Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Ultras Thread

Can’t just be me who is fascinated by the Ultra fan scene movement across world football so well worth a thread in my opinion. Amazing how much influence these guys can have over their clubs, how political in-fighting between the same group of fans can cause civil war and how sophisticated groups (largely) made up on lunatics can get.

I find it interesting to see where their method of support is mainly influenced from – for example the Grobari at Partizan Belgrade and Vak S of Feyenoord base themselves on English fans of the 70s whereas most Greek clubs are predominantly Italian in style.

Anyway, seen a cool tifo? Heard about a controversial boycott or protest? Whack it in here…

I’ll start with a club fairly close to my heart – FC Basel – who put together one of my favourite choreos from last season to mark their 200th game in Europe. ‘Know where you are from, appreciate what you have’

23.jpg

Edited by C-man

I spend a lot of time on YouTube just looking at tifos, chants and pyro shows - my favourite tifo was probably an Al-Ahli one, 80 something fans died and using cards they made everyone of the fan's faces.

I spend a lot of time on YouTube just looking at tifos, chants and pyro shows - my favourite tifo was probably an Al-Ahli one, 80 something fans died and using cards they made everyone of the fan's faces.

Some tifos that the Egyptians have pulled off have been immense.

I'll be sure to get my teeth stuck into this thread. Love the whole culture from Europe, where giving everything for your football club doesn't mean you have to look like Mr Pompey or Bernie!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone seen the pictures of the guy that got his hand blown off in Macedonia after the police threw a grenade in the away end?????

Pretty ****ing brutal! 

I suppose it's one way to blow the opposition away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great display from Palace yesterday by the looks of things. I was in Dortmund to see them lose to Leverkusen... No choreos but plenty of banners and generally a good atmosphere.

Weird atmosphere in the city with Nazi and Antifa demos going on though.

Great display from Palace yesterday by the looks of things. I was in Dortmund to see them lose to Leverkusen... No choreos but plenty of banners and generally a good atmosphere.

Weird atmosphere in the city with Nazi and Antifa demos going on though.

Bv4Bb3yIEAEe9ql.jpg

A few accounts on twitter are saying this was against Leverkusen on Saturday??

How drunk were you???