and said how much we'd done for his game.

Wasilewski is an astute signing. He's as good as Morgan, for me.

Archived