Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King Kyle lcfc

Team vs The tractor boys

why change a winning team! the only players I would bring in would be Hughes, Kisnorbo or Gerrbrand. If Hughes and Kisnorbo are fit I would go with this.

Douglas

Maybury

Gilbert

Johansson

Gerrbrand

Sylla

Hughes

Gudjonsson

Williams

De Vries

Connolly

Subs

Henderson

Elvis

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Stearman

why change a winning team! the only players I would bring in would be Hughes, Kisnorbo or Gerrbrand. If Hughes and Kisnorbo are fit I would go with this.

Douglas

Maybury

Gilbert

Johansson

Gerrbrand

Sylla

Hughes

Gudjonsson

Williams

De Vries

Connolly

Subs

Henderson

Elvis

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Stearman

154016[/snapback]

Hughes and Kisnorbo both definately out :ph34r:

Tiatto at left back? You must be having a laugh. He doesn't have the discipline or positonal sense to play there.

Line up will be the same as Stoke, with possibly Tiatto replacing Wilcox.

Hughes and Kisnorbo both definately out :ph34r:

154017[/snapback]

I thought they were back for Ipswich? Well Hughes was meant to be wasn't he?

DOUGLAS

MAYBURY

GERRBRAND

NILS

GILBERT

SYLLA

WILLIAMS

GUDJONSSON

TIATTO

CONNOLLY

DE VRIES

SUBS: ELVIS, STEARMAN, MCCARTHY, HENDERSON, WILCOX/HUGHES/DUBLIN (DEPENDING ON INJURIES)

I would still bring in Gerrbrand for McCarthy and keep the rest as it is. Maybe replace Gudjonsson with Stevie Hughes if he is fit again by that time..

Is Kisnorbo available for this weekend aswell? I read a few weeks ago that we should have a full suad (minus Morris) available by the time the Ipswich game comes around.. it said on the OS just before the season began

I would still bring in Gerrbrand for McCarthy and keep the rest as it is. Maybe replace Gudjonsson with Stevie Hughes if he is fit again by that time..

Is Kisnorbo available for this weekend aswell? I read a few weeks ago that we should have a full suad (minus Morris) available by the time the Ipswich game comes around.. it said on the OS just before the season began

154140[/snapback]

Gilbert is not good enough yet at left back.

It's very difficult picking a team when you don't know who's out.

Also, while I concede that having a fairly stable line-up is important this is a young team and tinkering is inevitable until the best unit is known.

The problem is that identifying weaknesses does not make it easy to see solutions.

For instance, Gilbert is unquestionably a weakness in my view but we don't have a natural left-back replacement that I've seen.

If Gerrbrand can play there, then fine. But I don't know that cos I've never him in that role. I also feel concerned that Stearman, as good a defender as we have and young, fast and sharp, cannot get in to what a defence that's conceded one penalty with him in it and five when he's not.

Tiatto poses another problem because he is not a left winger and, while Wilcox is not the perfect man in that role he can cross, he can create and he can score which is more than Tiatto is likely to do.

Could Tiatto play left-back. No. He simply doesn't have the discipline/coolness of temperament. We simply can't afford to go giving away free kicks in dangerous areas.

He always seems well favoured but I just can't see where he'll fit into a footballing side which has people like Joey and Kisnorbo (when fit) to do the defensive donkey work.

Finally there's right side of midfield. Sylla just doesn't seem effective. He catches the eye and seems a willing lad but he scores none and he makes none. Elvis seemed a better prospect even playing out of position but it's admittedly early days.

I'd choose:

Douglas (cos CL's not going to pick Henderson);

Maybury, Stearman Johannson, Gerrbrand/Sheehan (whichever is the best left-back);

Elvis, Joey, Williams, Williams;

Connolly, DeVries.

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy, Sheehan/Gerrbrand, Sylla, Dublin.

PS Assumes Kisnorbo and Hughes unavailable.

It's very difficult picking a team when you don't know who's out.

Also, while I concede that having a fairly stable line-up is important this is a young team and tinkering is inevitable until the best unit is known.

The problem is that identifying weaknesses does not make it easy to see solutions.

For instance, Gilbert is unquestionably a weakness in my view but we don't have a natural left-back replacement that I've seen.

If Gerrbrand  can play there, then fine. But I don't know that cos I've never him in that role. I also feel concerned that Stearman, as good a defender as we have and young, fast and sharp, cannot get in to what a defence that's conceded one penalty with him in it and five when he's not.

Tiatto poses another problem because he is not a left winger and, while Wilcox is not the perfect man in that role he can cross, he can create and he can score which is more than Tiatto is likely to do.

Could Tiatto play left-back. No. He simply doesn't have the discipline/coolness of temperament. We simply can't afford to go giving away free kicks in dangerous areas.

He always seems well favoured but I just can't see where he'll fit into a footballing side which has people like Joey and Kisnorbo (when fit) to do the defensive donkey work.

Finally there's right side of midfield. Sylla just doesn't seem effective. He catches the eye and seems a willing lad but he scores none and he makes none. Elvis seemed a better prospect even playing out of position but it's admittedly early days.

I'd choose:

Douglas (cos CL's not going to pick Henderson);

Maybury, Stearman Johannson, Gerrbrand/Sheehan (whichever is the best left-back);

Elvis, Joey, Williams, Williams

Connolly, DeVries.

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy, Sheehan/Gerrbrand, Sylla, Dublin.

PS Assumes Kisnorbo and Hughes unavailable.

154159[/snapback]

We've got 2 GazWils? :P

Why are people so set on replacing Wilcox with Tiatto?  :unsure:

154180[/snapback]

Tiatto is a leader and i think that is something which we lacked yesterday. To be honest, it wouldnt make much of a difference, but i think CL will play Tiatto as he sees him as the leader hence selecting him as captain.

Why are people so set on replacing Wilcox with Tiatto?  :unsure:

154180[/snapback]

Can't understand it either. Wilcox is not the perfect answer but he gives balance down the left, he can cross, he can score, he can pass and he can defend until he gets knackered.

Tiatto's got a big heart, plenty of workrate but then what? Substitute at best for Tiatto this season is my view but I bet Levein doesn't see it that way..

I'd keep the same side to be honest and bring Tiatto on when Wilcox starts to tire as we'll need that extra energy although Craig may think different as Tiatto's the captain. We really do need a leader out there, that was evident last night as from Corners and Free kicks no one was organising who to pick up who etc and it was the dreaded return of Zonal marking :ph34r:

Douglas

Maybury

Johansson

Gerrbrand

Gilbert

Sylla

Williams

Gudjonsson

Wilcox

Connolly

De Vries

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy, Stearman, Tiatto, Elvis

That's what i'd like to see but i'm not sure Craig will risk throwing Gerrbrand in for his debut against Ipswich.

Archived