Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

£30,000 a week max

Probably been posted but cannot see it,apparently the Thais are budgeting new and existing players to a maximum £30k a week,to make sure we keep in line with FFP,no bad thing in my eyes and if Pearson can keep sign little gems like Knockaert,Vardy and Mahrez it won't matter one iota,this was in the People so could be bollox,but I think there could be a lot of truth in this story.

The number of back room staff will be surprisingly vast. I cannot see that the wages figures laid down by the Premiership will include the tea lady!

No, but it will include people like Pearson, Robinson, Shakey, Phillips, Walsh, Stowell for starters, and that will add up to a fairly sizable amount. I wouldnt be suprised if the likes of the physios, academy staff and others are also taken into account.

The number of back room staff will be surprisingly vast. I cannot see that the wages figures laid down by the Premiership will include the tea lady!

Rest assured it will include ALL related expenditure, gone are the days when you could employ a gold fish for a stupid amount, saying that we did sign Beckford

No, but it will include people like Pearson, Robinson, Shakey, Phillips, Walsh, Stowell for starters, and that will add up to a fairly sizable amount. I wouldnt be suprised if the likes of the physios, academy staff and others are also taken into account.

I think you are totally wrong here. Rugby clubs used to employ spouses as a way around restrictions, I believe you will find the only area that is excluded is youth development

I think you are totally wrong here. Rugby clubs used to employ spouses as a way around restrictions, I believe you will find the only area that is excluded is youth development

...That's basically what I said?  :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in no doubt that every player knows who the boss is and they are professional enough to accept certain players are going to be on higher wages then themselves, if not Nigel will show them the door

They will know who the boss is but if a player comes in and signs for us on let's say £50k a week, the lads that got us promoted will no doubt be wondering why there not being offered the same amount after all the hard work they did getting us up.

It could be like opening a can of worms but hopefully not. Nigel knows what's best for this club.

Depends on the player coming in, if that player raises the standard (would probably have to be a striker) then the other players would accept, after all they will probably have win bonuses in their contracts, the problem occurs if a player comes in and the others feel he is no better than them, then it becomes a problem.

Since Kasper is on 20k already I suspect he wants double that so if the max to be offered is 30k he will be gone. Arsenal would offer him 50k to sit on the bench so we need to be competitive. Not that I think we will sign anyone on 50k a week just saying we would pay it if necessary, Kasper will be top earner next season I reckon.

Since Kasper is on 20k already I suspect he wants double that so if the max to be offered is 30k he will be gone. Arsenal would offer him 50k to sit on the bench so we need to be competitive. Not that I think we will sign anyone on 50k a week just saying we would pay it if necessary, Kasper will be top earner next season I reckon.

If any player tries to demand double their wages then good riddance.

Archived