Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Do you believe in Psychics? (NOT physics)!

That's not news, it could be any old Richard, e.g Pryor, Burton, Stilgoe.

If he'd said 'oooh, me spine's a bit twisty' or something like that you'd know it was him

HAHA. I'm not saying I believe it but none of the other Richards have been in the Manor House in Donington le Heath.

As far as i know.

From LM:

Amateur ghost hunters claim to have made contact with the spirit of someone called Richard during a séance at a house with connections to Richard III.

The audio clip clearly captures a man's voice saying "Richard" in response to the question, "what is your name?"

The very next question should have been: "Where do you want your bones buried, mate?"

Would have saved an awful lot of argument....

Anyway, I refuse to believe that it was him unless he yelled "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"

HAHA. I'm not saying I believe it but none of the other Richards have been in the Manor House in Donington le Heath.

As far as i know.

I think there's a danger here of assuming rules apply to something that doesn't exist.  He probably went to lots of places during his life, is he haunting them as well?  I don't know if ghosts get to choose where they have a presence, or they're just given a place pretty much at random.

I mean, I've stayed in Yeovil Travelodge, but I don't expect that I'll be haunting that, although ironically I do remember wishing I was dead whilst there

I think there's a danger here of assuming rules apply to something that doesn't exist.  He probably went to lots of places during his life, is he haunting them as well?  I don't know if ghosts get to choose where they have a presence, or they're just given a place pretty much at random.

I mean, I've stayed in Yeovil Travelodge, but I don't expect that I'll be haunting that, although ironically I do remember wishing I was dead whilst there

Nobody ever sees ghost cows or chickens... christ we probably chomp down more chickens in a decade than the number of humans that have ever existed. We should be knee deep in chicken ghosts, or chicken poltergeists throwing your chicken gravy granules about the kitchen in anger.

Nobody ever sees ghost cows or chickens... christ we probably chomp down more chickens in a decade than the number of humans that have ever existed. We should be knee deep in chicken ghosts, or chicken poltergeists throwing your chicken gravy granules about the kitchen in anger.

I expect Haunted Heritage have hours of tape recordings of spectral clucks and moos, but are keeping it tight for fear of undermining the reputation of such a well respected field of investigation.

Similarly, given the amount of time that we spend on the toilet, you'd think you'd see more ghosts taking a dump but I don't think I've ever heard about that.  They're always just doing something inane like appearing at a window or walking along a path.  If I discovered I still existed after I'd died I'd try and think of something to do more interesting than wander about like a bloody pensioner

If we suspend disbelief and accept that psychics exist then even so the 'skill/power' has to be one of the worst around. The ability to tell someone that they've met someone recently and that they'll be meeting someone else in the future isn't very useful. The ability to communicate with the dead, but only to a level where they engage you in banal small talk, must be incredibly frustrating. Thousands of the greatest minds of all time waiting in the after life and the only one who speak to you are cat owning grannies and distant relatives of middle aged women.

Would they be poultrygeists?

Ghosts explained:

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/print/a_ghost_story_low_frequency_illusions_created_by_standing_waves

This is very similar to something I heard on the Radio 4 science programme ages ago where a scientist was bothered by such goings on in the lab late at night and, being a scientist, didn't run away crying like I probably would have done, but sought a rational explanation which turned out to be low frequency resonance from a dodgy air conditioning unit, with the spooky occurences ceasing when it was fixed.

I believe that this theory has also been used to explain why so many Americans believe they have been kidnapped/visited by aliens, the resonance being the result of tectonic activity.  May explain sightings of little grey men but probably not all the anal probing that the 'aliens' supposedly get up to

Archived