Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.‌ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Look in there, see if your device is disabled or hidden, if it is, re-enable it and it should show in the sounds menu

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.‌ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Look in there, see if your device is disabled or hidden, if it is, re-enable it and it should show in the sounds menu

Thanks, but no, ive checked that

13 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Have you deleted all traces of sound drivers, headphones software and then just plugged the headset in to see if it find a driver on its own?

hmm no, ive deleted drivers and then restarted... is that different?

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

If you did that, then there are no drivers after the restart. Do you have the windows disc or a utilities disc?

no when you do that, it auto finds them in the system and rinstalls,,, well i think thats what happens. I definitly have drivers

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

no when you do that, it auto finds them in the system and rinstalls,,, well i think thats what happens. I definitly have drivers

I'm running out of ideas I'm afraid. I didn't put bluetooth on my PC so cant look into it here, If the bluetooth manager is running, the headset should easily pair and show up in devices to be selected as default. 

5 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I'm running out of ideas I'm afraid. I didn't put bluetooth on my PC so cant look into it here, If the bluetooth manager is running, the headset should easily pair and show up in devices to be selected as default. 

No worries, thanks for your time thinking about it.

Its really weird as they were working fine... then stopped....plus the fact that, it pairs them, says its connected but doesnt work is just odd

the sound has totally gone on my lap top.

when i hovver over the speaker icon in the task bar a window pops up:   NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED

its an old machine so has the internal speaker just died?

ive done the basic checks but i need help or just confirmation that its a lost cause.

13 minutes ago, Royston. said:

the sound has totally gone on my lap top.

when i hovver over the speaker icon in the task bar a window pops up:   NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED

its an old machine so has the internal speaker just died?

ive done the basic checks but i need help or just confirmation that its a lost cause.

What's the basic checks? Does device manager see an audio device and are the drivers loaded?

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I'm unable to access Freeview (no channels) via BT Youview hub, when I have done all the time until now.

The ariel and cables are working and also re-tuned but no luck.

Any other suggestions for this please? Thanks.

Edit: There's no tv support thread so thought best to put in here.

Edited by Wymeswold fox