Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

3 hours ago, hairy said:

Cheers potter3 but.......

I was hoping to use the Sonos there via the MAC. They say

How do people migrate from PC to MAC without this function

I think there is software that can enable Windows to write to HFS+ but it costs money.. You can get a free trial of Paragon though

Not PC but iPhone related anyone got an app that will clean up junk and caches and free up memory I had one called battery doctor but now where it used to say junk and clear memory I get medals (fvck knows what for). I just want a simple app that I can quickly run to optimise my phone.

22 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Not PC but iPhone related anyone got an app that will clean up junk and caches and free up memory I had one called battery doctor but now where it used to say junk and clear memory I get medals (fvck knows what for). I just want a simple app that I can quickly run to optimise my phone.

i have avira on mine, used to avast but i'm android so cant help with iphone if they are not compatible

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Howdy, quick one i hope.

For some reason PDFs no longer auto open, they always ask to download, is there a way to make them open rather than download?

Thanks

Check your pdf reader for updates. And make sure you have a pdf reader

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Check your pdf reader for updates. And make sure you have a pdf reader

thanks.. i did.. i do :)

saw this...

Google announced that in April 2015 NPAPI plug-in support is disabled by default in the Google Chrome web browser with an override capability for advanced users. In September 2015, NPAPI support in the Google Chrome web browser was removed entirely.

• 1 month later...

Not PC related but phone...

I accidentally deleted my screenshot album on my Galaxy S6 the other night. Is there any way of getting it back? Unless it was done automatically or was built in, I have never put any back-up thing on it etc, I don't really understand it. I've googled it and someone said to look in Google drive which I did and I think I see how it works but nothing is there. Probably because i've never set it up. Am I screwed? I've noticed when I go to delete a pic it comes up saying "1 item in Samsung Cloud will be moved to Samsung Cloud's recycle bin" but again I don't know if I can/where I can access it

I've got a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 all update but for some reason I'm now unable to view Sky Videos when I used to be able to.

I get the following message

This video isn't encoded for your device.

If anyone has any ideas why this is so and how to overcome it then I'd welcome their views.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently used a new tablet and the battery duration is very good.

However, I've started to charge it at around 17:00 today and the battery level has only increased 3% since.. - so charging up the device is slow.

What would the reason/s for this be, and whether there's a way around it?

I'm using the charger it was in with the tablet.

First time I've posted in here.

i have an Acer laptop, running Windows 10.

Pretty much the only game I play on the laptop is FM. Currently 17

Last weekend, Windows did a fairly lengthy update, that took ages to install. Following this, everything was crawling....including FM17. It was so slow, it was unplayable. Before the update....fine.

I have a service agreement with Currys/PC World (fookin useless) and called them. I was asked to do something that took the PC back to before the update was installed last weekend. This has the effect of making the PC still run slowly, and now FM will not run at all. It will get to where the program is just about to kick in (via Steam) and then the screen will go white, and freeze.

I've uninstalled and re-installed FM (including 16) and have done the same with Steam.

Why is the PC still crawling (it takes AN AGE to boot up now) and what's wrong with FM all of a sudden?

Any help greatfully accepted.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

First time I've posted in here.

i have an Acer laptop, running Windows 10.

Pretty much the only game I play on the laptop is FM. Currently 17

Last weekend, Windows did a fairly lengthy update, that took ages to install. Following this, everything was crawling....including FM17. It was so slow, it was unplayable. Before the update....fine.

I have a service agreement with Currys/PC World (fookin useless) and called them. I was asked to do something that took the PC back to before the update was installed last weekend. This has the effect of making the PC still run slowly, and now FM will not run at all. It will get to where the program is just about to kick in (via Steam) and then the screen will go white, and freeze.

I've uninstalled and re-installed FM (including 16) and have done the same with Steam.

Why is the PC still crawling (it takes AN AGE to boot up now) and what's wrong with FM all of a sudden?

Any help greatfully accepted.

Open up task manager and see what's hogging CPU and Ram

also 

start

cmd 

Msconfig 

to to see what's enabled on start up 

that said if it's Windows 10 it can be done via task manager 

I have a lot of music on my other laptop which plays through my sound system, i would like to control that music via my phone. I would like to be able to skip, pause etc using my phone as a remote...is it possible... any ideas please?

Ive tried using google play music and a gp thing but it didnt work

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I have a lot of music on my other laptop which plays through my sound system, i would like to control that music via my phone. I would like to be able to skip, pause etc using my phone as a remote...is it possible... any ideas please?

Ive tried using google play music and a gp thing but it didnt work

There are plenty of remote apps. Unified Remote is once I've used previously, can work over WiFi or Bluetooth.

7 hours ago, potter3 said:

There are plenty of remote apps. Unified Remote is once I've used previously, can work over WiFi or Bluetooth.

thanks appreciate the response.  

I was looking for a little more than a remote, in the end ive discovered how to use spotify to play my own music and control from phone, all good :)

• 1 month later...

Got a mobile-related problem, here.

I've noticed whenever I try to call someone, a few seconds after dialling, the call ends itself.. I've checked the settings but all seems normal.

I've also noticed I've been receiving voicemail messages from people without no call log on my mobile..

Not really sure what is causing this?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Got a mobile-related problem, here.

I've noticed whenever I try to call someone, a few seconds after dialling, the call ends itself.. I've checked the settings but all seems normal.

I've also noticed I've been receiving voicemail messages from people without no call log on my mobile..

Not really sure what is causing this?

sounds like reception issues

do you have an iphone