Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Today's defence

Moore, Was and Wes are rock solid. Moore looks more like a top half of the premier league defender every week, and Was looks like being a superb bit of business.

I'd still favour Konch over Schlupp though. Jeffrey had a good game today, certainly the most accomplished performance I've seen from him so far, but he was still exposed a number of times in the short time period after our 2nd goal before NP flooded the midfield with subs to prevent them from getting down that wing. If we weren't already winning, we wouldn't have been able to do that, and the continuous chances they were creating from the right wing would have soon resulted in goals.

Only had the TV view today  a good performance of the defence maybe a couple of times got some luck with some poor finishing 2nd half . got to Say Kasper made some great saves . Wasilewski made some solid blocks and had good game so a clean sheet was well worked for by all well don the lads.   Sad to say this was my first city game mssed this season and last missed a game in April wish I was there.

All Schlupp needs at left back is game time, experience, confidence and encouragement. We had enough people calling King rubbish when he arrived on the scene, and Vardy.

Yes, they still have faults but look at how they've matured and there's others too now, like Knockaert, Drinkwater and Moore since playing more regularly and getting to know more of what's expected. 

There's no real stepping stone from youth or lower-league football to first team at Leicester so people need to be patient.       

One thing I noticed today;

Marcin Wasilewski wasn't wearing a poppy on his shirt. With me being a complete retard with War history, is this expected of a Polish man?

Us and Poland were kinda on the same side in WW2 so no reason why he wouldn't wear one.

Don't think Wood had one on either, must be some reason.

With Konchesky at left back I think we may have an equal back four to QPR, if not better. I like Schlupp but he does get caught out and you can't deny did this afternoon. If only Konch wasn't on such big wages  :dry:

Yep, stil Konch over Schlupp as a LB for me and I'm still not sure between Moore and RDL, they offer different things (I suspect it's a case of Moore playing well there recently and RDL being out injured and people having short memories), but Wes and Was... ROCK SOLID! Our best central defence partnership since Elliott and Taggert.

Disagree with the Schlupp bit to be honest Col. Attacking wise I think he's very good and looks dangerous, he'll outpace most players in that league. Defensively he worries me a bit. He gets caught out of position a lot and always looks very shaky, today I noticed Watford started playing on him a bit more.

One or two games he's alright as a stop gap to fill in, but over the course of a season I'd have doubts about him defensively. In time I think he'd go on to be a good winger.

Totally agree, they definitely played on him a bit.

Marcin Wasilewski wasn't wearing a poppy on his shirt. With me being a complete retard with War history, is this expected of a Polish man?

Maybe it's because one of the reasons that people fought that was so that people could have freedom of choice?

The day wearing a poppy 24/7 in November becomes mandatory is the day WW2 is essentially rendered obsolete.

Maybe it's because one of the reasons that people thought that was was so that people could have freedom of choice?

The day wearing a poppy 24/7 in November becomes mandatory is the day WW2 is essentially rendered obsolete.

This. Soldiers didn't die in war just so poppy wearing could be forced upon people. Also, the poppy is in remeberance of all fallen soldiers regardless of nationality

Yep, stil Konch over Schlupp as a LB for me and I'm still not sure between Moore and RDL, they offer different things (I suspect it's a case of Moore playing well there recently and RDL being out injured and people having short memories), but Wes and Was... ROCK SOLID! Our best central defence partnership since Elliott and Taggert.

They did well, but I still think St Ledger is the better all round defender.

Disgraceful that NP has bombed him out for no reason and making him train with the youths.

That's bad man management in my book, what happens if we get a couple of injuries?

Disgraceful that NP has bombed him out for no reason and making him train with the youths.

That's bad man management in my book, what happens if we get a couple of injuries?

You're not cuddly at all :(

All Schlupp needs at left back is game time, experience, confidence and encouragement. We had enough people calling King rubbish when he arrived on the scene, and Vardy.

Yes, they still have faults but look at how they've matured and there's others too now, like Knockaert, Drinkwater and Moore since playing more regularly and getting to know more of what's expected.

There's no real stepping stone from youth or lower-league football to first team at Leicester so people need to be patient.

I completely agree.

:thumbup:

Disagree with the Schlupp bit to be honest Col. Attacking wise I think he's very good and looks dangerous, he'll outpace most players in that league. Defensively he worries me a bit. He gets caught out of position a lot and always looks very shaky, today I noticed Watford started playing on him a bit more.

One or two games he's alright as a stop gap to fill in, but over the course of a season I'd have doubts about him defensively. In time I think he'd go on to be a good winger.

Spot on. He's a forward thinking player no doubt. Think its a testament to his attitude and ability that he's willing to fill in different positions and that the majority of people think he has the potential to be a very good player, albeit in different positions. Frightening when you think just how many very good young players we have, who are improving quickly and can still get a lot better.

Its great to see Was settling and what an asset he is going to be. He has real character and gives us thst edge at the back. Great move getting him in. Kept that tvat Denney quiet all afternoon. Going to enjoy a few stellas at my sons 18th tonite feeling happy happy happy !!

Why does everyone refer to Deeney as a twat? I've not been able to bring myself to watch the 'highlights' of last season's game, but my mum did and told me:

A) Zola was very complimentary towards us in his post match interview

B) Deeney as above, even more so

??

Why does everyone refer to Deeney as a twat? I've not been able to bring myself to watch the 'highlights' of last season's game, but my mum did and told me:

A) Zola was very complimentary towards us in his post match interview

B) Deeney as above, even more so

??

You genuinely don't know, do you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18584603

Don't you think he's just playing out of position though?

It's all very well saying give him time and patience but if he's playing in the wrong position that's only going to take him so far.

WTF is wrong with you?

SSL, really? Get fvcked.

To be fair, it's not his country and he's free to do whatever he likes. It'd be nice if he did wear one, but I'd rather people wore them because they want to show respect and remembrance, not because they feel like they have to, or that it's the done thing.

I hate people who get all self righteous about people not wearing poppies as well - I don't wear them because they're a pain in the arse, they always fall off and I can never get them to stay on for more than 5 minutes at a time. But that doesn't mean I lack respect - some bloke at Cannon Street station had a go at me for not wearing one on Friday morning, I soon shut him up when I pointed out that I give regularly to Help For Heroes and the British Legion, but I don't feel the need to flaunt my charity in people's faces for one month out of the year.

...Anyway, that defence! Proper good at the minute innit!

Archived