Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King Kyle lcfc

Team vs The tractor boys

Douglas

Maybury

Johansson

Gerrbrand

Gilbert

Sylla

Williams

Gudjonsson

Wilcox

Connolly

De Vries

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy, Stearman, Tiatto, Elvis

That's what i'd like to see but i'm not sure Craig will risk throwing Gerrbrand in for his debut against Ipswich.

154262[/snapback]

We've got a League Cup game against Bury coming up on the 23rd, Craig may experiment with players such as Gerrbrand then.

I'd keep the same side to be honest and bring Tiatto on when Wilcox starts to tire as we'll need that extra energy although Craig may think different as Tiatto's the captain. We really do need a leader out there, that was evident last night as from Corners and Free kicks no one was organising who to pick up who etc and it was the dreaded return of Zonal marking :ph34r:

154227[/snapback]

agreed

Wilcox does seem to know where the goal is though... his goals in the pre-season looked pretty positive and self assured.

:rolleyes:

I would pick the same team that played against Stoke except i would change Wilcox for Tiatto. I hoped Wilcox would do quite well but i was wrong there. Awful. Elvis is looking good, so i would like to see more of him in the later stages. I think it will be a brilliant match. Come on City!

I would pick the same team that played against Stoke except i would change Wilcox for Tiatto. I hoped Wilcox would do quite well but i was wrong there. Awful. Elvis is looking good, so i would like to see more of him in the later stages. I think it will be a brilliant match. Come on City!

154274[/snapback]

:blink:

i would stick to the same team, which for me means no changes

Douglas

Maybury

Johansson

Gerrbrand

Gilbert

Sylla

Williams

Gudjonsson

Wilcox

Connolly

De Vries

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy, Stearman, Tiatto, Elvis

That's what i'd like to see but i'm not sure Craig will risk throwing Gerrbrand in for his debut against Ipswich.

154262[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with that lineup. Our defence needs changing and it would be good to see how Gerrbrands improves that area.

Says who? I think he'll be on the bench is all, Gilbert wasn't match fit and he started!

154268[/snapback]

Says Craig Levein in his post match press conference- Hughes has only just started training with the ball again... :D

Gilbert is not good enough yet at left back.

154146[/snapback]

I wasnt particularly impressed by Maybury in that position against Shef. Utd. Who else do we have that could fill in at left back? Gilbert ain't bad and experience will help make him a better player. I think playing Stearman at rightback rather than Maybury might also be a good idea.

i would stick with exactly the same team as tuesday night, although i would like to see more of stearman. but i also like paddy mccarthy, and i would rather CL stuck with the winning team. "If it aint broker, dont fix it"... we played well for 80 mins of first game, and the scoreline speaks for itself against stoke.

although tiatto is captain, i agree with the comments that altho he will put in the commitment and workrate, and we do need a captain out there like that. Wilcox wil create more chances than Danny

My team would be

Douglas

Stearman McCarthy Nils Maybury

sylla Gudjonsson Williams Wilcox

Connolly MDV

What does everyone think to playing Hughes left mid when fit? wiliams and gudjonsson look good in midfield, and then theres kisnorbo.

e.g. Mid:

Sylla Gudjonsson/Kisnorbo Williams Hughes

I don't like the idea of Maybury at left back.

Whenever he has played there we have leaked bad goals, he is an excellent right back and should play there IMO. (West Ham away last season and Sheff UTD away spring to mind)

douglas

maybury

gilbert

Johannsen

McCarthy

Wilcox

Sylla

Tiatto

Gudjonsson

De Vries

Connolly

From wat i heard from a mate, Williams, got injured in trainin today.

I wasnt particularly impressed by Maybury in that position against Shef. Utd. Who else do we have that could fill in at left back? Gilbert ain't bad and experience will help make him a better player. I think playing Stearman at rightback rather than Maybury might also be a good idea.

154437[/snapback]

I like the idea of giving Stearman a good go...

Why are people so set on replacing Wilcox with Tiatto?  :unsure:

154180[/snapback]

Levein has said he will play on Saturday, so unless he goes in at LB or replaces Joey in the middle (both unlikely) it looks like Wilcox will be left out.

Williams had a scan on his foot after the Stoke game because of a suspected broken toe, but it turned out just to be bruised bone. Don't know if that'll effect his performance on Saturday though.

Apart from Tiatto coming in I think the starting line-up will be unchanged.

I would like maybury back at left back with stearman playing, before maybury was moved to right back we conceded 1 goal (penalty) then after we have conceded 5.

154632[/snapback]

Of course, this is not statistically significant :)

Nevertheless, good to keep in mind...

Levein has said he will play on Saturday, so unless he goes in at LB or replaces Joey in the middle (both unlikely) it looks like Wilcox will be left out.

Williams had a scan on his foot after the Stoke game because of a suspected broken toe, but it turned out just to be bruised bone. Don't know if that'll effect his performance on Saturday though.

Apart from Tiatto coming in I think the starting line-up will be unchanged.

154584[/snapback]

Williams broke his toe twice last season!! I think they should get him some special NHS boots. :D

Sylla's out;

Sylla Out

Sylla has been ruled out of Leicester City's Championship clash against Ipswich Town at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday.

The flying winger has been a shining light for the Foxes' during their opening two games of the 2005-06 campaign.

But a hamstring injury picked up against Stoke City will prevent the Guinea international playing any part in the clash against Joe Royle's side this weekend.

City boss Craig Levein said: "Momo has got a hamstring problem and he will definitely miss Saturday's game. But it doesn't seem to be particularly serious so hopefully he should be alright for the following week."

Levein also revealed some concerning news regarding the fitness of Gareth Williams, while Stephen Hughes and Patrick Kisnorbo are definitely ruled out of Saturday's game.

He added: "Gareth has got a little bit of a problem with a toe. It's too early to say whether or not he will be involved at this stage so it will be a case of wait and see.

"Stephen and Patrick are both progressing nicely, but the game will come too soon for them."

However, the Leicester chief did have some good news to reveal regarding Dion Dublin and Danny Tiatto.

He said: "Dion has got over his back problem now but he still hasn't trained. We will have wait and see how he is.

"Danny returns to the squad from suspension, which is fortunate for us. He is a leader on the pitch and will bring a lot of energy to the side. It will be great to have him

Hmm. The very problem we didn't want, considering we don't have another right winger (unless we promote one of the kids) so someone will have to play out of position. I nominate Hammond, as he seemed to do very well there on Tuesday.

With Williams doubtful too, our midfeild is looking extremely weak :(

If Kisnorbo, Hughes, Williams, Wesolowski and Sylla are all out, we have the following people left available for selection.

Tiatto

Wilcox

Gudjohnsson

Hammond

Maybe we could play Tiatto in the cnetre with Joey and have the other two as wide men. But what happens if we get an injury :unsure:

Archived