Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

5 hours ago, Ross-Kemp said:

My toddler inserted 4 discs into my PS4, now the laser isn't reading the games correctly.

Whats the cheapest way to get this fixed?

You can replace the drive itself easy enough IF you can find one

1 hour ago, GazzinderFox said:

My three year old PC has just taken a good kicking from a harsh windows 10 update and has been 'restarting' for about 5 days now. Tried all the really obvious things. Any suggestions? 

Turned it off at the mains?

Power it off and then when rebooting tried to enter safe mode?

5 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

Yeah, I've tried a manual reboot, but when I switch it on again it goes immediately back to the restarting screen. Weird. 

You sure you powered it off and didn't just put it in standby mode? Hold the power button down until it all dies and all lights go off etc

4 minutes ago, DB11 said:

You sure you powered it off and didn't just put it in standby mode? Hold the power button down until it all dies and all lights go off etc

Yeah I'm sure I did it was completely off, but you're making me doubt myself now! I'm going to try it again though, maybe I got distracted, it's nuts that it would start up like that from that screen.

Do you have a boot disc or boot USB? you might need to try booting from that, as far as it being stuck in this loop, I would switch it off, then remove the CMOS battery. This will reset the BIOS to default, the put it back, turn the PC on. hopefully ou should be back to normal and able to update properly

30 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Do you have a boot disc or boot USB? you might need to try booting from that, as far as it being stuck in this loop, I would switch it off, then remove the CMOS battery. This will reset the BIOS to default, the put it back, turn the PC on. hopefully ou should be back to normal and able to update properly

Oh yes of course the old cmos battery. Er... remind me what that looks like again haha.

Has it ever started the auto repair? If not try to start it by holding the power button to turn it off while it's booting(when that circle thing starts), try it several times and see if the auto repair starts, if you get options try the refresh pc.

• Like 1

Just now, red5 said:

Has it ever started the auto repair? If not try to start it by holding the power button to turn it off while it's booting(when that circle thing starts), try it several times and see if the auto repair starts, if you get options try the refresh pc.

Boom!!! It worked! Auto repair kicked in. Thanks for your help guys really appreciate it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i really hope someone can help please.

My laptop Win 10 (anniversary update grrrrrrrrr) has suddenly decided that bluetooth headphones no longer work. Ive reinstalled drivers and tried all the usual tricks. The bluetooth area says the headphones are paired, but not connected and when i go to the sound thingo... they only show the speakers, again changed drivers etc... no fking good!

any ideas would be so appreciated, thanks

edit.

just deleted and tried re - pairing.... as it was pairing it showed connected.. until it completed loading, then went back to "paired"

Edited by ozleicester

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2016 at 20:16, ozleicester said:

i really hope someone can help please.

My laptop Win 10 (anniversary update grrrrrrrrr) has suddenly decided that bluetooth headphones no longer work. Ive reinstalled drivers and tried all the usual tricks. The bluetooth area says the headphones are paired, but not connected and when i go to the sound thingo... they only show the speakers, again changed drivers etc... no fking good!

any ideas would be so appreciated, thanks

edit.

just deleted and tried re - pairing.... as it was pairing it showed connected.. until it completed loading, then went back to "paired"

bump... anyone got any ideas please?

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Beliall said:

Actually i was going to tell you to delete it. There may be a program conflicting somewhere, there was similar issue on windows 8

Thanks yes i thought so too, i wondered if there was an alternative driver/bluetooth setup