Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jordan

New York Foxes

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 00:41, The_77 said:

Won't be hard at all. Just take the N,Q, or R train uptown to 34th-- eazeh! :)

New Yorkers get a bad rap for being rude but I'm glad you got to see that's an unfair characterization of most of us. Sometimes it's just ball-breakingly cold in the winter and we have places to be, haha!

Sounds like you planned a great trip last time you were here.

Hi Jason,

Dunno if you remember me (+ wife) from 2 years ago - we met up at FF for Leic v Burnley.  As it turned out, one of our few good performances in the early part of that season, and great to watch it in FF.  I will send you a horror show (the photo we had taken) at a later time to remind you who I am.

I am coming to NY again next Easter (17-21 April) and hope to repeat the experience. Scheduled to be at W Ham on 20th, but we may have that rescheduled by Sky if we're in for the title then (ever the optimist). Anyway, early days, and I'm getting in touch this early because I would be grateful for help/advice from yourself or any other NY-based foxes, or visitors, on accommodation.

I am coming with wife, son, daughter, her husband and their 2 sons (aged 11 and 14 by then).  So 7 in all.  We are looking at hotels or apartments and the constraint is that we want to be in Manhattan or somewhere easily accessible to midtown (e.g. Brooklyn, close to ferry and/or subway).

There appears a problem in looking at apartments - most of them seem to be technically illegal because they have to be in a building that houses no more than 2 apartments, which seems to restrict us to houses, rather than apartment blocks, and there seem to be none of those in Manhattan and not many anywhere else.  We don't want to take any risks with that, or with dodgy renters.

Cheers … Neil

Help needed with booking accommodation from any NY-based fox or anyone that's visited recently.

I am coming with wife, son, daughter, her husband and their 2 sons (aged 11 and 14 by then) next Easter.  So 7 in all.  We are looking at hotels or apartments and the constraint is that we want to be in Manhattan or somewhere easily accessible to midtown (e.g. Brooklyn, close to ferry and/or subway).

There appears a problem in looking at apartments - most of them seem to be technically illegal because they have to be in a building that houses no more than 2 apartments, which seems to restrict us to houses, rather than apartment blocks, and there seem to be none of those in Manhattan and not many anywhere else.  We don't want to take any risks with that, or with dodgy renters.

Be grateful if anyone can give useful advice/info.  Sorry to repeat previous message - just wanted to catch widest audience.

Thanks in anticipation … Neil

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/09/2018 at 18:25, Filbert's Friend said:

Huge thank you to the guys in Legends today for making a Fox, a long way from home, feel very welcome!

Loved all your stories and I'll 100% be seeing you again next time work send me off to the Big Apple :scarf:

Nice meeting you.

and a great win

• 3 weeks later...

Football Factory at Legends will absolutely have the game on (plus the big New York Foxes flag). Hopefully a few of us around will be able to get the afternoon off; I'm stuck in the office so I'll be watching at my desk. :/

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone is around on December 98th and 9th, NBC is hosting another Premier League Mornings event. We're the late kickoff on the 8th, and will have a big area reserved for NY Foxes. We also have some awesome events planned with the club for the weekend (those announcements will come soon). If you're around, you really don't want to miss this-- send me a private message and I'll provide more details and add you to the lists.

https://www.nbcsports.com/PremierLeagueMorningsLive

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/11/2018 at 10:35, The_77 said:

If anyone is around on December 98th and 9th, NBC is hosting another Premier League Mornings event. We're the late kickoff on the 8th, and will have a big area reserved for NY Foxes. We also have some awesome events planned with the club for the weekend (those announcements will come soon). If you're around, you really don't want to miss this-- send me a private message and I'll provide more details and add you to the lists.

https://www.nbcsports.com/PremierLeagueMorningsLive

I am :)

• 2 months later...
On 09/02/2019 at 18:11, UPinCarolina said:

Looks like I will be joining you bright and early at the Football Factory on 3/3. It's a shame that the match is at 6am, but that might serve to make the experience an even more memorable one.

7 am, we get to sleep in! :cheers:

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/09/2019 at 17:57, The_77 said:

Looks like a few of us are going to Newcastle

home :scarf:

Bring a few scarves over!Met one of the Brothers today outside the Blues Bar and showed him round the car park!Tell you what do any of you have a premier winning shirt?Swap you for a scarf!

Edited by PAULCFC

6 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Bring a few scarves over!Met one of the Brothers today outside the Blues Bar and showed him round the car park!Tell you what do any of you have a premier winning shirt?Swap you for a scarf!

Ah, he’s got the last one— I need to get another batch made! I’ll let you know as soon as I do, and what we’re up to next weekend. :) 

Thanks for showing my brother around!!! He’s having the time of his life right now. 

yes,he told me it was the last one,but if you still want a shirt,never been worn with Champions 2016 on the back and PL Badges,i'd be happy to meet up with you or your brother at the blues bar when we play Newcastle.To be honest i have too many shirts and would like this to go to someone who is a true supporter.Just get me a beer!

Edited by PAULCFC

• 4 months later...
14 hours ago, KingsX said:

gotta love the WAGs  :thumbup:

1411770568_NYFgals.JPG.2b586a8912dd48ab386685c6166ff1e6.JPG                       WAGs.JPG.37db4a0c8bc469769b5adb5bee182684.JPG

Haha, the two ladies wearing the one Leicester scarf are Montpellier and Boro friends here in NYC who came by to hang out. :P