Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Teams that mathematically can't catch us

So as the above teams drop points you can deduct from the above totals, i.e. if Watford or Ipswich drop 1 more point they cannot overtake us, (although they could if their goal average was better). If the top team (as in QPR at the moment) lose points you can deduct from their total and move them down the list, this will reduce the number of points required.

with us getting points and these teams dropping points the list will shrink fast.

Don't like to be picky but "goal average"? That hasn't been used for over 35 years!

Still, Mr Vardy makes a rather fine inside forward in my opinion. :P

The way teams are dropping points, 80 points could well be enough. I doubt qpr are good enough to pick up 17 points from 10 games.

Was saying the same thing to my dad this morning.

If we stopped playing now there's a fair chance noboby would catch us.

Mathmatically we could have enough points to be promoted now.

Use the right word gentlemen.

I see you're not suggesting another word.

Our points minus their points minus remain available points. If the answer is positive they can't catch us, if it's negative they can. That's maths, so mathematically teams with a positive can't catch us.

A repost for FIF & pleatout

At the moment  we need 94 points to win promotion.

The maximum points for the following teams are :-

Leicester 113

Burnley 103 

QPR 93

Derby 93

Wigan 92

Brighton 88

Forest 87

Reading 86

Blackburn 82

Watford 81

Ipswich 81

So as the above teams drop points you can deduct from the above totals, i.e. if Watford or Ipswich drop 1 more point they cannot overtake us, (although they could if their goal difference was better). If the top team (as in QPR at the moment) lose points you can deduct from their total and move them down the list, this will reduce the number of points required.

with us getting points and these teams dropping points the list will shrink fast.

A repost for FIF & pleatout

At the moment  we need 94 points to win promotion.
The maximum points for the following teams are :-

Leicester 113
Burnley 103 
QPR 93
Derby 93
Wigan 92
Brighton 88
Forest 87
Reading 86
Blackburn 82
Watford 81
Ipswich 81

So as the above teams drop points you can deduct from the above totals, i.e. if Watford or Ipswich drop 1 more point they cannot overtake us, (although they could if their goal difference was better). If the top team (as in QPR at the moment) lose points you can deduct from their total and move them down the list, this will reduce the number of points required.

What would be stunning, incredible, wonderful and every other feelgood word you want to add, is if we got 113 points, and Burnley got (say) 100 - because we beat them - and the rest ended up with less than (say) 73. Imagine winning it 13 points ahead of second, and 40 ahead of third... That would have to be something unique, wouldn't it?

Yes, I know. But it's wonderful to be able to dream like this.

I see you're not suggesting another word.

Our points minus their points minus remain available points. If the answer is positive they can't catch us, if it's negative they can. That's maths, so mathematically teams with a positive can't catch us.

The word game is on. I'm the judge not the competitor.

Every oher chasing team could get less than 10 points for the rest of the season. for example 10 draws. 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 10. That's maths. Mathmatically we are already promoted.

I'd suggest that you are talking about the maximum points that we need to be sure of promotion.

TBH I think the only team we need worry about is Burnley but I still cannot see us losing 3 more games than them.

Remaining Fixtures

City--------------------Burnley-------------QPR----------------Derby

Blackburn A----------Charlton A---------Boro A-------------Ipswich A

Yeovil H----------------Doncaster H------Wigan H-----------Charlton H

Burnley A--------------City H---------------Blackpool H-------Midd'boro A

Wigan A----------------Watford A----------Bourmouth A------Blackpool A

S Wed H-----------------Barnsley A--------Blackburn A--------Huddlesfield H

Brighton H---------------Midd'boro H-------Forest H-------------Doncaster A

Reading A---------------Blackpool A--------City A----------------Barnsley A

QPR H--------------------Wigan H------------Wigan H--------------Watford H

Bolton  A------------------Ipswich H-----------Millwall H-------------Leeds A

Huddlersfield A-----------Reading A----------Barnsley A-

Doncaster H

If Any are wrong (can't read my writing) please correct. I can copy/paste each week leaving top fixture and teams eliminated.

And its getting better City 1-0 up

P   Pld  Pts 1  Leicester 36  83 2  Burnley  37  74 3  Derby  37  66 4  QPR  37  63

2 more on the list today and 15 teams now can't catch us

Watford

Blackburn Rovers

Huddersfield

Leeds United

Middlesborogh

Bournemouth

Yeovil

Barnsley

Millwall

Doncaster

Blackpool